CONFIRMED Cameron Carter-Vickers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've heard good things about him previously - been in and around the Spurs side too.

Only 19 but has all the right attributes imo - pace and athletism (will be playing with the experience if Wright / stearman too)

Rate the Spurs academy - quite a few of the players that don't make it into their first team still tend to do quite well and are all technically decent so work their way back after dropping down.

• Charlie Daniels
  • Adam smith
  • Tom Carroll
  • Bentaleb
  • Alex Prichard
  • Tom Carroll
  • George Moncur
  • Massimo luango
  • David Button
And that's ignoring the likes of Kane, sol Campbell

I'd like to get in early with future potential clickbait match report headlines so here we go;

Cam shafted!

Straw that broke the Cam(els) back!

Cam(paign) victory

He Cam(e), he saw, he conquered

Sounds like another Bomb scare to me .

You've got to take the standard into account - these spurs fans have been watching probably the best centre back paring in the league if not world football for the last few years - almost anyone else will suffer in comparison to those guys. Much more so an 18/19 year old who make an error.

Sounds like a loan spell is the best thing for all parties

I saw him turn in an awful performance for Spurs last season in FA cup v Wycombe. Maybe I just picked the wrong game. Same game I saw Blackman play equally poorly. So that therefore means he will be ok.

I saw him turn in an awful performance for Spurs last season in FA cup v Wycombe. Maybe I just picked the wrong game. Same game I saw Blackman play equally poorly. So that therefore means he will be ok.

Getting some comments from Spurs fans now and it seems he got absolutely destroyed by Akinfenwa that game.

I'm not going to write the lad off but it's a pretty big risk going for someone so inexperienced to shore up our defence.

Not at all inspired by this signing.

Hope its bull.

I am still looking for some top quality 'ready' Championship players. All for gambling on young talent like Blackman and Carter Vickers etc or lower league players like we have done in Thomas, Stevens etc but we do need some experience and quality that have proved they can do it at this level for me.

Any suggestions of a value for money alternative or you just here to criticise?

Exactly. - can't really see a down side.

Taking a highly rated spurs defender who's been in an around the squad is really no different or less ambitious that signing the like of izzy brown, tammy Abraham or Lewis baker from Chelsea or that ojo from Liverpool.

Just a less high profile position imo. Lots of the young players have all the talent in the world and just need the right place to show it because they are limited by fierce competition to the first team at top 6 clubs who can afford an international in every position.

Good article posted on the other thread... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...kers-is-looking-like-a-future-captain-america

I'm in favour of this kind of signing for defence.

We have an established back 3 and it's far from guaranteed that anyone coming in, even Lenihan at £2m for example, would dislodge any of the current players. We don't have a huge budget and we need various other additions. So I don't think now is the time to be splashing big money on a defender.

Our main problem looks to be scoring goals. And attacking players are more expensive. So it makes sense to save the money and spend it on those players instead. And possibly a central midfielder depending on who's available - I'd love us to get Jackson Irvine if we could.

I am still looking for some top quality 'ready' Championship players. All for gambling on young talent like Blackman and Carter Vickers etc or lower league players like we have done in Thomas, Stevens etc but we do need some experience and quality that have proved they can do it at this level for me.

Take the point but the likes of Abraham, Jordan Ibe, izzy brown, mooy, lingaard etc didn't have experience at this level but still excelled at this level on loan.

The competitor is so tough at the very top level they have no chance of breaking into a first team and managers are under so much pressure they never play them. There are still ridiculously talented players who just need a stage to perform on.

Ccv might not turn out great but he might be exactly what we need. I think we'd have less of a gamble getting him in loan than splashing say 2m on the fella from Blackburn.

Any suggestions of a value for money alternative or you just here to criticise?

"Liverpool type of investment"

"The prince will spend big when we get to the champ"

"We are chasing some really ambitious prem players"

im sorry this is not the ambitious - pretty standard/almost disappointing for the champ. cant have any kind of nerves in the back line especially a kid with no experience who is renouned for turning to jelly the second he gets on the pitch and had a nightmare against lg2 wycombe.

I will reserve full judgement until i see him play but it is on paper an un-inspiring signing.

"Liverpool type of investment"

"The prince will spend big when we get to the champ"

"We are chasing some really ambitious prem players"

im sorry this is not the ambitious - pretty standard/almost disappointing for the champ. cant have any kind of nerves in the back line especially a kid with no experience who is renouned for turning to jelly the second he gets on the pitch and had a nightmare against lg2 wycombe.

I will reserve full judgement until i see him play but it is on paper an un-inspiring signing.
This is you reserving judgement?

Back
Top Bottom