Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If there are any takers, he needs a loan move for his confidence (abroad). He's simply not going to do it at the Lane I fear. Then least if he bags some goals on loan his value will rise again and we can recoup a bit of the fee. On the other hand, we shouldn't be loaning out Jebbison, rather we should be playing him.

He is fucking hopeless, weak makes the run into the wrong areas all the time Jebbison looks a far better prospect. Wilder must have been pissed to pay over £20m for this waste of space. Old Klippety Klopp must still be pissing himself laughing

None of the strikers came out the game with much credit. They were poor, but equally, the rest of the team did very little to help: strikers can't score unless they're given chances.

Seems Rhian Brewster has a song after doing absolutely nothing in just short of a year at the lane (a shocker of a song too, embarrassing), I'm sure a few years ago players had to earn having a song not just run around half heartedly few a few mins every week. Hope he starts doing something to justify his shit song but I don't think he's got it in him.

I just don’t know where a goal comes from for him. He’s never in the right position, I almost feel like Sharp needs to tie himself to Brewster during training and show him where you need to be for goals.
I think his positioning does need work but his role last night definitely wasn’t to be in the box when he came on he went into the role didzy had been playing on the left wing and didzy got pushed further forward and more central. On last nights showing we need a player who is a natural in that spot and not a central player doing a makeshift job there as it’s the first time I’ve seen didzy look lost on a football pitch.

It would help if the lad got a run in the team
Brewster & Mcburnie should be our first names on the team sheet up front

Why on earth Burke and even mousett started yesterday is mental

Mcburnie showed he’s our best striker yesterday when he gets the ball to feet so is Brewster you just need to get him on the ball

You can’t just any striker on last season as they got about 2 touches per game and spent 90% of the game chasing after lumps forward

Last edited:
Wonder how Brewster will celebrate his first goal in the red and white stripes ?
Never mind Brewster,the more I think about this,the more surreal and incredible it seems,a forward cannot score a goal,or even look like scoring a goal,a 20 million pound player,it's a case of How the whole world will react when/if he finally scores a goal.

Watched Brewster a few times when he was on loan at Swansea. Played down the middle, didn't do much but scored a few when given the chance. Sid okay for a young lad. Eleven goals in twenty one starts. Why doesn't he (or anyone) score for us?

A. We don't create chances for our strikers
B. We play him out of position
C. He has been struggling with fitness
D. His confidence is shot
E. He has a poor attitude
F. He is crap and we have been shafted
G. A combination of some of the above
H. All of the above

has to start against carlisle might just be the game to get him going if he doesnt just dont see any future for him at the lane

He has to have a future here or we're boned.

Right now he's worthless basically, we'd never sell him because we'd be lucky to get half our money back, so he's staying and will probably get a new contract even if he doesn't kick on, because we'll be praying that he'll get to a point where he's worth what we paid again.

What he needs is to play with some decent pros, Billy, McGoldrick, actual minutes on the pitch. It'd be good to have someone in midfield to form a relationship with, so he can count on a bit of service.

Watched Brewster a few times when he was on loan at Swansea. Played down the middle, didn't do much but scored a few when given the chance. Sid okay for a young lad. Eleven goals in twenty one starts. Why doesn't he (or anyone) score for us?

H. All of the above
A. The midfield has been awful for too long now. There is no creativity. It takes an age for us to put a ball into the box. Last season we had a misfiring Fleck, Norwood and Lundstram. Berge was largely absent. I think with a better midfield we'll start to see the strikers scoring.

Seems Rhian Brewster has a song after doing absolutely nothing in just short of a year at the lane (a shocker of a song too, embarrassing), I'm sure a few years ago players had to earn having a song not just run around half heartedly few a few mins every week. Hope he starts doing something to justify his shit song but I don't think he's got it in him.

I've got this covered, my magnificent octopus as baldrick would say. Been sat on this for over a year now waiting for the bugger to score.

Never mind Brewster,the more I think about this,the more surreal and incredible it seems,a forward cannot score a goal,or even look like scoring a goal,a 20 million pound player,it's a case of How the whole world will react when/if he finally scores a goal.

He might be worth £20 mill but no striker in the history of football has scored whilst sat on the bench

H. All of the above
With his age and price tag, coupled with how poor we were last season it HAS TO be a confidence thing.

We should loan out the 21 year old we signed for circa £20m, with a record at this level which equates to 1 in 2... after 1 game. And a season playing in the worst attacking team of all time at PL level.

Jesus wept.

Think I'd rather give him a chance.

Brewster did pretty well and most importantly looked confident. Some insane opinions here.
As just said in another thread, the kid looked really happy on Saturday, more comfortable in front of fans and will play to the crowd when he gets going. Heading in the right direction but the sense of urgency for him to get that goal is near unbearable now.

Maybe just supporters trying to boost him up and help his confidence - just a thought

After being incarcerated on and off for 17 months, and finally being allowed into a football stadium after all that time, after watching in shit empty grounds from my sofa, I'd happilly invent songs for everyone right down to the cleaners.

And the song we've created for our future regular goal scoring legend is fucking class. A classic in its pure simplicity and ability to stick in ones head for days on end!

When that boy scores a goal it's going to be like watching a fucking damn burst afterwards. You watch........

He won't succeed here because of our aversion, in fact point blank refusal to buy any creativity

The only way the team used to score goals was from crosses into the box, but these players are so uncreative they can't get into a position to put a cross in.

And even when they're given a free go at it they can't manage to beat the first man, in spite of being given at least 10 yards of free space and two minutes thinking time.

It truly is pathetic

I would give him & Jebbo a game tonight, with BS & DM to go on after 70 mins.

Back
Top Bottom