CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I am not sure of the details of the Ramsey deal but from what I read it is we can buy him back for a pre agreed amount regardless of whether there is another bid or not. I expect the pre agrred amount would be at least double the 14m and it will have a date, probably 2 years from date of signing, that the deal would expire.
Villa bought Douglas Luiz from Man City for 15m and City had a 25m buy back they could exercise anytime in the first two years, fortunately for us they had Rodri and didn't exercise the buyback
Sorry mate I think I’m confusing you, what I meant was I can’t see anything that says Villa have an obligation buy back on Ramsey, just some form of buy back, could likely be first refusal

I know Villa was really clear about Ramsey and Archer and said neither player would leave Villa unless we had a buyback in the contract
Yeh I think I’m confusing you mate, see my response above 👍

Sorry mate I think I’m confusing you, what I meant was I can’t see anything that says Villa have an obligation buy back on Ramsey, just some form of buy back, could likely be first refusal
Yeah, we don't have an obligation to buy back from Burnley, I agree with that. As per other comment, I think Blades asked for the relegation buyback to be added to protect themselves from another Brewster and that is why the buyback is so low.

Do we know what the buy back is and under what conditions ?

Would it be a surprise to anyone if we get relegated, the buy back would be less than we paid ?

UTB

Sounds like we are getting our man for a year without using up a loan space, carnt decide if genius or not

Think that’s only the case if we’re relegated.

If we stay up then there’s no buy back option….Villa obviously think we’re going back down.

Do we know what the buy back is and under what conditions ?

Would it be a surprise to anyone if we get relegated, the buy back would be less than we paid ?

UTB
Buy back on relegation is 20m. 2m more that u are buying him for

I'm sure it will be but I've never heard of this kind of deal before, certainly not structured in this way.

Appreciate we don't know the finer points and clauses but it seems like a way of bending the rules.

If its a legitimate loophole then great.

Just wouldn't like any nasty surprises down the line.

Hopefully the PL have to sign off on the deal firstly so that can't happen. Not that I know hiw much detail they go into when registering transfers.
I know. With it being us, it immediately smells like downstairs at the old Castle Market and we hardly need to give the authorities an excuse to twat us do we?

It also makes you wonder if, it having never been done before, our man Bettis really would be the one to legitimately manoeuvre around the legal loophole. Stinks of the most Blades thing ever.

Still, fingers in ears, la la la la la, it's all going to be fine

Yeah, we don't have an obligation to buy back from Burnley, I agree with that. As per other comment, I think Blades asked for the relegation buyback to be added to protect themselves from another Brewster and that is why the buyback is so low.
Cheers mate 👍👍

Think that’s only the case if we’re relegated.

If we stay up then there’s no buy back option….Villa obviously think we’re going back down.
I don't believe that to be the case. Has that been reported? Villa stated they would not let Archer leave without a buyback

I've spoken to my sources at the club regarding the breakdown of the deal

He will be the highest earner at the club on £45,000 per week

Its £14,500,000 upfront
£3,000,000 if we stay up
£2,500,000 if he scores 10 goals in a premier league season
£350,000 for every corner kick he wins

And villa have a buy back option which is a packet of sherbert dib dab and a curly wurly
Fallowfield was never this funny.

Makes full sense.
There are actually so many similarities between Brewster and Arche…..it’s uncanny.

Both very highly rated at Liverpool and Villa...with both clubs reluctant to sell....so both clubs inserted a buy back clause.
Both regular scorers at England under 21 level
Both farmed out on loan to the Championship...with both impressing and scoring at that level proving they were too good for the Championship.
Both very young English players...where their value is almost guaranteed to increase.
Both with hardly any Premier League experience...so both a risk at that level.

What has happened to Brewster here has been a total disaster.
Looks to have quality but always seems to "nearly score", then every time he's shown signs of finding any form he's then been injured
....with quite often long term injuries just by sprinting for a ball then pulling up with a torn hamstring...that for some reason takes ages to heal.

Isn't it a 'loan' if we get relegated, purchase if we stay up (with non mandatory high buyback)
Effectively yes, but from an FFP perspective, it is a permanent sale and hence this just highlights a loophole that is being abused by Villa with the assistance of Sheffield United. I expect there is very little money changing hands too. U will be paying 1m or 2m upfront and the balance if u get relegated and when we pay u 20m for Archer. It looks like a very clever financial agreement. Blades don't have to cough up cash now, you are protected against another Brewster situation and u get a good striker for the PL to help try and keep you up. Villa benefits by registering an 18m profit and Archer gets first team experience. The only risk to Sheffield United is if Archer turns to gold, gets and England call up and knocks in 20 goals. Then Villa will buy him back but it would still be 30m+ imo so the risk is you would 'only' make a profit of about 19m/15m on a player. A pretty high class problem imo

So basically we've got a guaranteed £20m if we get relegated or whatever money we get from staying up? Could mean we've still effectively got £20m in the budget for new signings/expensive loan fees right now?

I don't believe that to be the case. Has that been reported? Villa stated they would not let Archer leave without a buyback

Wonder what the buyback is on Sheff Utd staying up?
Surely would be at least £30 million...maybe more.......that's what we'd need to buy decent quality replacement that has a chance in the PL.

Think this is one of them rare deals.....where everyone is a winner....
Sheff Utd are laughing .....Villa are laughing and the player is laughing.....the advantages far outweigh possible disadvantages for all 3 parties.

Makes full sense.
There are actually so many similarities between Brewster and Arche…..it’s uncanny.

Both very highly rated at Liverpool and Villa...with both clubs reluctant to sell....so both clubs inserted a buy back clause.
Both regular scorers at England under 21 level
Both farmed out on loan to the Championship...with both impressing and scoring at that level proving they were too good for the Championship.
Both very young English players...where their value is almost guaranteed to increase.
Both with hardly any Premier League experience...so both a risk at that level.

What has happened to Brewster here has been a total disaster.
Looks to have quality but always seems to "nearly score", then every time he's shown signs of finding any form he's then been injured
....with quite often long term injuries just by sprinting for a ball then pulling up with a torn hamstring...that for some reason takes ages to heal.
I agree and I can completely understand the nervousness of repeating the same mistake a second time. I think the relegation buyback is a great bit of insurance for Sheffield United and would have helped the board to make the decision to go for it

So basically we've got a guaranteed £20m if we get relegated or whatever money we get from staying up? Could mean we've still effectively got £20m in the budget for new signings/expensive loan fees right now?
Another more negative way to look at it is that Villa is not demanding the 18m now and only asking for a very small upfront payment. So Sheffield United may be buying a player for 18m but with a budget of say 2m. If u are relegated we pay u 20m and u then pay us back the 16m u owe us. If u stay up then a 2nd year of PL revenue will help to pay the balance owed on Archer. So the 18m transfer budget may not actually exist

Worry about all that later.
The future looks far from bleak in my view.
Another 12 months for Osula, Marsh, Hackford, Jebbison and Traore to develop.
Time for Brewster to get fit.
All of those options should provide goals in the Championship
Or we just replace Archer in the worse case scenario. If we go down then a few players will have to be sold anyway and some re-building done. I have some faith that this current management team can do that adequately.
Get Brewster fit just in time for his contract to run out and he leaves on free sounds more logical it's the United way

Effectively yes, but from an FFP perspective, it is a permanent sale and hence this just highlights a loophole that is being abused by Villa with the assistance of Sheffield United. I expect there is very little money changing hands too. U will be paying 1m or 2m upfront and the balance if u get relegated and when we pay u 20m for Archer. It looks like a very clever financial agreement. Blades don't have to cough up cash now, you are protected against another Brewster situation and u get a good striker for the PL to help try and keep you up. Villa benefits by registering an 18m profit and Archer gets first team experience. The only risk to Sheffield United is if Archer turns to gold, gets and England call up and knocks in 20 goals. Then Villa will buy him back but it would still be 30m+ imo so the risk is you would 'only' make a profit of about 19m/15m on a player. A pretty high class problem imo
Will take that if that’s a worst case scenario, like Margot Robbie saying she isnt interested but she is up for a weekend of Netflix and chill lol

Done deal. Just changing the Ndiaye video to Archer, Billy is still handing his shirt over.
I would actually love it if the media team did this, but did it as badly as possible by sticking random pictures of Archer's head over Ndiaye's and someone dubbing his name over Ndiaye's with a bad impression of Billy Sharp. Basically a video version of this:

Picsart_23-08-23_13-20-18-431.jpg

Looking at this deal I suspect Luton, Everton, and a few other PL clubs are kicking themselves they didn't get this deal. It really is a win win for all involved

Another more negative way to look at it is that Villa is not demanding the 18m now and only asking for a very small upfront payment. So Sheffield United may be buying a player for 18m but with a budget of say 2m. If u are relegated we pay u 20m and u then pay us back the 16m u owe us. If u stay up then a 2nd year of PL revenue will help to pay the balance owed on Archer. So the 18m transfer budget may not actually exist

Now that's what you call a "creative" player transfer.
They always say "where there's a will....there's a way".....all parties are kind of protected against the potential negatives/risks of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom