Match Thread Bristol Rovers v. Sheffield United - 9th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BRRV
BRRV
BRRV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609969607318.png v. 1609969627159.png
FA Cup Round 3 - Saturday 9th January 2021 - Memorial Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bristol-rovers-vs-sheffield-united.548/

Officials:

Referee:
Keith Stroud
Assistant Referees: Sam Lewis & Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official: Sam Allison

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 14.52.42.png

Last edited:

We’ve bloody won a game....🙌🍾

This seasons been like your first proper girlfriend ...every night you think this is the night only to plod home disappointed and then when she finally opens Pandora’s box you don’t quite make it and end up cummin all over her tits...happy but still feel something is missing!

Only positive was the result, oh and maybe burke scoring will start him off in the prem. Apart from that it was a display that lacked the fluidity and class we showed when going up the leagues...and we looked shoddy at the back.

Baffling that you expected a team utterly bereft of confidence to go out and dominate.

We played a lot more fluidly that i expected under the conditions tbh. And the win will do them the world of good.

We’ve bloody won a game....🙌🍾

This seasons been like your first proper girlfriend ...every night you think this is the night only to plod home disappointed and then when she finally opens Pandora’s box you don’t quite make it and end up cummin all over her tits...happy but still feel something is missing!
View attachment MeDying5.mp4

View attachment 102587
Are you a little insane? You said it was 50/50. I said it wasn’t but you’re still saying you’re correct?

have a good look at the stats above. Are you still saying it was 50/50?
I posted proof and you ignored it, so here it is again you dork. 52/48 against a lge 1 side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210109-170527_FlashScore.jpg
    Screenshot_20210109-170527_FlashScore.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 15
Right. You’re making a different point now.
Not at all, i think we did OK but we should be doing so much better against a league 1 team! From a neutrals POV it was entertaining but we certainly didnt dominate. BR a team not far feom relegation in league 1 competed well.

i would be happy with that performance against a prem team - but it wasnt.

If a PL team had 13 more shots than us, 99% of people would say that we got hammered.

The stat for me is possession, we should be able to go to Bristol Rovers and have far more that 51% of the ball.

Yes, we did a lot more with the ball when we had it, but we didn’t control the game, which you would expect given the supposed gap in quality.

Enjoyable game and we played better, but if you squinted they could plausibly be two teams at opposite ends of the same division.
I suppose that is what the FA cup is all about isn't it, the last four seasons of success in the league under wilder has resulted in some poor cup games when we thought we would play the opposition off the park, I cannot remember who they all were but as I say it's partly what the excitement of the cup is about, at the moment it's the best we have all felt for sometime, mid table and a semi final place now we have our first win 😉

I posted proof and you ignored it, so here it is again you dork. 52/48 against a lge 1 side.
Are you mental? How is that even remotely close to being 50/50?

have you looked at the shots etc? No, you look at possession cos it’s suits.

idiot

The stat for me is possession, we should be able to go to Bristol Rovers and have far more that 51% of the ball.

Yes, we did a lot more with the ball when we had it, but we didn’t control the game, which you would expect given the supposed gap in quality.
You cant educate some on here. I agree with your summary but apparently we hammered them!

Can we play in the cup every week?
Unfortunately, when you win, you go through to the next round and have to play better teams
Not at all, i think we did OK but we should be doing so much better against a league 1 team! From a neutrals POV it was entertaining but we certainly didnt dominate. BR a team not far feom relegation in league 1 competed well.

i would be happy with that performance against a prem team - but it wasnt.
So be unhappy. Your choice.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Just remember we beat Bristol Rovers. Getting excited over this is like getting over excited for beating up the school midget.
Your comment reminds me of the comments made by the fans of 'bigger' clubs when we went on the cup run with clough.

Let's just be happy we finally won a fuckin game, yeah?

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Just remember we beat Bristol Rovers. Getting excited over this is like getting over excited for beating up the school midget.
Yeah but after you’ve got a pasting off everyone else you’ve gotta start somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom