Brewster --- Our Worst Signing Ever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For me, given the cost and the fact we needed that money to strengthen in other areas has to put him as our worst ever signing.
'We' Steggy??????...and 'our'........surely you should have written 'you' and 'your'.................unless you are suggesting that because Chancer can't pay the wages etc. then SUFC should have given our neighbours a financial gift to help them through the bad times?

Hello, Stegosaurus, here.

Is Brewster our worst signing ever?

20 million + for a striker who cant head the ball, can't create space, can't keep possession, can't assist, continuously looks bored and, worryingly, can't score. He just blazes it anywhere. If he gets any chance, he misses. Ill grant him, he's quite good physically. But, he's pretty useless.

20 million+. That makes him, I believe, in the top 300 most expensive strikers of all time. Liverpool had Wilder's pants down with this one.

For me, given the cost and the fact we needed that money to strengthen in other areas has to put him as our worst ever signing.
No where near been much worse signings than Brewster, in the 50 plus years I have been watching them

Jebbison is a better bet than Brewster...I hope I’m wrong but Brewsters name and the transfer fee are likely to be remembered for all the wrong reasons....

Just seen Harry Kane worth £150,000,000. Scored 23 goals thats 6.5 million a goal. Brewsters only 3 goals behind him. So not too shaby a signing? 😅😅
Run those maths by me again ? Kane has 23 goals, I'm presuming that you mean this season and not career goals, Brewster has none this season so that makes him 23 goals behind him this season so how do you get to 3 behind ? Plus Harry Kane's value probably relates to him being the world cup top scorer, and 3 time premier League golden boot winner in addition to the 23 he got this season

Its not often players that join at the end of a window settle straight away. Give him a pre-season and then judge him after the full season following the pre-season.

Honestly, you can’t fairly compare any of our strikers after the season we’ve just had. Aguero wouldn’t have got 10 goals. The single biggest issue has been the pure lack of quality getting the ball forward & into dangerous areas quickly enough for any of our forwards to have a chance of sticking it in the net

Didz getting 8 was a minor miracle & 2 of his were shots from 20 odd yards.

Worst signing ever goes to Claude Davies by the way. 3 fucking million pounds in 2006 (a club record at the time might I add) for a centre half with a head shaped like Kryten from Red Dwarf. Good grief...

It's all subjective eh? I'd call Ebrell downright bad luck. So in terms of value for money, you'd be right. But he was prior to that a good quality player and I was pretty excited by the signing at the time
It was a stupid signing. We went ahead with the signing without insurance because he didnt pass the medical.

Run those maths by me again ? Kane has 23 goals, I'm presuming that you mean this season and not career goals, Brewster has none this season so that makes him 23 goals behind him this season so how do you get to 3 behind ? Plus Harry Kane's value probably relates to him being the world cup top scorer, and 3 time premier League golden boot winner in addition to the 23 he got this season
23 goals at 6.5 million= £150.000.000. That's 6.5million quid a goal, that's what you would be getting for Harry Kanes services. Rhian Brewster cost 20 million. At 6.5 million a goal Rhian only needs 3 Goals to be on Harry Kanes level. It was only a bit of a joke to be honest not to be taken literally .

He looked decent when he come on the other day to be fair. With good management he could tear the championship apart

I sincerely hope Brewster is reading this (though I doubt it) because he's by no means our worst signing and I'm glad the majority on here agree.

Perhaps the hype over him was a bit over the top but he's had one super shit season where he's barely had much of a chance to prove himself. Seemingly managers last choice (for some reason) and playing with a squad that barely looked like it could be arsed.

I think he should stay with us and get some regularly squad time in throughout next season.

Lets not forget he is an England U21. What that actually means I dont know but so is Ramsdale and he is now considered for the Euro's (probably wont get in the final 26 due to politics, relegation, its Sheffield United etc)

He has been awful this season but we did give McBurnie (well most of us) a 2nd season chance........ cough..
So he deserves another bite of the cherry.

Paul Williams
Chris Guthrie
Dougie Brown
Jordan Stewart
Tony Moore
Dean Hammond
Craig Beattie

In terms of "value" for money, Brewster is up there so far. But I can't believe he's as bad as the shower above?

Back
Top Bottom