Brooksy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What many fans don't understand is that Brooks will be playing in the premiership next season. So this leave United with one option only if we want to hang on to him and that is to get in the premiership themselves.

Personally I think we have 60-70% of the team already. I'm also of the opinion that we have options in the ranks who can break through this year. In addition to Brooks I would introduce Graham into the squad to learn his trade alongside the present back three. The pivot for the team would be Coady and I don't think we would have to break the bank to get him given where he is with his current contract and salary. Stop fucking about and get Brayford in the team at RWB/FB instead of Freeman. At this level he's not good enough. This only leaves us looking for a striker.

I'm not trying to go all pie-in-the-sky, the point is if we don't go up Brooks will be gone, along with any other academy player who breaks through in the future. Replacing them with L1/2 journeymen as we have done in the past will only result in one thing - another spell watching L1 football. We've got everything in place now with the manager, fans and presumably (limited) funds. A bit of astute planning along the lines mentioned above means we wouldn't be going for shit or bust either.

It's not just the board that has to change it's mindset, it's the fans too who've got to stop going wobbly at the thought of paying someone in excess of £10k pw.

I'd just ban people on here who originate from hackenthorpe

There can't be any of them on here , can there ?

Complete and utter cunts the lot of them :rolleyes:

Next you'll be telling me there's the lunatics from Hackenthorpes dirty neighbour, Beighton posting on here . Don't even get me started on that lot :eek::eek:

Interesting. Are any other professions not welcome to use the forum, Foxy and Linz?

Anybody with an accounting or other financial qualification who thinks that player's wages should be included in outgoings.
Obviously these are paid for by Moneytree Inc, so only transfer fees paid out count as 'real spending'.

Can't believe the pelters Freeman is getting.

Yes he was pretty poor against Cardiff, but then again so were most of our defenders. I thought he was decent v Barnsley.

Can we please end the Brayford love-in, he was decent for six months...that was 3 years ago!

Yes he was pretty poor against Cardiff, but then again so were most of our defenders. I thought he was decent v Barnsley.

Can we please end the Brayford love-in, he was decent for six months...that was 3 years ago!

He was also decent for 6 months...less than one year ago. In the Championship.

Does it have to be an either/or?

I happen to think that Freeman can perform in this league and he was excellent against Barnsley.

Likewise, I also think that IF he does go and Brayford stays, then the latter along with Baldock will be more than ample for this division, and potentially even better than what we have right now.

This is getting weird - Sid James arguing with himself. I fear Trump has registered on the Forum.

I saw him play RB a few times for us after his injury. Seemed at the time that all the opposition chances came from his wing.

Might be because he was not fully fit and the rest of the team was shit at the time. If you want to blame it all on Brayford, fine, but remember he was loaned out to free up the wage bill, no other reason. How many times does this have to be reiterated before it sinks in?

Might be because he was not fully fit and the rest of the team was shit at the time. If you want to blame it all on Brayford, fine, but remember he was loaned out to free up the wage bill, no other reason. How many times does this have to be reiterated before it sinks in?

What's him being loaned out got to do with anything.

I take it that Wilder has said he isn't in his plans just to get him off the wage bill too? Or maybe, just maybe, Wilder just doesn't fancy him.

If Brayford's still as good as the fantasists think he is then I suppose he'll be going somewhere better than Burton won't he.....

If Brayford's still as good as the fantasists think he is then I suppose he'll be going somewhere better than Burton won't he.....

Besides, Freeman's beard is styled much better.

The new Beard.

What do people think to him playing with Sharp now Clarke's out? Personally don't think Ched is fit enough to be starting a league game yet, Brooks could create loads for Sharp but has to stop being selfish

Had this same thought at the weekend mate. Only thing we would lose is the power of the impact sub.

Burton were better than us last season. Not so good this season minus Brayford. Hmm.

5) What on earth is a 'busy bastard' and how does one act like one? I'm genuinely intrigued. I have a few more questions but that'll do for now :)
One would suggest that if someone's not a "busy bastard" then perhaps they may instead fall into the category of "idle twat" or even, heaven forbid, "lazy fucker".

I'm not sure how this works, to be honest. :D

This is not North Korea, so no one should be banned depending on their job.The point here that everyone seems to be missing, is, surely there's a conflict of interest for a Sheffield Star journalist when posting on here's because he's not free to post what he really wants if he wants to keep his job? He'd surely have been better just registering as a proper fan instead being a busy bastard by letting us all know he works for the Sheffield Star as a Blades correspondence? At least by registering as a normal he'd have been able to post his true feelings, good or bad, without the conflict of interest for his employers or the club?
Except if you're a traffic warden. They should just be banned full stop.

That will all be resolved when they re-sign him.

Watch them shoot up the league.

Look, I've been waiting patiently for you and your mate Ricky to start with the "only plays for daddy Nigel" jibes so that we can take this discussion to a whole new level of intellect.

What do people think to him playing with Sharp now Clarke's out? Personally don't think Ched is fit enough to be starting a league game yet, Brooks could create loads for Sharp but has to stop being selfish

I don't think we should be trying to force him to stop being selfish. That fearless arrogance he plays with is what makes him so good. In time, with more experience, he'll learn when to square it but for me, just keep encouraging him to do what he does and he'll just get more and more confident making him more dangerous.

I think tomorrow night we might see something like:-

------------Blackman
-----Bash--Wright---JOC
Baldock--------------------Lafferty
----------Coutts--Lundstram
------------Carruthers
---------Brooks-------Evans

I think tomorrow night we might see something like:-

------------Blackman
-----Bash--Wright---JOC
Baldock--------------------Lafferty
----------Coutts--Lundstram
------------Carruthers
---------Brooks-------Evans

Just seen the tweet saying Lavery will play. Maybe

----------------------Blackman
-----------Bash--------Wright-----JOC
Baldock---------------------------------Lafferty
--------------Carruthers---Lundstram
------------------------Brooks
----------------Lavery-------Evans

Gives Freeman, Coutts, Fleck, Stevens and Billy a rest ahead of Derby. Brooks, Evans and Lavery all compete for the spot alongside Billy on Saturday.

We should keep Brayford for one reason and one reason only.

His cars.

You tell me another pro earning circa 10k a week who would drive around in an old Polo, old Land Rover, or poxy kit car?

No leasing extorniate prestige poser pick up motors. Refreshing. Every club needs a player like this.

We should keep Brayford for one reason and one reason only.

His cars.

You tell me another pro earning circa 10k a week who would drive around in an old Polo, old Land Rover, or poxy kit car?

No leasing extorniate prestige poser pick up motors. Refreshing. Every club needs a player like this.

Funny you mention this.

I saw the old 'Steven Fletcher' picture doing the rounds again on Facebook.

You know the one, stood outside his large family house alongside his 'spec'd' up Bentley and Lambhorgini Murcielago.

One would suggest that if someone's not a "busy bastard" then perhaps they may instead fall into the category of "idle twat" or even, heaven forbid, "lazy fucker".

I'm not sure how this works, to be honest. :D

Another fair point. It wasn't the busy bit I was wondering about ;)

Back
Top Bottom