Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After being incarcerated on and off for 17 months, and finally being allowed into a football stadium after all that time, after watching in shit empty grounds from my sofa, I'd happilly invent songs for everyone right down to the cleaners.

And the song we've created for our future regular goal scoring legend is fucking class. A classic in its pure simplicity and ability to stick in ones head for days on end!

When that boy scores a goal it's going to be like watching a fucking damn burst afterwards. You watch........
Cant wait for the damn bursting and floods of his goals, sounds like its going to be amazing. Any idea when this might happen? will he have to apply himself first and do crazy stuff like make runs, get his body in the box, develop a first touch enabling him to hold the ball up? or will it just happen as hes worth 20 odd mill and came from Liverpool and scored a few for Swansea once. As for the song it reminds me of that other classic ....jose baxter baby ...jose baxter ooooooohh oooh oh. I really hope Brewster turns out better than Jose. Apologies for the negativity I just don't rate Brewster or the song.

Cant wait for the damn bursting and floods of his goals, sounds like its going to be amazing. Any idea when this might happen? will he have to apply himself first and do crazy stuff like make runs, get his body in the box, develop a first touch enabling him to hold the ball up? or will it just happen as hes worth 20 odd mill and came from Liverpool and scored a few for Swansea once. As for the song it reminds me of that other classic ....jose baxter baby ...jose baxter ooooooohh oooh oh. I really hope Brewster turns out better than Jose. Apologies for the negativity I just don't rate Brewster or the song.
Ha, his first touch is one of the best out there.
Given his confidence must be on the floor it shows how good his technique is.
Where he plays on the pitch is down to the management not him, he can’t really refuse to go left wing when asked.
He shows for plenty of runs and doesn’t get the ball as we go wide or back, I’m not surprised if he did stopped making them, yet he hasn’t.

Last edited:
moussets injury might just have given brewster the opportunity for a run in the team as the striker up top if we continue with 433 but we really do need midfielders and wide players who can carry the ball beat a man and create something for our strikers norwood fleck and burke cant do that and thats why the only chances our strikers are getting are half chances as well as needing a couple of creative midfielders i do think its time to bring a winger in to provide some service for our front men our full backs cant do that

I really hate to say this and I have tried to be patient with him and was desperate for it to work out.But it’s time to admit,I just think he’s poor.

It’s not just his non goal scoring.I don’t see anything in his game at all that looks good.Really hoping this post back fires and he makes me sound stupid.

Must say, I wasn't surprised at all to see Rhian out of the squad today. We've seen in recent weeks, when chasing a goal SJ doesn't put him on.

I've posed this question a few times in Shoutbox, but what problem on the pitch does Brewster solve? I can find a reason for bringing on McBurnie, Mousset, McGoldrick and even Burke in certain situations... but Brewster? I can't think of a scenario anymore where I think he might be of use.

We may genuinely be better off loaning him out for the rest of the season in January and seeing how he does elsewhere. Maybe it brings a sale, maybe he gains some confidence and comes back better. I just don't see the point in retaining him around the place at the moment.

Unless we have 2/3 injuries he's not going to get much game time. I can't see him making the bench often.

Shame you can't do short term loans as the club might not want to risk leaving us short but really he needs to get away and play

Rumours after the game he threw a hissy fit when told he wasn't in the squad and stormed off.

I hope we're looking for a foreign loan for him assuming he doesn't wake up between now and the JTW.

Less embarrassing than a domestic loan to League One and it gets him out of the spotlight.

We should try and get him to Germany I reckon, in the Bundesliga pretty much every team plays attacking football (usually at the expense of defending), so he'd get some chances.

Don't ask for a huge loan fee, just get him out and scoring, get Jebbison back if Slav thinks we need another striker.

I really want Brewster to succeed but I just can’t see it. What does niggle me is when I see him on YouTube, when he’s supposed to be training, giggling and fooling around.

The behind the scenes photo shoot the other day a perfect example. If that were me you’d have to pick me up of the floor, he doesn’t look like he has a care in the world.

I really want Brewster to succeed but I just can’t see it. What does niggle me is when I see him on YouTube, when he’s supposed to be training, giggling and fooling around.

The behind the scenes photo shoot the other day a perfect example. If that were me you’d have to pick me up of the floor, he doesn’t look like he has a care in the world.

We probably are telling him not to worry, as long as he tries it'll come etc. I'm sure we've assessed his character and decided all we can do is be relentlessly positive with him, because he's not scoring, and telling him it's not good enough and he needs to get his shit together is less likely to improve the situation.

They probably coach that way too from a young age now we're much better with our awareness of mental health issues, that you'll have bad patches of form but it's important not to beat yourself up.

I hope we're looking for a foreign loan for him assuming he doesn't wake up between now and the JTW.

Less embarrassing than a domestic loan to League One and it gets him out of the spotlight.

We should try and get him to Germany I reckon, in the Bundesliga pretty much every team plays attacking football (usually at the expense of defending), so he'd get some chances.

Don't ask for a huge loan fee, just get him out and scoring, get Jebbison back if Slav thinks we need another striker.
At present he wouldn't get in the kazakhstan equivalent of the unibomd premier league

Didn't make the squad again. Has Slav given up on him same as he seems to have given up on Burke? We brought on three strikers against Blackpool Sharpe and McGoldrick were shit and McBurnie didn't even break sweat he run like a 70yr old for 10 mins. Something wrong if this shower are keeping our record signing out.

Didn't make the squad again. Has Slav given up on him same as he seems to have given up on Burke? We brought on three strikers against Blackpool Sharpe and McGoldrick were shit and McBurnie didn't even break sweat he run like a 70yr old for 10 mins. Something wrong if this shower are keeping our record signing out.

Brewster, Burke and McBurnie have to leave in January, take the loss on fees on the chin. The wages saved can pay for loans.

Slav needs 2 more windows before we can move forward.

Getting two million from some club in Tajikistan is better than having him floating around getting zero minutes of football. Gold plated albatross. Get rid.

I get the feeling based on Slavs comments about Brewster regarding maturity and learning to adapt that he is out of the match day squad until the coaches have drilled into him what they are expecting from him.

I would think being out of the limelight would give him a chance to get his confidence back.
If and when he returns I hope there is an improvement otherwise we have to cut out losses and get rid.

Would be interested to know what wilders true thoughts on brewster were, I think he discovered very soon after signing him, perhaps even after a few training sessions, that he was a dud.

The narrative seemed to quickly change to 'he's one for the future' having previously been the man we had to get to score the goals to keep us in the premier league and as the Prince says our only striking target

Just our luck that he’s injured again, hopefully nothing serious

thought they said on Sky there was an update from McCall that he might be out for a while with the hamstring again. Bit of a bastard that, for him and for us.

You couldn't make this shit up. Finally starts to look like a £20m+ striker (OK, I know, stick with me) and then has a horrendous recurring injury, 1 week on, 3 weeks off. Recurring. !

Back
Top Bottom