Brewster again!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely if a player is practicing Ramadan he shouldn’t be playing at all?
I'm not 100% on the rules of Ramadan but I imagine it's permitted, given the number of players who have been playing through it

Surely if a player is practicing Ramadan he shouldn’t be playing at all?
Did a bit of research and I've found sources that say sport can be played during Ramadan provided that it isn't for money or prizes.

However, there are also sources saying things to the contrary, so I guess it comes down to which branch of Islam the individual player ascribes to

Sorry what I’m getting at is if that person isn’t eating from dawn ‘till dusk he or she isn’t going to have the necessary energy levels to play any competitive sport, never mind Premier League football.

I‘d even suggest it could possibly be dangerous to their health.

Sorry what I’m getting at is if that person isn’t eating from dawn ‘till dusk he or she isn’t going to have the necessary energy levels to play any competitive sport, never mind Premier League football.

I‘d even suggest it could possibly be dangerous to their health.
Ah yeah I get you now! Sorry, my mistake! 😅

I have thought that before, but I guess it comes down to the individual athlete and the professional sports science folk to make that call, I can't imagine either would want to willingly risk serious injury

When he joined Mr Brewster said he did so because he liked our system and felt that we'd create chances that he would thrive off. Whilst we have been ponderous in the extreme, the aim still seems to be to get wide and put something on a plate for someone to have a clear strike. However, almost every time, even tho this is what we practice and plan for, no bugger makes any kind of intelligent run to get Infront of the defender or keeper. RB is guilty of this. If he wants to score lots of goals this aspect of his game needs major work. (Along with other aspects. I'm a massive believer in supporting players but he's shown so little I can't get excited about it all somehow clicking in the league below)

Some spectacularly naive comments about Ramadan on here. I was going to quote some but there's too many.

Not meaning to knock anyone in particular but a simple Google search would help. There's absolutely tonnes of top athletes who are observing Ramadan and performing at exceptional levels - see Kante in the CL semi Final as the most recent/obvious example.

All I say is was due diligence done on said player .elite athletes and Ramadan don't really interact ,22m down the toilet I think
There are hundreds if not thousands of elite athletes that observe Ramadan.
Are you saying as part of due diligence we should have found out his religion and as a result not signed him because of it?

I think we made a mistake in not playing him much when we signed him. It seemed to me that signing a young striker for mega bucks and then starting him on the bench each week pumped him up just to deflate him.

He will come good, he's just not getting the service, same as for the England under 21s where he's scored none in 12, they don't create chances either.

He doesn't really like running about or trying to get in a good position but if we can find a way of rolling the ball (slowly) to him 6 yards out say 40 or 50 times a season I'm confident he will get at least 10 maybe even 15 goals, perhaps the ref could ask the bigger boys to stop moving while he has a kick at the goal

Wesley Fofana did ok the other night.

It happened before that at the weekend Spurs game I think

Some spectacularly naive comments about Ramadan on here. I was going to quote some but there's too many.

Not meaning to knock anyone in particular but a simple Google search would help. There's absolutely tonnes of top athletes who are observing Ramadan and performing at exceptional levels - see Kante in the CL semi Final as the most recent/obvious example.
In fairness mine and a few others weren't saying he'll be incapable, more responding to the comment that if he looks lethargic, don't criticise him as fasting will be the reason.

I'd expect the staff to know his capabilities whilst fasting, and if they believe he can't perform properly, not to pick him from the start.

Some one should put their arm around Brewster and tell him "look it's not all your fault Mr Wilder got the sack, just mostly."....... ;)
he resigned!

Forget leaving through the front door or even walking out the back door old Chris jumped out the bog window

Brewster can't get in that team that tells you everything you need to know... 😂😂😂

He's "lethargic" (I'm being polite) whether it's Ramadan, Eid, Hanukkah or chuffin Christmas. He appears to have no pace, vision, "football brain", accuracy or spacial awareness. These are all skills which are necessary in professional football, even at lower levels. You could argue that no-one in our team has demonstrated much of that this season, but the difference between Brewster and the rest is that they have done it in the past, and they didn't cost £23 million.
I honestly can't see him being any better in the Championship, whatever the time of year or religious festival!!

What people seem to forget about brewster is that he played a few reserve games for Liverpool and did ok (maybe) that obviously puts him ahead of all of our youth team players and most of out first team, appreciate the quality you plebs

Can you imagine having a year at your job and being completely and utterly incompetent at it but having earned enough to retire on at the age of 21... Modern football is just mental

He will come good, he's just not getting the service, same as for the England under 21s where he's scored none in 12, they don't create chances either.

He doesn't really like running about or trying to get in a good position but if we can find a way of rolling the ball (slowly) to him 6 yards out say 40 or 50 times a season I'm confident he will get at least 10 maybe even 15 goals, perhaps the ref could ask the bigger boys to stop moving while he has a kick at the goal

I don't know if anyone ever read the Gorgeous Gus comic strip, but that's basically what happened in that.

He was a aristocrat who bought his local side and played himself at Centre Forward. He wouldn't move much during the match or run about, but if the ball were played to his feet he would invariably score with a shot that damned near broke the net.

What people seem to forget about brewster is that he played a few reserve games for Liverpool and did ok (maybe) that obviously puts him ahead of all of our youth team players and most of out first team, appreciate the quality you plebs

How many of our youth players have been the star player & top scorer in a junior world cup?

... and have a goalscoring ratio of 1:2 in the Championship?

Nah, I don't know either.

How many of our youth players have been the star player & top scorer in a junior world cup?

... and have a goalscoring ratio of 1:2 in the Championship?

Nah, I don't know either.

Not been given the chance... Brewster is absolutely wank just watch him play and stop making excuses

When he joined Mr Brewster said he did so because he liked our system and felt that we'd create chances that he would thrive off. Whilst we have been ponderous in the extreme, the aim still seems to be to get wide and put something on a plate for someone to have a clear strike. However, almost every time, even tho this is what we practice and plan for, no bugger makes any kind of intelligent run to get Infront of the defender or keeper. RB is guilty of this. If he wants to score lots of goals this aspect of his game needs major work. (Along with other aspects. I'm a massive believer in supporting players but he's shown so little I can't get excited about it all somehow clicking in the league below)

Can you name one match where he has been given the correct service I genuinely can’t think of a game where he’s been given a chance on a plate

Yes he’s looked poor whilst looking good in short spells the lads 20 give him chance next season if he doesn’t perform then we can start slagging

Not been given the chance... Brewster is absolutely wank just watch him play and stop making excuses
Will uniteds youngsters ultimately end up better players who knows I hope they will. Are they currently? No. For context when mousset played for the 23s he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch in terms of quality and he looks like a lame duck for the seniors. The jump is massive.

Can you name one match where he has been given the correct service I genuinely can’t think of a game where he’s been given a chance on a plate

Yes he’s looked poor whilst looking good in short spells the lads 20 give him chance next season if he doesn’t perform then we can start slagging
He didn't even get on today, must be really tearing it up in training. What a monstrous waste of money this kid has been.

Back
Top Bottom