Player Suggestion Andres Iniesta and Zlatan Ibrahimovic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65705567

If they fancy playing in the Premier League, I think they'd be worth going for. Not on ridiculous wages of course, but their experiences and having such big names would be quite a boost for the club.

Yes they're well past their prime, and we'd have to design the contract to account for any injuries, but it'd still be quite exciting.
Congratulations
You have won the stupidest post of 2023

Zlatan's not had the last season he deserves. From Milan's point of view, it serves them right. Giving him another contract was basically an act of loyalty, respect and charity. Not because he's no longer up to it, but because of his inability to stay fit. If he could stay fit, he could still contribute in a significant way. And at that age, especially after an ACL injury not long ago, that is exceptional. A rare specimen for sure

Disappointed I'll never see him play for the blades....... fully expected to

Gone elsewhere

Still maintain this would have been worth pursuing, oh well!

Gone elsewhere

Still maintain this would have been worth pursuing, oh well!
Genuinely though mate, apart from the wages they've commanded throughout their career and the fact that pretty much any club in the world would want them, why do you think they'd be interested in us?

The only deals like this that have ever happened are when someone's had a personal interest, a reason to take a massive wage cut and play beneath themselves for sentimental value. Did Iniesta's granddad secretly own a hardware shop on Woodseats? Did Zlatan play his early football on the Bolehills whist staying at his Uncle Tommy's end terrace at Crookes? Pray do tell.

Genuinely though mate, apart from the wages they've commanded throughout their career and the fact that pretty much any club in the world would want them, why do you think they'd be interested in us?

The only deals like this that have ever happened are when someone's had a personal interest, a reason to take a massive wage cut and play beneath themselves for sentimental value. Did Iniesta's granddad secretly own a hardware shop on Woodseats? Did Zlatan play his early football on the Bolehills whist staying at his Uncle Tommy's end terrace at Crookes? Pray do tell.

I just remember how good Cambiasso was when he went to Leicester. That shows that deals like that can be done ✅

If we could get a player like that, the boost to morale and club profile, as well as the winning experience they'd bring could be profoundly positive.

You are probably right that they'd turn us down but I think the odd transfer like that is worth pursuing

I just remember how good Cambiasso was when he went to Leicester. That shows that deals like that can be done ✅

If we could get a player like that, the boost to morale and club profile, as well as the winning experience they'd bring could be profoundly positive.

You are probably right that they'd turn us down but I think the odd transfer like that is worth pursuing
Well aye- I don't think anyone for a second would suggest they wouldn't get in the side....just that, you know, it wouldn't remotely happen.

And yes, Cambiasso was a lovely player, a bit like when Paul McGrath and Gordon Cowans ended up at the Lane, experience is worth a great deal. Genuine world class legends tend to be a bit harder to come by though. Especially when you're more in the financial realms of desperately hoping for decent Premier League reserve players.

Come on Foxy put 'gone elsewhere' so I can at least pretend we were interested 😅

Back
Top Bottom