Bye Bye Blackwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

it's the listening to comments on the radio, picking out parts that suit one's own viewpoint and then spouting them as fact without looking to any other source or even waiting til the games finished that makes no sense to me.

If I was to do this regularly without going to the game; simply providing the little disclaimer that my viewpoint can be discounted and rubbished should anyone who went to the game disagree by the time they get home then I would feel a little bit irrational to say the least.

Be honest, how many times have you come on whilst a games still in action and we're 2-1 up and said anything positive. If you're happy to wait at least til the games finished before commenting on those occasions I feel it's the least you should do when things aren't going right.

Surely the forum is a place where any blade can discuss anything about UTD irregardless as to whether they were at the match or not.

Discuss maybe.....but abuse when not even seeing them is a bit too much as usual.

I've talked to Linz since the match and she says it was very poor.

If people hate it so much they don't have to go!

:)

For me Blackwell showed his true colours after the play off final. Quite clearly wanted to throw the towel in and didn't have the nuts to try and get us back up there. He obviously got talked round but now he's playing on excuses right left and centre. Injuries, Flu etc. We still managed to put 6 subs on the bench today so the so called crisis isn't that bad.

Yep he showed his true colours, got a bit emotional when a microphone and camera was shoved in his face. But then after a word from his boss decided to roll his sleeves up and get on with the job.

Yes we're on a bad run, we need to stop it as soon as possible, but we had a bad run last season, christ we lost at home to the pigs, but he showed his true colours and got us on a cracking run.

Players were arguing today, not good to see or hear, sure its a sign of people being peed off, but is it a sign that the spirit and unity's gone? Not necessarily.

We've got a heck of a lot of injuries, no pattern to suggest its due to cut backs on band aid's and deep heat, but worrying. We managed 6 subs on the bench but we also heard that players were patched up. Morgs, Ched, Kyle and Hendo were all on the 'injured list' during the week.

Yes we should be beating Coventry, Swansea and Scunny, but its not as simple as turning up to get the 3 pts.

Blackie and his players are on a sh*t run, he needs to put a stop to it and as has been said so many times, get a plan B instead of pumping it to Hendo all the time.

A new manager isn't always the best option. Lets steady the ship and get on with it.

it's the listening to comments on the radio, picking out parts that suit one's own viewpoint and then spouting them as fact without looking to any other source or even waiting til the games finished that makes no sense to me.

If I was to do this regularly without going to the game; simply providing the little disclaimer that my viewpoint can be discounted and rubbished should anyone who went to the game disagree by the time they get home then I would feel a little bit irrational to say the least.

Be honest, how many times have you come on whilst a games still in action and we're 2-1 up and said anything positive. If you're happy to wait at least til the games finished before commenting on those occasions I feel it's the least you should do when things aren't going right.

Good post!

Very dissapointed today! The worst thing is I live not far from shitty Scunny and know loads of there fans,Im gonna get some right shit off them.

Injuries or not,Utd shouldnt be losing to a team like Scunthorpe,the team we fielded today was good enough to get atleast a point despite playing injured players and players out of position,Blackwell said on radio before the game that Walker had a bad ankle so he couldnt play right back.

Am gutted,IMO Bunn isnt upto it,in recent weeks there has been a few questionable goals.As for Kilgallon I can understand him wanting to play in the premiership but after the recent comments its obvious he doesnt want to be at the Lane.so for me he can fack off! Roll on Blackpool 3-0 the Blades!

Yep he showed his true colours, got a bit emotional when a microphone and camera was shoved in his face. But then after a word from his boss decided to roll his sleeves up and get on with the job.

Yes we're on a bad run, we need to stop it as soon as possible, but we had a bad run last season, christ we lost at home to the pigs, but he showed his true colours and got us on a cracking run.

Players were arguing today, not good to see or hear, sure its a sign of people being peed off, but is it a sign that the spirit and unity's gone? Not necessarily.

We've got a heck of a lot of injuries, no pattern to suggest its due to cut backs on band aid's and deep heat, but worrying. We managed 6 subs on the bench but we also heard that players were patched up. Morgs, Ched, Kyle and Hendo were all on the 'injured list' during the week.

Yes we should be beating Coventry, Swansea and Scunny, but its not as simple as turning up to get the 3 pts.

Blackie and his players are on a sh*t run, he needs to put a stop to it and as has been said so many times, get a plan B instead of pumping it to Hendo all the time.

A new manager isn't always the best option. Lets steady the ship and get on with it.

do you get to many matches swiss?

For the first time in a long long time, my reaction after today's match was not simply one of utter disapointment, but more a shrug of 'well what did I expect?'. There have been many performances under Blackwell which stand out alongside the worst of the dark days of the late 70s and 80s- Pigs, Donny at home last season to name just two. Blackwell has no idea how to change a game and is, well, just not good enough to manage my club. I will be there on Saturday as usual against Cardiff, but I am afraid any hopes of success under this management have gone out of the window. I can't remember the last time we got any way near hammering a team with any style, QPR over a year ago?? Time for Blackwell to go.

Listening to Blackwell I think he has got it right. We had a team good enough to win, injuries have an impact but are not a sufficient excuse. We did not compete in midfield and our defence was not always focused - giving away easy goals. Killa off cause head not in the game. We have to give Blackwell till Xmas simply based on his record, dropping a manager for a couple of losses is dumb - we gave Robson a longer run with a worse record and no great history of consistent success - unlike Blackwell. Players lose games and changing managers often has minimal impact. Always a gamble and very disruptive and, for me, way too early to give up on the season which is in effect what we would be doing if we change managers anytime in the near future.

Yeah cheers. Season ticket holder, not been to as many games this season but I went to almost all the home games last season, with a few away games.

I can't get to midweek games because I work in Switzerland so I listen on the Radio.

Is that ok?

to give him credit, his line is a lot more courageous and thought out than endless posts of why we should sack Blackwell after every defeat. And there's not much wrong with what he says though I think it underestimates how poor we are at the moment. I don't think anyone isn't concerned and the jury is firmly out.

UTB

Swiss if were playin bad good or whatever I'll post how I feel abd when I feel it I spend my hard earned money o travel all round the country to watch united and if I think there's problems I'll put them up

I don't think anyone isn't concerned and the jury is firmly out.

UTB

I think everyone is concerned....including those within the club.

We do have to keep a perspective.

We are still in a good position despite all the faults.

Let's hope we improve and do what we have to.

Swiss if were playin bad good or whatever I'll post how I feel abd when I feel it I spend my hard earned money o travel all round the country to watch united and if I think there's problems I'll put them up

I have no problems with what you say Spadge, I don't neccesarily agree, but I'm not having a go at you am i? If I am it wasn't my intention.

My posts on this thread are generally to question some of the statements by others, just saying Blackie is shit 20 mins into the 2nd half doesn't offer anything it just follows a theme.

There seems to be a lot of people on here that are intent on starting a revolution, but they don't back up their arguments consistently and their arguements fall flat on their backsides when we win.

The fact is that Blackie just missed out on Manager of the Month for Aug, Had a shocker in Sept and now into Oct it looks like we've started with another shocker.

Is it a reason for him to go? No
Is it if it continues? Possibly, but i'm not looking that far as I don't believe that Blackie will allow the rot to set in.

People slate him, but i get the sense that a lot of the time its just because they don't like him.

There has to be changes simple as that another defeat tuesday against a better side than Scunthorpe then we have big problems because of the 3 fixtures that follow i personally can't see where the next 3 points are coming from. Shocking result today shocking performance can someone please tell me when we last put in a good performance for 90 mins

Yeah cheers. Season ticket holder, not been to as many games this season but I went to almost all the home games last season, with a few away games.

I can't get to midweek games because I work in Switzerland so I listen on the Radio.

Is that ok?

i was only asking due to your location. don't get your knickers in a twist.

For me, the sooner McCabe sells up to someone interested in football, as opposed to someone interested in leveraging the football club to make money, the better. He can take that waste of space manager with him as well and we can get back to supporting an FC rather than a business.

For me, the sooner McCabe sells up to someone interested in football, as opposed to someone interested in leveraging the football club to make money, the better.

You mean like the Chairmen in the Premiership?

You are having a lauugh I take it?

Or do you really believe they are are all there for the football?

fair one swiss blade im just really pissed off how we seem to be run jsut false promises and lies, mccabe to me couldnt give a shit when was the last time anyone heard anything from him and can anyone tell me the last time he saw us play ( thats a genuine question ) jsut seems that were not a football team anymore jsut a business.

[

our side will still have cost far more than scunny's did today.[/QUOTE]

And will no doubt be paid more!!!

[

our side will still have cost far more than scunny's did today.

And will no doubt be paid more!!![/QUOTE]

Is football only decided by those who can pay the most?

Surely we don't want this to be true do we?

Paid more because they SHOULD be better players, enough to beat Scunthorpe at least!!

You mean like the Chairmen in the Premiership?

You are having a lauugh I take it?

Or do you really believe they are are all there for the football?

No, of course I don't. I mean someone whose main focus is football, not how they can grow a global empire out of leveraging the 'brand'. Chairmen who are football fans do exist, you know.

Why is it that when someone says something negative about the club it's instantly assumed that they're idiots who want the polar opposite of what they're complaining about? If I say I'd like to see us invest more in the playing squad, it doesn't necessarily follow that I want to see us throw millions of pounds down the crapper, like Leeds or Wednesday. Similarly, saying I'd like to see a chairman with more of an interest in football than business doesn't necessarily mean I want us to be run by some Arab with billions of pounds to invest.

Do me the courtesy of not putting words in my mouth, and if you disagree with me - as is obviously your right - try to do so without setting up baseless straw man arguments. Just because I advocate change doesn't mean that I am against moderacy. Not everyone who complains is a rabid reactionary.

English football is going to the dogs anyway, all about business, money, more money....and even more money. The sport side of football seems to be dieing a death.

I've been patient...

I am NOT a happy clapper or a doom ridden misery.

I am a realist.

And what I can see is a club dropping like a stone,led by a man who has lost the dressing room,the respect of his players,and most of his supporters.A man who trusts his multi million pound squad to a second in command who's football pedigree is leading Blackpool to the 4th division championship,and a goalkeeping coach who was one of the worst players in between the sticks since the days of Nicky Johns.

Maybe a stronger man would have led us to promotion at Wembley in May,and we'd have been looking forward to watching us pitting our wits against Liverpool.Unfortunately,with this duckegg in charge,I fear that in 18 months,it'll be Hartlepool.

We are going backwards,not forward.Despite the protests from the deluded,there is no quantity or quality.And now for the sake of a few lousy quid,and because we can't arrange a piss up in a brewery,never mind contract negotiations,we lose another of our crown jewels for peanuts.

Enough is enough....and I've had enough. Thank you for your service,Kevin,but your best is simply not good enough.....

th_91343_Blackwell74s_P45_122_111lo.jpg

Keys to your car on my desk,once you've cleared your office.

No, of course I don't. I mean someone whose main focus is football, not how they can grow a global empire out of leveraging the 'brand'. Chairmen who are football fans do exist, you know.

Why is it that when someone says something negative about the club it's instantly assumed that they're idiots who want the polar opposite of what they're complaining about? If I say I'd like to see us invest more in the playing squad, it doesn't necessarily follow that I want to see us throw millions of pounds down the crapper, like Leeds or Wednesday. Similarly, saying I'd like to see a chairman with more of an interest in football than business doesn't necessarily mean I want us to be run by some Arab with billions of pounds to invest.

Do me the courtesy of not putting words in my mouth, and if you disagree with me - as is obviously your right - try to do so without setting up baseless straw man arguments. Just because I advocate change doesn't mean that I am against moderacy. Not everyone who complains is a rabid reactionary.

Have I really said anything in this post??

A "rabid reactionary"????

Where did I say that?

If you post on a forum at least expect a reply.

P.S.

Where did I say you was an Idiot????????

Words into your mouth Matt??

Explain please??

No, you're right. Of course you weren't suggesting that I wanted to see something like one of these archetypal Prem chairmen in charge. Of course you weren't highlighting an extreme antithesis of what I was complaining about to make my suggestion look flawed. Of course, whenever anyone suggests a change to the status quo, they're not assigned with hyperbolic arguments that make them look like they're advocating either a Leeds style overspending or the investment of some foreign playboy with more money than sense.

It's no wonder I don't bother posting much on here anymore. If it's not the same point being endlessly repeated in rapidly-multiplying threads, it's people being marginalised and ridiculed for posting what are perfectly legitimate concerns and treated either like idiots, youngsters who can't have an opinion because they weren't around when we were in division eight in 1463, or red-faced rabble-rousers who want to return to the bad old days just because they have the bare-faced cheek to question where the club is going.

Back
Top Bottom