Bye Bye Blackwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The thing is today. We had too many square pegs in round holes. Our main concern at the minute is that the biggest square peg appears to be blackwell.

He needs to see them to claim they lacked any spirit and unity in defeat at Scunthorpe doesn't he?

Why does he? he can go by what people tell him.. He can also go back to games against the pigs, Donny, Ipswich and cov etc; to see the cracks becoming valleys

Don't turn this into insults, mate. I never said your opinion was wrong - I said that I didn't understand how you could make that claim. You haven't seen them today have you?

No insult intended at all. I heard it on the radio - why shouldn't I believe that they were arguing? OK I put my spin on it but that's what this forum is about isn't it?

If you think the spirit is good say so, what I cannot accept is the 'how can you say that' argument. It's a nothing point you are making.

I think spirit is a vital part of football success and it is a perfectly sensible debating point. You aren't debating it, you are questioning whether we should talk about it and attending the game is not a pre-requisite imo.

Of course, if someone at the match said we kept our heads up and kept going then my argument is gone.

We have got Championship quality though so whether they'd get in the Premiership sides is a little irrelevant. We need to get to the Premiership before we think about if we have Premiership quality.

I think Blackwell's tactics do not allow the quality to show - like I said earlier, I don't think he is the man for the job. I wouldn't mind if he was sacked/resigned but I was taking issue with the idea that he should be sacked because of today. I think that would be harsh considering the injuries and his record over the last season and a half.

For me Blackwell showed his true colours after the play off final. Quite clearly wanted to throw the towel in and didn't have the nuts to try and get us back up there. He obviously got talked round but now he's playing on excuses right left and centre. Injuries, Flu etc. We still managed to put 6 subs on the bench today so the so called crisis isn't that bad.

No insult intended at all. I heard it on the radio - why shouldn't I believe that they were arguing? OK I put my spin on it but that's what this forum is about isn't it?

If you think the spirit is good say so, what I cannot accept is the 'how can you say that' argument. It's a nothing point you are making.

I think spirit is a vital part of football success and it is a perfectly sensible debating point. You aren't debating it, you are questioning whether we should talk about it and attending the game is not a pre-requisite imo.

Of course, if someone at the match said we kept our heads up and kept going then my argument is gone.

'Do you understand that concept?' >>>> Belittling my intelligence = insulting. If that wasn't intended, fine, I accept that.

Yes, a forum is about opinions - we obviously differ on a few here - but it has to be grounded in fact. I didn't debate the issue of whether spirit is important, I debated that you can't claim there was no spirit if you weren't there. For what its worth, I wouldn't trust a word that Radio Sheffield and their so-called expert says - its why I don't listen to it. If they were arguing on the pitch - and I haven't heard that one myself but I stand to be corrected - then that is a concern. Spirit is important, I agree completely.

I think spirit is a vital part of football success and it is a perfectly sensible debating point.

KB has made the point a few times this season that we have no play-off hangover due to a lot of new faces. It seems now as though this may be the problem. 11 of the squad today weren't here last season, add to that the problem with Paddy, Killa's situation, the cost cutting, the loan players and it's not difficult to see how we seem to be lacking team spirit and togetherness.

If that what this forum has become I'm out of here!

I heard it on the radio is not what i'd want to comment on.

:(

For me Blackwell showed his true colours after the play off final. Quite clearly wanted to throw the towel in and didn't have the nuts to try and get us back up there. He obviously got talked round but now he's playing on excuses right left and centre. Injuries, Flu etc. We still managed to put 6 subs on the bench today so the so called crisis isn't that bad.

But half of the 17 at Glamford Park weren't fit. So it is an injury crisis. Playing 70% fit players (or whatever they are) in a tight league like ours has a major effect. I also think that some folk are guilty of not giving Scunthorpe enough respect for what a decent side they are. I don't see them going down and they are better than what they are given credit for.

Does anyone have anything i can wear to protect myself from this current shitstorm?

What? ........ Lager is a great idea, let me get ready

:D

But half of the 17 at Glamford Park weren't fit. So it is an injury crisis. Playing 70% fit players (or whatever they are) in a tight league like ours has a major effect. I also think that some folk are guilty of not giving Scunthorpe enough respect for what a decent side they are. I don't see them going down and they are better than what they are given credit for.

Before todays game we had 16 fit.

Enough to work with I think and if we really didnt have enough the game would of been postponed.

So the medium of radio is of no use whatsoever? I want some of my licence fee back.:thumbup:

M sorry bit Scunthorpe don't deserve any respect they were 4th bottom with no money where suppost to be going for promotion but to be honest well be lucky to get top half

No chance whatsoever. He's quit once and they didn't get shut. Atmosphere won't get poisonous at the lane, Blades fans far too lethargic for that these days.

I don't think the underlying mindset of the fans has changed since they ousted Robson. If things carry on as is, the fans WILL oust Blackwell. Lethargy will quickly change to anger and car park protests at BDTBL are as "good" as they come.

I think we should give it until Christmas after-which I hope he'll walk if things continue, if only to give a new manager chance to get started for next season. I'm told that Blackwell will resign at the end of the season if we don't get promoted so his mind is already on that. I'm also told that Bunn's contract states that he must play for us if fit, so things are really looking difficult. I'm also told that Cotts could well be on his way for £1M at Christmas. 3 seperate, but fairly reliable sources.

UTB

but they were obviously fit enough to start or sit on the bench. if we had been down to the bare bones we could have asked for a postponement. but it wasn't as bad as that and blackwell was making sure he got his excuses in early.

our side will still have cost far more than scunny's did today.

So the medium of radio is of no use whatsoever? I want some of my licence fee back.:thumbup:

The only people who say Radio is good for forming an opinion on the game are the people who dont like Radio Sheffield, Paul Walker and Keith Edwards.

Mind you some say even watching the game live on TV is not even good enough to form an opinion.

I'd rather hear from someone who was at the match than discuss what Paul Walker/Keith Edwards has to say.

If this forum becomes a place to discuss matches that no one attends it becomes a joke.

I'd rather hear from someone who was at the match than discuss what Paul Walker/Keith Edwards has to say.

If this forum becomes a place to discuss matches that no one attends it becomes a joke.

Surely the forum is a place where any blade can discuss anything about UTD irregardless as to whether they were at the match or not.

Yeah well fans will discuss the football anyway as unfortunatly only so many can get to away games. So like me they rely on the feedback from the commentators on Rad Shef.

All well and good if you know atleast one or more people that go to every away game but some of us dont.

Mind you some say even watching the game live on TV is not even good enough to form an opinion.

The fooking pitch moves on TV.....never does at a live match.

What about all the runs off the ball pulling people out of postion?

Is that not part of a game of football?

Can you experts come to forum footy and show me how to play then?

You are all welcome to come and show an old man up at your football knowledge!!!

Please come and show me....

I'm waiting....

:)

I don't think the underlying mindset of the fans has changed since they ousted Robson. If things carry on as is, the fans WILL oust Blackwell. Lethargy will quickly change to anger and car park protests at BDTBL are as "good" as they come.

I think the big difference is that under the drunk, we'd failed to win in 11 of 16 home games. It's poor results at home, not away, that have people in the car park

The cam most of the time catches most things even stuff off the ball if its something like a player being punched.

True you cant guage the atmosphere and attendance that well but you can certainly see if your team are playing shite.

I think the big difference is that under the drunk, we'd failed to win in 11 of 16 home games. It's poor results at home, not away, that have people in the car park

that's starting to happen though fella, and the football's going backwards to boot. I'm been a supporter of Blackwell to date, but it's wearing thin. Many more were fed up of him a year ago. A sustained run of poor home form is taking shape right now.... :(

UTB

Donny, Ipswich, Leicester so far have left the lane unbeaten. Hardly a fortress is it?

Back
Top Bottom