Brentford Away - London Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought that but then the quoted text was related to the botanist :)

Block b, row d, seat 17. Near the aisle

You were bang near me, I reckon. I had a feeling you were in front of me. I had you 3 rows up, next to the aisle. You didnt swap seats with 2 young lads did you

UTB

I thought that but then the quoted text was related to the botanist :)

Block b, row d, seat 17. Near the aisle

You were bang near me, I reckon. I had a feeling you were in front of me. I had you 3 rows up, next to the aisle. You didnt swap seats with 2 young lads did you?

UTB

Yes, you missed me! It was
Crap game, pissed it down and the away end is a potential death trap

But...

Had a cracking day with a few London blades Highbury_Blade Blackheath Blade Balham Blade Sheff de party (did I miss anyone?)

The view from the upper tier was excellent, first half brentford ran us ragged, their 2nd was a great goal. 2nd half we did everything but score (even though the ball was way over the line)

Had a decent evening in the magpie pub drinking bitter and feeling fairly wasted when we left. I'll definitely do brentford again, nice friendly fans and they got treated to a few decent blades songs.

The poor lass from accrington now knows who Beattie is. The blokes enlightening us with some old school blades songs were a good crack. And we have a new Aussie blade.

So who else is a rambler?

Cheers for a cracking day lads![/quote

Yes, you missed me! It was I who made you run for the bus.

I briefly made it to the Crown & Magpie, but as Alty, Musical, Wimbledon and myself are all now Senior Senior London Blades we headed somewhere quieter and found the Brewery Tap.

You were bang near me, I reckon. I had a feeling you were in front of me. I had you 3 rows up, next to the aisle. You didnt swap seats with 2 young lads did you?

UTB

No we were just behind 3 lasses, but we didn't swap seats. I thought we were 4 rows back. Good view.

I had a black jacket and black cap on, with a Peter crouch lookalike

Hmmm, that went a bit wrong. Anyway, you missed me! I made you run for the bus.

Briefly made the Crown and Magpie but as Alty, Musical, Wimbledon and myself are Senior Senior London Blades, we headed for somewhere quieter and found the Brewery Tap.

I couldn't be arsed heading to the Magpie after. I skulked off home. Was knackered. I should have left at half time with Highbury...

Crap game, pissed it down and the away end is a potential death trap

But...

Had a cracking day with a few London blades Highbury_Blade Blackheath Blade Balham Blade Sheff de party (did I miss anyone?)

The view from the upper tier was excellent, first half brentford ran us ragged, their 2nd was a great goal. 2nd half we did everything but score (even though the ball was way over the line)

Had a decent evening in the magpie pub drinking bitter and feeling fairly wasted when we left. I'll definitely do brentford again, nice friendly fans and they got treated to a few decent blades songs.

The poor lass from accrington now knows who Beattie is. The blokes enlightening us with some old school blades songs were a good crack. And we have a new Aussie blade.

So who else is a rambler?

Cheers for a cracking day lads!

i had an absolutely top day and it was great to meet some familiar forum names. id forgotten abt the Accrington girl until just now, but that was a right laugh as well, cracking day all round.

incidentally, our new Aussie Blade forgot she didnt have a key when she left us and was discovered asleep on our doorstep 2 hours later under a Sheffield United flag. She's a Blade alright.

i had an absolutely top day and it was great to meet some familiar forum names. id forgotten abt the Accrington girl until just now, but that was a right laugh as well, cracking day all round.

incidentally, our new Aussie Blade forgot she didnt have a key when she left us and was discovered asleep on our doorstep 2 hours later under a Sheffield United flag. She's a Blade alright.
I'm sure i couldve accommodated her ;)

Good afternoon to one and all. The time is four thirty and i've just surfaced !! To be honest, I cant decide which is worse, the hangover or United's performance yesterday. Deadbat's report is spot on for those that weren't there and after getting turned over so easily, I'm beginning to have a few doubts if we'll make an automatic promotion spot this season.
Our midfield were dreadful and the overall performance was unrecognisable from last saturday against Stevenage, the decision to bring back McMahon for Westlake a big surprise (although I didn't see the Crewe game)
Vintage day again at Brentford and the hangover well worth it after meeting Swiss, Balham, Highbury and Sheff among others. Great session in the Magpie & Crown after the game, much singing and banter with some really friendly away fans and the final few beers were taken in the Fire Station at Waterloo station before weaving my way into the night.
Thanks for a very enjoyable time guys, hope to see you again quite soon

I felt great this morning, up at 9, brekkie on oxford st then off to the airport. I knew I'd had enough last night in the fire station, I was a tad wobbly :)

Stuck to the Shandy, you should have all stuck to Shandy ....

I felt great this morning, up at 9, brekkie on oxford st then off to the airport. I knew I'd had enough last night in the fire station, I was a tad wobbly :)

Impressive performance mate, I take my hat off to yer. "Up at 9 " ? So was I but I was spewing my guts up. :(

At 52 years old, I feel my best drinking days may be behind me. As my dear old mum used to say to me: "You should act your age, not your shoe size" .

Impressive performance mate, I take my hat off to yer. "Up at 9 " ? So was I but I was spewing my guts up. :(

At 52 years old, I feel my best drinking days may be behind me. As my dear old mum used to say to me: "You should act your age, not your shoe size" .

Yes I was pleased with the lack of hangover, considering I tried everything to avoid having a shot before eventually giving in I thought I'd feel shite.

Youre not too old, just need more practice.

I managed to play a full 90 in goal today but didn't feel too clever when I got home last night. I'm going to blame the jetlag but the beers probably didn't help! I fell asleep on the sofa as Match of the Day started.

"I'm a rambler, I'm a rambler
I'm a long way from home
I'll follow United from Sheffield to Rome
I'll eat when I'm hungry
I'll drink when I'm dry
I'll follow United until the day I die"

Good to meet Sheff de party, SwissBlade and Blackheath Blade and catch up with Greenwich Blade, Highbury_Blade and anyone else I've forgotten.

Sheff de party that's a great story about Adelaide Blade (as I've named her); it just about tops Highbury_Blade's bus ride home. Na na na na, she's Blade and she's a Blade.

Back
Top Bottom