Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hes going to pop his little cherry tonight - will be a screamer for the 3 points i can sense it in my conkers!

UTB

Last edited:

I’m really sorry to say this.....but come on....can anybody show me any evidence that there is a useful player there?!.....I so want him to do well but by god my eyes don’t lie to me...😔

He does get space in the box, no fucker sees him though?

SO who said his lack of goals are due to no service in the box ? ;)

Where do we see him in the pecking order for first game against Brum? Don't think make starting 11 sadly.

He was good tonight despite the missed chance. Bit of an overreaction
Probably. However he's not scored a single goal last season, and against (no offence intended) inferior teams. Two yards away tonight. Two/three yards against Europa.. come on..

Probably. However he's not scored a single goal last season, and against (no offence intended) inferior teams. Two yards away tonight. Two/three yards against Europa.. come on..
It’s a case of trying too hard. You can’t just pretend he didn’t score all those goals for Swansea. Once he gets one it’ll be a big weight off his shoulders.

You see it all the time.

After tonight he is definitely behind Moose and Burke and thats saying something.
How on earth he headed that over the cross bar I dont know you could have kissed it in.

Poor kid, he tries but still no result.

Yeah we are waiting for the flood gates to open but there is one heckuva build up of water behind them.

It’s a case of trying too hard. You can’t just pretend he didn’t score all those goals for Swansea. Once he gets one it’ll be a big weight off his shoulders.

You see it all the time.
He wasn't trying to hard last season though if we're honest though. He looked like a deer in the headlights. He looked and played how I'd have expected a youth player like jebbison to have played. Granted that's last season, it just seems like he's picked up from where he's left off. However I'd love for him to get one as it might be a catalyst. So far though it's not looking good. Buxton town in three years at this rate.

He wasn't trying to hard last season though if we're honest though. He looked like a deer in the headlights. He looked and played how I'd have expected a youth player like jebbison to have played. Granted that's last season, it just seems like he's picked up from where he's left off. However I'd love for him to get one as it might be a catalyst. So far though it's not looking good. Buxton town in three years at this rate.
He was totally different today to how he was last season. Much more aggressive

He just needs to score a goal and it will be like a weight off his shoulders. Its a confidence thing with him I think, though he needs to up his tempo, and be better with his positional awareness and off the ball running (which can be worked on in training and with the coaches). A goal for him, whether that be a worldie or a tap in would do wonders for him.

I've seen it before. I remember reading about a Uefa cup home and away tie between Princes Park (Scottish side) and an English first division side which ended 2 nil to the English side after the first leg with Hot Shot Hamish (the man with the most powerful shot in the world) having a mare in front of goal. Luckily for Hamish, the manager of Princes Park (Ian McWhacker), and his regular supporting characters (his eccentric father and his pet sheep McMutton) kept faith with him and when one trickled in with 10 to go in the 2nd leg which bounced off Hamish 60 yards away from goal and went in between the English keepers legs, Hamish found new confidence and was unstoppable. He quickly grabbed a 2nd after being set up by Kevin 'Mighty' Mouse his sidekick up front, before winning it in the last minute after unleashing a vicious shot so hard that it burst the goalnet. Anyone who doesn't believe me should read the 1986 Roy of the Rovers annual and its well covered in there.

Point is, just like Hamish, Brewster just needs that lucky break and then we can all get ready for the Brewster last minute cannon ball winner.

He just needs to score a goal and it will be like a weight off his shoulders. Its a confidence thing with him I think, though he needs to up his tempo, and be better with his positional awareness and off the ball running (which can be worked on in training and with the coaches). A goal for him, whether that be a worldie or a tap in would do wonders for him.

I've seen it before. I remember reading about a Uefa cup home and away tie between Princes Park (Scottish side) and an English first division side which ended 2 nil to the English side after the first leg with Hot Shot Hamish (the man with the most powerful shot in the world) having a mare in front of goal. Luckily for Hamish, the manager of Princes Park (Ian McWhacker), and his regular supporting characters (his eccentric father and his pet sheep McMutton) kept faith with him and when one trickled in with 10 to go in the 2nd leg which bounced off Hamish 60 yards away from goal and went in between the English keepers legs, Hamish found new confidence and was unstoppable. He quickly grabbed a 2nd after being set up by Kevin 'Mighty' Mouse his sidekick up front, before winning it in the last minute after unleashing a vicious shot so hard that it burst the goalnet. Anyone who doesn't believe me should read the 1986 Roy of the Rovers annual and its well covered in there.

Point is, just like Hamish, Brewster just needs that lucky break and then we can all get ready for the Brewster last minute cannon ball winner.

Loved Hot Shot Hamish and Mighty Mouse.

Didnt Kevin Mouse still work as a porter in the hospital alongside playing for a top flight Scotish side?

Seemed a bit far fetched....unlike the more believable stories like Billy's Boots (could not do anything right unless he wore his old grandads mouldy old boots) and Goalkeeper (inherited magic powers from his Dad- also a keeper).

Also recall The Hard Man and Tommys Troubles as other stories.

Remember being on holiday in Bridlington as a young lad and frantically searching for Roy of the Rovers latest edition in the newsagent. I found it and saw Melchester had won the league and came running out to tell my Dad who really could not have looked like he gave less of a shit and was more interested in getting out to do some sea fishing.

I bought that and the Beano every week for a period in the late 80s. I then moved onto Match and Shoot before being really grown up in my teens and switching to 90 Minutes.

Yes, Kevin 'Mighty' Mouse conveniently found a job as a porter in a hospital when he moved to Princes Park so was doing that as well as being part of a successful partnership up front with the Hot Shot.

I particularly liked the time that the manager (Mr McWhacker) attempted to intimidate the Princes Park players into playing better by secretly disguising himself as a monster called "The Claw" and haunting the club corridors, bursting out and warning startled players that they would be devoured if they did not win matches. I think this is a tactic that Jokonavic can use if we have a bad patch. Good man management, and I can imagine Bassett or the legendary Brian Clough using such tactics.

I also like Billy's Boots which was also in ROTR (I think it was in 'Tiger' before that). Each week, the strip was introduced with the words, "young Billy Sharp found an ancient pair of football boots that used to belong to old-time soccer star, Keith "Dead-Shot" Edwards. In some strange way, the boots enabled Billy to play in the same style as Dead Shot Edwards...."

Loved Hot Shot Hamish and Mighty Mouse.

Didnt Kevin Mouse still work as a porter in the hospital alongside playing for a top flight Scotish side?

Seemed a bit far fetched....unlike the more believable stories like Billy's Boots (could not do anything right unless he wore his old grandads mouldy old boots) and Goalkeeper (inherited magic powers from his Dad- also a keeper).

Also recall The Hard Man and Tommys Troubles as other stories.

Remember being on holiday in Bridlington as a young lad and frantically searching for Roy of the Rovers latest edition in the newsagent. I found it and saw Melchester had won the league and came running out to tell my Dad who really could not have looked like he gave less of a shit and was more interested in getting out to do some sea fishing.

I bought that and the Beano every week for a period in the late 80s. I then moved onto Match and Shoot before being really grown up in my teens and switching to 90 Minutes.

Gorgeous Gus was another great one, he was an aristocrat who bought new players for his local side and played himself at Centre Forward. He would stroll about contributing nothing, attended by his valet on the sidelines, but if he ball was played straight to his feet he would hit and unstoppable shot (regularly knocking the goalkeeper into the net).

They don't write 'em like that any more.

Gorgeous Gus was another great one, he was an aristocrat who bought new players for his local side and played himself at Centre Forward. He would stroll about contributing nothing, attended by his valet on the sidelines, but if he ball was played straight to his feet he would hit and unstoppable shot (regularly knocking the goalkeeper into the net).

They don't write 'em like that any more.
That’s Beattie in his first season with us.

You see it all the time.
Tried to hard 😂😂😂 ffs, the lad barely broke a sweat all last season, he's one of the laziest players ever to pull on a blades shirt

I’m not on about last season though am I?
Apologies, you had replied to a post about him not scoring a goal last season with it being a case of him trying to hard, so I assumed you meant last season

Didn't see the match last night so can't comment on it, hopefully he's starting to put a bit of effort in then.....

Low point of the season for Brewy must have been Jebbison's goal at Everton. Everything about it was everything Brewster had failed at all season. Executed within 8 minutes of walking onto the pitch. For that goal Jebbo put in such a long stretch he almost made it into the Blades Prison XI.

Back
Top Bottom