Brewster again!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bakeblade

Reaction score
I thought he did generally OK on Saturday. Clearly the lad is desperate to get off the mark and is probably trying too hard and needs to relax a bit. Hecky should help him out and tell him that as long as he works hard, he will start all the remaining matches and stay on for the full game. The last thing Brewster needs at the moment is the last 15 minutes or thinking he may be subbed if he hasn't scored.

He makes some neat touches here and there. I think the criticism on Saturday is that it's one thing not scoring and another thing not being involved in the vast majority of the game. Maybe some of it's down to instruction but it's not like you see him positions where he's demanding the ball. He's just drifting around the pitch while the game passes him by.

I like him but his confidence is so low. He’s getting touches and it’s all quite pleasant and nice...

Problem is that he’s not believing in himself and not busting a gut to get into positions.

look at Sharp, he’s pissed off when the ball doesn’t go where he wants it. Get the runs made, look aggressive, shout and scream at the wide players or McG when they don’t put the ball into you... but get into those positions

he needs to be much more aggressive on the shoulder of defenders

He just needs to relax and understand it's impossible to score in this team. That's not his fault its the tactics we employ. Once a new manager comes in the system has to change. He will get more opportunities to impress next season
Difficult but not impossible, as crap as we are we still create the odd chance. The rest of the games should be a bit more open as teams will have nothing to play for and may experiment a bit. I see no downside to giving him full game time from now on, I don't want him going into next season still looking for that first goal.

I like him but his confidence is so low. He’s getting touches and it’s all quite pleasant and nice...

Problem is that he’s not believing in himself and not busting a gut to get into positions.

look at Sharp, he’s pissed off when the ball doesn’t go where he wants it. Get the runs made, look aggressive, shout and scream at the wide players or McG when they don’t put the ball into you... but get into those positions

True, perhaps Billy could coach him for the rest of the season, give him something to do.

True, perhaps Billy could coach him for the rest of the season, give him something to do.
Just get him to watch videos of Billy’s goals from his entire career, never had much pace, unlike Brewster, but has learnt to adapt his game to get goals everywhere he’s been.

Billy’s also learnt to shrug off poor form, keep getting into positions and lead from the front.

I’m sure Brewster will find it. He certainly needs a preseason friendly or two to get his confidence up and bully defenders

Let's not dress it up, he's been crap since we signed him.

That doesn't mean he'll always be crap and I've said a few times that Messi and Ronaldo would look poor for us at the moment.

I have hopes that he's going to be another Solanke and get at least double figures next season in the Championship for us.

He needs to get on the pies, not strong enough. Lock him in weights room all pre season n he'll be reyt

True, he needs to shout more and let everyone know where he wants the ball putting into the box.

Comes with experience that does.

True, he needs to shout more and let everyone know where he wants the ball putting into the box.

Comes with experience that does.
It amazes me how none of our strikers realise that corners aren’t going to beat the front man but still go and stand in the middle of the box on the off chance that one day the ball actually reaches them!

Rather than teach Norwood or Fleck how to take a decent corner we just need to move everyone in front of the near post and we’re away.

Just get him to watch videos of Billy’s goals from his entire career, never had much pace, unlike Brewster, but has learnt to adapt his game to get goals everywhere he’s been.

Billy’s also learnt to shrug off poor form, keep getting into positions and lead from the front.

I’m sure Brewster will find it. He certainly needs a preseason friendly or two to get his confidence up and bully defenders
Is Brewster fast? I’m not convinced.

It amazes me how none of our strikers realise that corners aren’t going to beat the front man but still go and stand in the middle of the box on the off chance that one day the ball actually reaches them!

Rather than teach Norwood or Fleck how to take a decent corner we just need to move everyone in front of the near post and we’re away.

They should be crossing the ball in from open play like Kean Bryan. Our players need to watch him and learn.

as bad as our midfield have been creating hardly anything for our strikers the brutal truth is we havent got a premier league striker on our books

They should be crossing the ball in from open play like Kean Bryan. Our players need to watch him and learn.
Been saying for a while that he should be taking corners when he plays.

He's already up there for them, there's no point having him in the box waiting for one of the Chuckle Brothers to hit the first man, when he could be actually taking a decent one himself

• Haha
Reactions: SLB
Pace never has been Brewsters game he was more known as a finisher in his Swansea and Liverpool youth days.

Outside the box he is fine, but inside the box his movement is dire. Unintentionally removes himself as a passing option time and time again with his woeful positioning.

He needs a lot of coaching, Billy should become his Mr Miagi in pre season.

I feel sorry for him.
Players that chase the money are criticised on here, but choosing the right club is the difference between getting your career going and struggling to get any sort of career going at all.
He must be sick as a parrot that he joined us, his progress has been put back years and he might never be what he could have been.

The biggest criticism of Brewster would probably be that even Mousset gets more involved and takes up better positions.

Moose is clearly a lazy fat bastard/confidence player at rock bottom (opinions vary) who looks even less like scoring, but he still actually gets in the right places to hit his pathetic attempts at shots and drops back into reasonable positions to try and link up with the midfield. Brewster gets involved if the ball comes straight to him, but he doesn't go looking for it and McGoldrick is more likely to try a shot from miles out than try to pass to him.

The biggest criticism of Brewster would probably be that even Mousset gets more involved and takes up better positions.

Moose is clearly a lazy fat bastard/confidence player at rock bottom (opinions vary) who looks even less like scoring, but he still actually gets in the right places to hit his pathetic attempts at shots and drops back into reasonable positions to try and link up with the midfield. Brewster gets involved if the ball comes straight to him, but he doesn't go looking for it and McGoldrick is more likely to try a shot from miles out than try to pass to him.
If McGoldrick, who has about as much shot power as a reused typhoo tea bag, decides to shoot from distance instead of passing to our only player who has displayed any shot power all season...

Then he's a clown.

Funny how Didzy couldn't hit a barn door sitting on the lock last year but he was still the best thing since sliced bread!

So we need another ?

Yes, he's a finisher, not a link up man, or a target man

You'd think we'd have known this when we bought him

I'm sure that before he arrived he did his own due diligence. He must have looked at us a solid team right the way through, who kept goals out at one end but didn't put enough away at the other.

He must have been licking his lips at the prospect of firing us to a new level.

If McGoldrick, who has about as much shot power as a reused typhoo tea bag, decides to shoot from distance instead of passing to our only player who has displayed any shot power all season...

Then he's a clown.

Funny how Didzy couldn't hit a barn door sitting on the lock last year but he was still the best thing since sliced bread!
Can’t really compare McGoldrick’s performances last season with Brewster’s this season though can we?

I’m still very much in the “he’ll come good” camp. Hopefully I’m right.

Can’t really compare McGoldrick’s performances last season with Brewster’s this season though can we?

I’m still very much in the “he’ll come good” camp. Hopefully I’m right.
No, I don't think we can, partly for the lack of return but also for the fact he's not had a full crowd getting behind him and singing his name all season!

He's had full forums and social media accounts calling him shite 😅

I'm with you on that though, I still think he looks our most naturally talented striker even from what he's shown. Just needs to do the "grow from a boy to a man" thing, mostly psychologically I'd say...

Its really up to him and how much he wants it now

Back
Top Bottom