Match Thread Bristol Rovers v. Sheffield United - 9th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRRV
BRRV
BRRV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609969607318.png v. 1609969627159.png
FA Cup Round 3 - Saturday 9th January 2021 - Memorial Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bristol-rovers-vs-sheffield-united.548/

Officials:

Referee:
Keith Stroud
Assistant Referees: Sam Lewis & Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Sam Allison

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 14.52.42.png

Last edited:

52/48 isnt close to 50/50? My lord, I'm done with you.
You said 50/50. You was wrong.

also there’s more to a game than possession. Corners, shots, shots on target and most importantly goals. We was miles ahead in all these.

So still 50/50? Yes or no.

Simple answer

Bogle goal

Your comment reminds me of the comments made by the fans of 'bigger' clubs when we went on the cup run with clough.

Let's just be happy we finally won a fuckin game, yeah?
Bristol rovers played some nice football today around the edge of the box passed the ball well. Yeah they dropped off late going long chasing the game but I was impressed with some of them.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Just remember we beat Bristol Rovers. Getting excited over this is like getting over excited for beating up the school midget.

we won. I haven’t seen us win since July. We also deserved to win. I like the FF Cup too.

I am not going to apologise for being excited by Cup progress. We won and we needed that so badly.

Unfortunately, when you win, you go through to the next round and have to play better teams

So be unhappy. Your choice.
I just found it disappointing if being honest, a chance to really go for it and put all our seasons mistakes to one side. To build confidence in front of goal and in defence and make some progress. Our first win in 6 months and to be honest it didnt fill me with much hope. I know we can do better.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Don't get me wrong I'm pleased ... and surprised that we've won. And pleased and surprised that we scored free. And pleased and surprised that Burke scored. Just, it was a war against Bristol. But, hey, hope it kicks the team into gear.

It's a relief to put the mental bogeyman to bed. A Win is a win. I felt a bit nervy, as the team probably did because of our recent form and history.
Burke got a goal, and Bogle made a good impression again.
Let's take the bits of joy that we can.
Well done lads, here's to playing with some of the old confidence on Tuesday.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Just remember we beat Bristol Rovers. Getting excited over this is like getting over excited for beating up the school midget.

At the same time, there is nothing wrong with being pleased to win. When you haven't won all season, beggars can't be choosers. FA Cup games at this stage of the competition are notorious for throwing up odd results, any one trying to take any real meaning from that game need to have a word with themselves.

I'd rather enjoy it for what it was; an entertaining game in which we scored 3 goals and won. I'm not going to get all indignant with other Blades for daring to enjoy the game/result.

All you knockers ... Burnley and wba still playing to beat league one teams !

I posted proof and you ignored it, so here it is again you dork. 52/48 against a lge 1 side.
These stats clearly don't back up it being a 50/50 game.

Watching it didn't back up it being a 50/50 game.

Possession is no measure of who was the better side anyway (see most of our wins last season).

You're either arguing for the sake of it, drunk, or both.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Nonsense...we should celebrate like we’ve won the bloody cup...we’re not stupid we all know with Norwood/Flecks inability to control a L1 midfield there aren’t going to be too many highs this season so Let’s enjoy this one

These stats clearly don't back up it being a 50/50 game.

Watching it didn't back up it being a 50/50 game.

Possession is no measure of who was the better side anyway (see most of our wins last season).

You're either arguing for the sake of it, drunk, or both.
On the contrary I would suggest you and your mates are arguing for the sake of it. We did not dominate that game in any way shape or form but, like the boris and trump cultists, you clappers wont be told otherwise. Again, remember we were the prem lge team and they were lge 1. I expect much better from us in temrs of quality, both possession wise and chances taken. Oh I give up, its pointless...have a great evening all, im off.

We’ve bloody won a game....🙌🍾

This seasons been like your first proper girlfriend ...every night you think this is the night only to plod home disappointed and then when she finally opens Pandora’s box you don’t quite make it and end up cummin all over her tits...happy but still feel something is missing!

Funnily enough that's precisely the metaphor, using the same vocabulary, that the Guardian's match report used.

On the contrary I would suggest you and your mates are arguing for the sake of it. We did not dominate that game in any way shape or form but, like the boris and trump cultists, you clappers wont be told otherwise. Again, remember we were the prem lge team and they were lge 1. I expect much better from us in temrs of quality, both possession wise and chances taken. Oh I give up, its pointless...have a great evening all, im off.
I expect better as well. Doesn't change the fact that game was not 50/50.

Like the Trump cultists, you're letting your agenda cloud your judgement despite you being obviously wrong.

Back
Top Bottom