Bye Bye Blackwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I still think that side would beat Scunthorpe Womby.

Course it would - but apply it to United.

I'm by no means supporting Blackwell as I don't think he is the man for the job BUT logcally:

1. He took us over in the lower reaches of the CCC in February;
2. He nearly took us into the Play Offs - Improved;
3. He took us a point from automatic promotion - Improved;
4. He took us to the Play Off Final - disappointing result but improved;
5. He took us into the top four early on despite the sales - better start made so improved;
6. An injury crisis has wreaked havoc on the team and we are suffering - but can Blackwell be blamed for that? Half the squad is injured and soldiering on or is injured and out. That is not Blackwell's fault.

If you are doing your job and you keep improving (regardless of how it happens), then you would not expect to be sacked. His league position last season entitles him to another season at it IMO. The only way the sack would be forthcoming would be if we were ridicuolously off the pace.

I'm sorry if you don't like him but he has done an effective job so far and whilever we are improving, he deserves to stay. If the current demise continues when players return to fitness, then he'll be in danger.

It was getting worse before the injurys kicked in.

I think the youth players would've done a better job today. They'd have tried and would've lost but we wold have all been more sympathetic towards ourselves if that happened. Beacuse at the end of the day in all the papers tomorrow it will show 11 players that are all in our first team squad, week in, week out losing away to SCUNTHORPE. At least if we'd p[layed our reserves everyone in the world would be able to see the reason for it. The papers wont say.

Davies (out of position)
Walker (out of position)
Little (out of position)
Henderson (un fit)
Evans (un fit)

Keith Edwards ................

Scunthorpe are too good for us.

just wait till the suspensions kick in !

Surely Coops a poisonous atmosphere at Lane will force McCabe's hand a bit - and he might walk might with right pay-off?

No chance whatsoever. He's quit once and they didn't get shut. Atmosphere won't get poisonous at the lane, Blades fans far too lethargic for that these days.

I think you are way off the mark Wombwell. We are talking about a lack of unity and spirit now which is far more serious than a bad performance and a few injuries. We have a strong side out today don't we?

Are we? Did we?

Why is there a lack of unity and spirit? I don't know - there may be but I haven't been today and neither have you - but I find it hard to believe that you know for sure that we have problems with the spirit in the camp.

On paper, it was a strong side. Realistically, half of them were not fit. Henderson, Evans and Walker as well as Kilgallon whose head had been turned. Davies playing out of position. No hopers like Quinn playing. I'm sorry but it wasn't a strong side.

A few injuries? A few?

I think you are way off the mark Wombwell. We are talking about a lack of unity and spirit now which is far more serious than a bad performance and a few injuries. We have a strong side out today don't we?
Mic, I'm not convinced we do have a good side out there today, in fact I think we have a squad full of average players most who have been brought in by Blackwell.Buck stops with McCabe though for appointing firstly Robson then his replacement on the cheap.

Thanks for nothing you total and utter joke.

That's a bit harsh. Thanks for turning things around and saving us from disaster in the last third of the season following Robson's departure and well done last season for getting us to the Play Off Final. Seriously thanks and the best of luck Blackie. But I agree it is time to go. I never disliked KB and felt he got a lot of stick that was uncalled for. However, the writing is on the wall. He did his best I have no doubt. But it is time to get someone else in and start afresh. What about Nigel Adkins? He has done a great job with the Iron or O'Driscoll. No point hanging about either and waiting until after Xmas. Sort it out now whilst there is still time to make progress.

It was getting worse before the injurys kicked in.

The injuries came after the derby win over the Fowls. We were in the top four at that point. How do you justify that things were getting worse? Cause we lost to Coventry? Are we so good that we cannot lose to anyone?

The football has been boring most of the season and left me surprised that we were in the top 6 for so long. The injuries just show we havnt got the depth in the team or the spirit.

We are losing to everyone anyway.

I thought we still had abit of quality in the squad obviously not.

As others have said, KB's teams are built around togetherness, discipline and solidity over everything else, once that disappears and the results stop, he has nowhere to go. He'll say we are decimated and we don't know how many today have played with injuries but the signs have been there most of the season.

McCabe won't sack him unless his hand is forced and I don't think KB would walk at this stage again, unless things start to turn nasty. Can't wait for Tuesday :-(

Thing is Wombwell, we've gone to an away game with injuries. What a top team does (and we would have done last season) is grown a pair and stood up to the challenge. Accept your limitations, dig in and battle out for a point, come away wth something and feel good about yourselves.

Today, we'd lost even before we kicked off. Why? Because we've spent so much of the week going public about how many players we are short of. The mentality needed to get something is gone.

The football has been boring most of the season and left me surprised that we were in the top 6 for so long. The injuries just show we havnt got the depth in the team or the spirit.

We are losing to everyone anyway.

I thought we still had abit of quality in the squad obviously not.

Fair enough, you keep making unsubstantiated claims. We are losing to everyone? We've lost to Scunthorpe, Coventry and Swansea. And that is it.

The injuries show we haven't enough depth in the squad? How many players do you want us to have in the squad? Twelve were out/not fit today - by my reckoning, we would need 30 men in our squad to cover that. I'd rather have 20 of higher quality than 30 average Joes. I do find it staggering that not one of our youngsters is capable of making the step up to the bench ...

We have got quality in our squad. No squad in the division could cope with the injuries we have right now. No squad.

That's a bit harsh. Thanks for turning things around and saving us from disaster in the last third of the season following Robson's departure and well done last season for getting us to the Play Off Final. Seriously thanks and the best of luck Blackie. But I agree it is time to go. I never disliked KB and felt he got a lot of stick that was uncalled for. However, the writing is on the wall. He did his best I have no doubt. But it is time to get someone else in and start afresh. What about Nigel Adkins? He has done a great job with the Iron or O'Driscoll. No point hanging about either and waiting until after Xmas. Sort it out now whilst there is still time to make progress.

Camden, I don't know you but you could have kept that squad out of lower reaches of CCC.

Thing is Wombwell, we've gone to an away game with injuries. What a top team does (and we would have done last season) is grown a pair and stood up to the challenge. Accept your limitations, dig in and battle out for a point, come away wth something and feel good about yourselves.

Today, we'd lost even before we kicked off. Why? Because we've spent so much of the week going public about how many players we are short of. The mentality needed to get something is gone.

Spot on there.

Also I think its clear Killa has thrown in the towel.

No new contract and he is biding his time til Jan.

Its not all Blackwell, McCabe is responsible for this current plight just as much as cheggers is.

I do agree with you there Raul in a way. Do you think the players haven't tried to do that today though? I'm sure they went in with the intention of not losing. Yes, Blackwell has made excuses all week about injuries but I doubt that has any effect on players.

Are we? Did we?

Why is there a lack of unity and spirit? I don't know - there may be but I haven't been today and neither have you - but I find it hard to believe that you know for sure that we have problems with the spirit in the camp.

On paper, it was a strong side. Realistically, half of them were not fit. Henderson, Evans and Walker as well as Kilgallon whose head had been turned. Davies playing out of position. No hopers like Quinn playing. I'm sorry but it wasn't a strong side.

A few injuries? A few?

I don't know for sure - this is a forum for opinions. Do you understand that concept?

Spot on there.

Also I think its clear Killa has thrown in the towel.

No new contract and he is biding his time til Jan.

And that is Blackwell's fault in what way? If anything, I'd want Blackwell not to play him and concentrate on sorting our new defence without Killa ... Killa's comments this week mean he is just another player now who has obviously got no connection with the Blades. For me, he can fcuk off right now.

I don't know for sure - this is a forum for opinions. Do you understand that concept?

Don't turn this into insults, mate. I never said your opinion was wrong - I said that I didn't understand how you could make that claim. You haven't seen them today have you?

Fair enough, you keep making unsubstantiated claims. We are losing to everyone? We've lost to Scunthorpe, Coventry and Swansea. And that is it.

The injuries show we haven't enough depth in the squad? How many players do you want us to have in the squad? Twelve were out/not fit today - by my reckoning, we would need 30 men in our squad to cover that. I'd rather have 20 of higher quality than 30 average Joes. I do find it staggering that not one of our youngsters is capable of making the step up to the bench ...

We have got quality in our squad. No squad in the division could cope with the injuries we have right now. No squad.

No we have not got the quality really we just like to think we have. The quality we do have is not ours or wont be ours soon or has already gone.

And that is Blackwell's fault in what way? If anything, I'd want Blackwell not to play him and concentrate on sorting our new defence without Killa ... Killa's comments this week mean he is just another player now who has obviously got no connection with the Blades. For me, he can fcuk off right now.

Kilgallon never really wanted to come here in the first place.

No we have not got the quality really we just like to think we have. The quality we do have is not ours or wont be ours soon or has already gone.

I can't argue with your scond point. But we do have quality of our own: Kilgallon, Morgan, Ward, Cotterill, Evans, Henderson would all walk into other Championship sides.

Exactly would all walk into other championship sides much like the rest of the squad.

Apart from Killa and Walker who would get anywhere near a premiership side?

Thats it Championship may aswell have perminantly glued onto the shirt.

Kilgallon never really wanted to come here in the first place.

Then he should remember that we were the only ones who decided to take a chance on his League 1 ass. Typical whinger who is everything that is wrong with the modern game.

Don't turn this into insults, mate. I never said your opinion was wrong - I said that I didn't understand how you could make that claim. You haven't seen them today have you?

WHy does he need to see them today. They more than likely will be the same side that can't pass shit. The workrate is not the same; the defence is not the same. Without that Blackwell has nothing. He is a horrible little man... can we have our club back please because he is ripping us in 2 from a fan point of view.

We also failed to beat a rock bottom Ipswich team and Donny at home not forgetting we were arguably lucky to beat that lot.

4 wins in 12 all told.

WHy does he need to see them today. They more than likely will be the same side that can't pass shit. The workrate is not the same; the defence is not the same. Without that Blackwell has nothing. He is a horrible little man... can we have our club back please because he is ripping us in 2 from a fan point of view.

He needs to see them to claim they lacked any spirit and unity in defeat at Scunthorpe doesn't he?

Back
Top Bottom