Brooksy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brooksy has a sort of "gliding" quality.

It's not so called raw pace, (think ndlovu or JCR) but some how slippery, and able to cover the ground quickly, with intelligence.

As you say, first look at him in the flesh, but looks like a prospect.

Lets hope he's here in Sept.

He has bags of talent but he struggles to hold other players off .

Disagree entirely. When he's got the ball and is challenged he leans on the defender, holds them off and still manages to keep running. Superb balance, the last player who could do that at the Lane was Currie himself and I bet he had a grin on his face if he was watching.

Reminds me of Scougall but with actual football ability, really exciting player, hope and pray we get to see him for at least a couple of years!

There was a Newcastle scout watching him today

Are we going to have a list of the scouts watching him every time he plays? It's a bit tedious, rather like those hilarious fans of ours who can't enjoy watching him play without the "sell him cheap" gags.

Scouts will watch him every time he plays. He's a good player. Scouts and coaches, including our own, watch good players at every game; every week. Earth-shattering stuff, it ain't.

Brooksy has a sort of "gliding" quality.

It's not so called raw pace, (think ndlovu or JCR) but some how slippery, and able to cover the ground quickly, with intelligence.

As you say, first look at him in the flesh, but looks like a prospect.

Lets hope he's here in Sept.

Like the "gilding quality" discription.

Agree he doesn't seem particular quick but always looks dangerous and able to dribble past a defender.

Are we going to have a list of the scouts watching him every time he plays? It's a bit tedious, rather like those hilarious fans of ours who can't enjoy watching him play without the "sell him cheap" gags.

Scouts will watch him every time he plays. He's a good player. Scouts and coaches, including our own, watch good players at every game; every week. Earth-shattering stuff, it ain't.

So you do or don't ?...

when hes in full flight , he reminds me of a young Gareth Bale. Hope he becomes just like him!

It is great you are all seeing what us u23s followers witnessed last season.

He floats over the ground, has great control of the ball when running at pace and never ever shirks a tackle. Looks about 12 years old but is stronger than he looks.
I admit to thinking he would need 6 months on loan but happy to be wrong.

He is very similar to Chris Waddle but quicker.

He will only get better and better.

Attacking wise he was excellent, defensively he was awful. Typical young lad performance really. I like him though and he was v unlucky with the shot off the post.

Needs to put more effort into getting back to defend though.

It's great to watch him play, last year with 23's he was outstanding always willing to try something and has great vision, he reminds me of Waddle in how he seems to glide past people with ease almost as if they aren't there, he sees a pass that others don't, I think Wilders decision not to let him go Chesterfield will be the best one he makes all season

I had a few responses of disbelief when I mentioned, a good while ago, that I hadn't seen any of our teenagers have similar qualities and potential as I saw in a young Tony Currie. It seems that since a few more have seen him play, there are more supporters that see his potential too. He has the skills, confidence and arrogance that I saw in TC.
Let's nurture his special talents and enjoy his performances while we can.

It is great you are all seeing what us u23s followers witnessed last season.

He floats over the ground, has great control of the ball when running at pace and never ever shirks a tackle. Looks about 12 years old but is stronger than he looks.
I admit to thinking he would need 6 months on loan but happy to be wrong.

He is very similar to Chris Waddle but quicker.

He will only get better and better.

Fantastic analogy - agree 100% But does this mean we sell him? He is the most exciting player since Sabella.

I fear many are already aware of his talent. I was at Cardiff midweek and he looked a genuine threat when he came on (against a very good team).

I will be surprised if he's still with us in May and Wilder not playing him too much at the moment is probably a blessing in disguise. It may help us to keep him longer!

We need to get him on a new 3/4 year contract , if he scores 10/15 this season a young English player like him would be worth 15/20 mill

Brilliant player. The only thing missing is that final pass, but that will come with time. He had a few runs and had he passed we would have been 2/3-0.

His first thought is to move forwards, without being overly critical we don't have another midfielder like that. Showed intelligence towards the end today protecting the ball and going to the corner. Echo most comments and don't think he'll be here come May.

Could do with being a little less selfish. Twice (although second time was more difficult) he had someone to cross to for a tap in.
Having said that.....what a player he could be!!

Very noticeable that Coutts had a word with him twice, telling him to get us head up and make the final pass tell instead of going it alone. Freeman also showed frustration on the first one.

Not sure personally if they were right or if this is how the flair/individuality gets drummed out of players.

It will be interesting to find out (hopefully)

He reminds me most of Michael Laudrup in the way he "glides" past players with a directness without been a speed merchant, and the quick short passes he makes.

I had a few responses of disbelief when I mentioned, a good while ago, that I hadn't seen any of our teenagers have similar qualities and potential as I saw in a young Tony Currie. It seems that since a few more have seen him play, there are more supporters that see his potential too. He has the skills, confidence and arrogance that I saw in TC.
He's gonna have to grow his hair

Very noticeable that Coutts had a word with him twice, telling him to get us head up and make the final pass tell instead of going it alone. Freeman also showed frustration on the first one.

Not sure personally if they were right or if this is how the flair/individuality gets drummed out of players.

It will be interesting to find out (hopefully)

Freeman certainly was right and Brooks should've squared it to him.

So unlucky not to get the goal, but I hope Wilder has a word after he ran off celebrating before it went in

Having been at the game and seen the incident several times on vid., I think his run to contact the ball and ride the challenge saw him 'wheel away' from the goal with natural momentum. By the time the ball finally hit the post, he was a good 20 yards away. Not 'showboating' in my view. At around 1:47

Vid

Rubbish. Does Messi also need more meat on his bones? Not comparing the two, but not all footballers need to be over 6 foot & beefy.
No because messi has filled out since his teenage years. Brooks is currently too lightweight but a bit more strength and he'll be a hell of a player

Having been at the game and seen the incident several times on vid., I think his run to contact the ball and ride the challenge saw him 'wheel away' from the goal with natural momentum. By the time the ball finally hit the post, he was a good 20 yards away. Not 'showboating' in my view. At around 1:47

Vid

Expensive lesson learned for the lad hopefully, follow the ball in to ensure it crosses the line THEN you can celebrate.

Back
Top Bottom