Brewster again!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, I don't think we can, partly for the lack of return but also for the fact he's not had a full crowd getting behind him and singing his name all season!

He's had full forums and social media accounts calling him shite šŸ˜…

I'm with you on that though, I still think he looks our most naturally talented striker even from what he's shown. Just needs to do the "grow from a boy to a man" thing, mostly psychologically I'd say...

Its really up to him and how much he wants it now
My mate said he's been with the same girl for years since being very young, and seems very cosy and happy and settled...

Probably similar to the bubble he was living in at Liverpool...

He needs a bite of adult reality, that's all.

No, I don't think we can, partly for the lack of return but also for the fact he's not had a full crowd getting behind him and singing his name all season!

He's had full forums and social media accounts calling him shite šŸ˜…

I'm with you on that though, I still think he looks our most naturally talented striker even from what he's shown. Just needs to do the "grow from a boy to a man" thing, mostly psychologically I'd say...

Its really up to him and how much he wants it now
I think it's a bit more than just having his name chanted by fans. McGoldrick earned his chants with his performances the previous season and throughout last season.

At the moment Brewster has earned nothing (apart from a wedge of wages) with his performances. It's probably done him good to not have the 'gerimoff he's shit' brigade shouting at him.

I think it's a bit more than just having his name chanted by fans. McGoldrick earned his chants with his performances the previous season and throughout last season.

At the moment Brewster has earned nothing (apart from a wedge of wages) with his performances. It's probably done him good to not have the 'gerimoff he's shit' brigade shouting at him.
Yeah I totally agree about McGoldrick, I was just making the point about backing strikers who aren't scoring but you're right, their situations and contributions are massively different!

I actually think it might do him good...he's had smoke blown up his arse all his career...he's never actually had a point to prove until now!

It's another example of the club/Tufty spending big money on a player who doesn't fit our system - see also Exhibit A 'Sander Berge'...

It's as if Tufty had an idea of what our tactical evolution was going to be, but never got round to implementing it. Brewster and Berge are the right players but at the wrong time. They were 12/24 months early...

Big challenge for the new guy as they need to either move these two on, or come up with a way of playing that gets the best out of these two!

He needs to change his name, been trying to come up with an original song for him.

Thought i was on to a winner with Cyprus Hill's Rapstar (Brewstar) but it just got embarrassing

It's another example of the club/Tufty spending big money on a player who doesn't fit our system - see also Exhibit A 'Sander Berge'...

It's as if Tufty had an idea of what our tactical evolution was going to be, but never got round to implementing it. Brewster and Berge are the right players but at the wrong time. They were 12/24 months early...

Big challenge for the new guy as they need to either move these two on, or come up with a way of playing that gets the best out of these two!
This is what I donā€™t get about PAā€™s desire to continue with 352 because ā€œwe signed players for that systemā€. How about we get a manager who can come up with a system that gets the most out of our costliest signings? A system that creates more goal scoring opportunities for Brewster and McBurnie, so we actually get some good value out of them. Itā€™s much easier to sign a centre half who can play in a back four than it is to find strikers who can create chances from fuck all service.

Last season we created great quality chances in pretty much every game, and just missed that clinical striker. This season we've barely created a chance per game. In fact I can't honestly remember missing a decent chance. Like Billy, he's not going to create too much himself but I think there's a great finisher in there. Genuinely exciting about seeing him next season with some decent supply.

Canā€™t really compare McGoldrickā€™s performances last season with Brewsterā€™s this season though can we?

Iā€™m still very much in the ā€œheā€™ll come goodā€ camp. Hopefully Iā€™m right.
Yh and when he does come good which I think he will. We will no doubt sell him.

It amazes me how none of our strikers realise that corners arenā€™t going to beat the front man but still go and stand in the middle of the box on the off chance that one day the ball actually reaches them!

Rather than teach Norwood or Fleck how to take a decent corner we just need to move everyone in front of the near post and weā€™re away
But that would take the common sense that our overpaid players & coaches don't possess

This is what I donā€™t get about PAā€™s desire to continue with 352 because ā€œwe signed players for that systemā€. How about we get a manager who can come up with a system that gets the most out of our costliest signings? A system that creates more goal scoring opportunities for Brewster and McBurnie, so we actually get some good value out of them. Itā€™s much easier to sign a centre half who can play in a back four than it is to find strikers who can create chances from fuck all service.

That's why CWAK succeeded in the first place. Pragmatism. Tried something, didn't work, didn't have the players. Looked at what we'd got and off we went with 352.

Sadly missing at the end of last season, halfway up the table, time to be assess what did and didn't work, clearly needed a shuffle and a bit of bravery to get rid of the flat 3.

That's why CWAK succeeded in the first place. Pragmatism. Tried something, didn't work, didn't have the players. Looked at what we'd got and off we went with 352.

Sadly missing at the end of last season, halfway up the table, time to be assess what did and didn't work, clearly needed a shuffle and a bit of bravery to get rid of the flat 3.
going to the flat midfield 3 was an admission of defeat by chris imo and it didnt work anyway the chris wilder of 3 years ago would never have been as negative as this

Itā€™s been so obvious Brewster at present is not premier league standard he should not have been signed big mistake putting almost all our eggs in one basket.
He proved he can do it in the championship before but he will have to prove it all over again. If he has not clicked by next January offload

itā€™s up to him BUT the Peterborough lad looks a lot better and heā€™s league one

Itā€™s been so obvious Brewster at present is not premier league standard he should not have been signed big mistake putting almost all our eggs in one basket.
He proved he can do it in the championship before but he will have to prove it all over again. If he has not clicked by next January offload

itā€™s up to him BUT the Peterborough lad looks a lot better and heā€™s league one
You can't compare the form of a 26 year old, established lower league footballer, playing in a thriving side at lower league level...

...with a 21 year old who's been sheltered in top tier academies all his life apart from 6 months in the Championship, who has been thrust in to one of the worst sides ever to disgrace the Premier League.

Not saying Brewster hasn't been disappointing so far, he clearly has, but that's an unfair comparison to make.

Jury's out as far as I'm concerned, see what next season brings!

Still reckon he'll get his first before the end of the season, hopefully against Brighton this weekend šŸ¤žšŸ»

i think brewster will come good next season but thats because he will be at his level again same with mcburnie we overpaid for the pair of them

You can't compare the form of a 26 year old, established lower league footballer, playing in a thriving side at lower league level...

...with a 21 year old who's been sheltered in top tier academies all his life apart from 6 months in the Championship, who has been thrust in to one of the worst sides ever to disgrace the Premier League.

Not saying Brewster hasn't been disappointing so far, he clearly has, but that's an unfair comparison to make.

Jury's out as far as I'm concerned, see what next season brings!

Still reckon he'll get his first before the end of the season, hopefully against Brighton this weekend šŸ¤žšŸ»

Yeah I think hard to judge him fully on this season. I was looking at the stats for us (just woeful all around) and interestingly he's created 4 big chances this season (Opta's definition of a clear goal scoring opportunity), which is actually joint 2nd most in the team this season.

He's had 2 big chances himself and missed both. But McBurnie's had 8 (and missed all 8), Didzy 9 (scored 4), Billy 4 (scored 1) and Burke 2 (missed both). So not really had much goal scoring opportunity, which is part due to the player (positioning which I think he needs to work on, hopefully Billy can help here) but also the players around him. Enda created 9 goal scoring chances last season - this season... 1. Lundstram 8 last season - this season 1. Norwood 6, this season 2. So a huge regression from our midfield in particular. In contrast Ollie Watkins has had 20 big chances given to him this season, thanks to having Grealish and others supporting him!

Yes , Bennyand The Blades- in your post (39) you ask , "Doesn't it make you feel old when all these new songs are trotted out? Well that's because I am old as I remember , "Roll along Sheffield United, roll along." The second line was, "To the top of the league where you belong. " Can't remember the rest. Can you recall it?

Yeah I think hard to judge him fully on this season. I was looking at the stats for us (just woeful all around) and interestingly he's created 4 big chances this season (Opta's definition of a clear goal scoring opportunity), which is actually joint 2nd most in the team this season.

He's had 2 big chances himself and missed both. But McBurnie's had 8 (and missed all 8), Didzy 9 (scored 4), Billy 4 (scored 1) and Burke 2 (missed both). So not really had much goal scoring opportunity, which is part due to the player (positioning which I think he needs to work on, hopefully Billy can help here) but also the players around him. Enda created 9 goal scoring chances last season - this season... 1. Lundstram 8 last season - this season 1. Norwood 6, this season 2. So a huge regression from our midfield in particular. In contrast Ollie Watkins has had 20 big chances given to him this season, thanks to having Grealish and others supporting him!
As much as I hate Jack Grealish, I think he'd be my number 1 transfer. Fantastic player

EBkrbNfm.jpg

Caption competition - here is mine >

Brewster : "For $$$$'s sake"

Interesting point from heckingbottom regarding Brewsters issue being that he has struggled to adapt to the system we play. This is something Dowell referenced lately about his time on loan. That Duffy was better at getting in to wide positions in time to be effective.
Whatever about last season we struggled ourselves in playing the system. Slow ponderous and narrow attacks. And a loss of form in midfield.
I think a few shrewd signings and an adjustment in our system to add more variety and speed would be an improvement.
Then I suppose we will see if Brewster can actually cut it.

I think Brewster will come good for us in the Championship.

If Brewster looks lazy this weekend donā€™t be too harsh on him as heā€™s fasting for Ramadan at the moment.
I've no problem respecting his wish to fast for Ramadan but in this day and age with nutritionists and sports science, I wouldn't expect a player to be chosen who can't perform to his best because of his lack of adequate refuelling.

By all means have him on the bench or leave him out but I wouldn't expect a manager to pick a player who he knows could well struggle with energy due to fasting.

I don't see it with him. I hope I'm wrong and I'll be happy to be called a miserable old git if he comes good. He needs to get running into positions to receive the ball for a start.

If Brewster looks lazy this weekend donā€™t be too harsh on him as heā€™s fasting for Ramadan at the moment.
Never realised he was a practicing Muslim until reading yesterday's article!

It also goes some way to explaining the lethargic display last weekend.

Fair play to the lad āš”

Yeah this drives at the main point. Good strikers thrive on service and if the strikers don't get that then they will struggle unless they have amazing pace, skill or strength and create the chances themselves. If they are that good then they wont be playing for us.
Most mid to lower table teams and the low flyers will not create that many chances.
Look at Ayew at Palace, very good, tidy skillful player. Most on here would argue that his value is probably similar to Brewster. Similar type of player a finisher. Played 28 times, only scored once. This is in a team with a wage bill that is 10-20 times ours? And with Eze and Zaha to create chances. Just remember Brewster is being supplied by the tiny tiny Ben Osborn (Ā£3.5m), Fleck (free) and Norwood (Ā£2M). It's no wonder our strikers have struggled.

Back
Top Bottom