Brooksy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He reminds me of young Simon Stainrod when he turns to celebrate before the ball has crossed the line. Now who was that against?

Expensive lesson learned for the lad hopefully, follow the ball in to ensure it crosses the line THEN you can celebrate.

A bit harsh that IMHO. He was at the far post and clipped it at the keeper while moving away. The ball squirmed under the keeper's legs then came off the post. Brooks was in the wrong place and facing the wrong way to follow anything up.

I agree he looks a bit daft sticking his arm in the air to 'celebrate' but we can forgive that, the enthusiasm of youth and all that.

Wilders treating him right imo.

Giving him gradual exposure to first team action and showing that he trusts him in tight games etc. He's a different option to Duffy but also an effective one.

Like watching him play he's exciting and not scared to try things.

Suspect he might start in the cup against Leicester.

"A different option to ? Duffy?" you say? Why Duffy? Why not a different option to some of the other ageing lead-footed strikers we have?

Attacking wise he was excellent, defensively he was awful. Typical young lad performance really. I like him though and he was v unlucky with the shot off the post.

Needs to put more effort into getting back to defend though.
like Keith Edwards did?

Very noticeable that Coutts had a word with him twice, telling him to get us head up and make the final pass tell instead of going it alone. Freeman also showed frustration on the first one.

Not sure personally if they were right or if this is how the flair/individuality gets drummed out of players.

It will be interesting to find out (hopefully)

I didn't see that SB. I hope he listens to that kind of advice and sees it as helpful rather than just criticism.
In my playing days, I've seen where a flair/selfish player can piss people off and they end up living off scraps because they get frozen out by the ones they've pissed off.
I wouldn't think CW's philosophy would take well to seeing someone put themselves above the team effort.
I'm sure he'll develop though. For now, he's still an exciting player to watch with tremendous potential, no doubt about that.

A bit harsh that IMHO. He was at the far post and clipped it at the keeper while moving away. The ball squirmed under the keeper's legs then came off the post. Brooks was in the wrong place and facing the wrong way to follow anything up.

I agree he looks a bit daft sticking his arm in the air to 'celebrate' but we can forgive that, the enthusiasm of youth and all that.

Has it occurred to anyone that he raised him arms in the air because several thousand people on the kop had their arms raised in the air and were cheering a goal? Even I leapt from my seat in the South Stand, dropped my prawn sandwich, dented my thermos flask and stood with arms aloft celebrating. I suppose I was "showboating" too then?:rolleyes:

I agree he looks a bit daft sticking his arm in the air to 'celebrate' but we can forgive that, the enthusiasm of youth and all that.[/QUOTE

First paragraph. Exactamundo!

He reminds me of young Simon Stainrod when he turns to celebrate before the ball has crossed the line. Now who was that against?
Forget who it was against but the ball stuck in the mud and didn't cross the the line.He was a good player that we let go cheaply ,he lacked pace or he would have been England quality.Sadly he ended up at the pigs.
If we had kept Edwards and Stainrod they would have been a great strike force,alas manager at the time Harry Haslam (I think it was ) didn't agree.rest is history.

Has it occurred to anyone that he raised him arms in the air because several thousand people on the kop had their arms raised in the air and were cheering a goal? Even I leapt from my seat in the South Stand, dropped my prawn sandwich, dented my thermos flask and stood with arms aloft celebrating. I suppose I was "showboating" too then?:rolleyes:

Bet tha were getting up for Billys goal yer old goat. :)

"A different option to ? Duffy?" you say? Why Duffy? Why not a different option to some of the other ageing lead-footed strikers we have?

Think wilder likes to play with 2 out and out strikers

Could be an option just behind a single striker I suppose.

Sure I can remember Keith Edwards one on one with keeper, sticking his arm in air and saluting Kop BEFORE going round keeper and slotting in goal. Can't recall opposition that day though.

He'll play for England without a doubt.

Watching him do what he does just makes me realise how much we've lacked genuinely exciting players in recent years.

He gets the ball and goes. Again and again. Straight into full flow, and is as fast with the ball as he is without it.

He's aggressive, tenacious and brave, nothing puts him off his game. He's a very committed attacker.

There's got to be a starting place in the team for him soon, he's easily our biggest threat with the ball and best outlet. As soon as he came on yesterday we looked likely to score every time we attacked. I still think that Brooks and someone else behind one central striker will be the best way for us to set up.

As for any criticisms...... he does have end product, he does have the final pass. He could do with being stronger but is good enough as he is. He is OK defensively - and in any case using the 'defensive side' as a reason not to start him is laughable.

And for the 1000th time, GET HIM ON A LONG TERM CONTRACT.

Or lose out on a fortune.

With your arms aloft did the sleeves on your Barbour Tweed checked shirt slip down revealing your tattoos ?

If so , yes , you were showboating.

The kids different class, and even McCabe, with his pathetic history of transfer dumbness, couldn't fuck this one up, could he?

The kids different class, and even McCabe, with his pathetic history of transfer dumbness, couldn't fuck this one up, could he?

If an offer of 10 million came in for him would you sell ?

If an offer of 10 million came in for him would you sell ?

In today's transfer market? Would I fuck! If Lookman is worth £11m to Everton, Brooks is a minimum £15m up front, an extra £10m after 100 appearances, plus 20%-25% sell on. Our stance on this kid should be fuck off, full stop, unless we get top £. History tells us, that because of the thick fucks in charge of our transfer policy, Walker and maguire, who even stevie wonder and David blunkett knew would be top drawer, we ended up with what? £7m in total for walker, who ended up going for £51m. So we're already £45m out of pocket there? Maguire, £3.5m, so £13.5m out of pocket there? Brilliant.

In today's transfer market? Would I fuck! If Lookman is worth £11m to Everton, Brooks is a minimum £15m up front, an extra £10m after 100 appearances, plus 20%-25% sell on. Our stance on this kid should be fuck off, full stop, unless we get top £. History tells us, that because of the thick fucks in charge of our transfer policy, Walker and maguire, who even stevie wonder and David blunkett knew would be top drawer, we ended up with what? £7m in total for walker, who ended up going for £51m. So we're already £45m out of pocket there? Maguire, £3.5m, so £13.5m out of pocket there? Brilliant.

So basically EVERYONE has a price .

That's good to know . I'm sure KM will be relieved to know that he's not a full weight total cunt . Just a little bit of a stupid cunt .

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Rubbish. Does Messi also need more meat on his bones? Not comparing the two, but not all footballers need to be over 6 foot & beefy.
Messi's got a fair bit of meat on his bones in fairness

If he fulfills his potential it won't be with us unfortunately because he looks like he could end up at the highest level. And I've never predicted that for any of our players before.

He reminds me most of Michael Laudrup in the way he "glides" past players with a directness without been a speed merchant, and the quick short passes he makes.
Looked quick enough to me

Cool hand Luke: No problem. My pleasure. You might be ok with our club being £50m million out of pocket, because we don't have anyone with a football brain and foresight? Me, not so. Thank fuck we didn't have Bale, Walcott, Oxlaide Chamberlain, etc, hey? Cos then we could have had an extra £2/3m from sales for that lot as well? Whoopi Dooooo.

Forget who it was against but the ball stuck in the mud and didn't cross the the line.He was a good player that we let go cheaply ,he lacked pace or he would have been England quality.Sadly he ended up at the pigs.
If we had kept Edwards and Stainrod they would have been a great strike force,alas manager at the time Harry Haslam (I think it was ) didn't agree.rest is history.
Luton wasn't it

United would never have got £51m for Walker or £18m for Maguire. Needed to be proven at PL level before those fees came about

To flip the situation.

Would a squad win the likes of jagielka, Maguire, walker, naughton, lowton etc have been in the championship?

I know we have to sell players and there a pecking order but had we kept hold of players and not sold at key moments in convinced we'd have been playing top level football

To flip the situation.

Would a squad win the likes of jagielka, Maguire, walker, naughton, lowton etc have been in the championship?

I know we have to sell players and there a pecking order but had we kept hold of players and not sold at key moments in convinced we'd have been playing top level football

Probably would have been a great team, but with people behind the scenes being laid off left, right and centre.

Back
Top Bottom