Brentford Away - London Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be coming over for this one (provided I can get a ticket)

Who else is going and whats the normal situation for getting up to Brentford, drinking etc.

We'll be having a sat night session in london, which will probably end at 8pm due to my inability to drink anymore :)

I will be going. I might go to that pub I went to with Olle and Balham last season for a bit. Did some nice ales.

I love Brentford, as it's right on my doorstep :D

I will be going. I might go to that pub I went to with Olle and Balham last season for a bit. Did some nice ales.

I love Brentford, as it's right on my doorstep :D

Right on my doorstep too - it's been a while since I could walk to and from a game.

SwissBlade We started on Kew Green at a microbrewery/pub last season. I'm sure the LBs will be out and about: who knows, Highbury_Blade might even put down the scuba gear and bike for this one.

Right on my doorstep too - it's been a while since I could walk to and from a game.

SwissBlade We started on Kew Green at a microbrewery/pub last season. I'm sure the LBs will be out and about: who knows, Highbury_Blade might even put down the scuba gear and bike for this one.

Rather typically, the bike race i've got the day after the brentford game is my local race, so i should really turn up for it. But i think i'll more than likely be going to the game, going on the piss afterwards, and ergo not turning up for the race.

Good news fellas, sounds like there'll be a few of us there, so I can put faces to forum names and actual names!

I think Ollessendro is crying off this one as he'll have gone biking up a slight incline the day before and managed to take 46 wrong turns ending up in Swansea

Not London Blades, but we're on the 7am Megabus down.

Last year we just ended up in one of the pubs right at the ground, not sure what we're doing this year yet.

I met up with a few mates from Sheffield before the game in the Beehive on Brentford High Street which served some decent ale.
After the game, I remember meeting most of the London Blades for the first time in an Irish pub called O'Riordans, about ten minutes walk from the ground.

Vintage day and evening that was, looking forward to hopefully meeting up with a few of you on 24 November.

I'll be there!
Tried two out of the four pubs around the ground last year - me thinks the other two may be worth a visit!

I love going to Brentford. Any of the 4 pubs on the ground corners are sound, although the one we went in last season had some geezer near us who kept opening the doors to hell from his bowels. I might stand outside next time.

Ok, flights booked, my mates will come down on the train and meet me in London in the morning, think we'll have a couple of scoops in london village before heading to Brentford.

Anyone wanting to meet in London first, that place in Kew Gardens sounds a decent place to start

Not sure about this one yet muckers. I am really struggling financially at the moment. I have just taken 2 weeks of between jobs unpaid. On top of this I have been fucked by the Cycle to Work scheme. I bought a bike for a grand on the cycle to work scheme, to be paid back out of my wages over a year (tax free). Top banana, hardly noticed the 80 quid being taken out of my salary each month. However a good job opporunity came up and I have taken it. The result is that I have had to pay the 'loan' back in full. They do not transfer between organisations, despite them both taking part in the scheme! Fuck wits. So not only have I lost 2 weeks wages, I have had 800 sheets (the remainder of what I owe on the bike) taken out of my final salary. Like I say, November is going to be a tough month. As I have been to Giffin Park before, I will probably have to give this on a miss.

It is probably a good thing I do not come, as the last time that SwissBlade tried to drink with Ollessendro he was in bed before 8pm. He was forcing the pace, but then crashed and burned. We were just sitting down for some snap in an Exeter curry house (to line our stomach's for more ale) when he announced he was going to bed. He's probably better drinking with moDtheGod or some of the other lightweights. The only solution I can see is that if Swiss and the London Blades that are going each chip in and form a kitty for Ollessendro. It would be worth it of course: for the banter, inteligent conversation, tactical awareness and good humour. So what do you say boys? We should pull together in these difficult economic times ......

(Oh and the Botanist is a good meeting place. Excellent real ale pub and brewery. 6 or so real ales, all brewed on the premises, are sold. All of top condition. It's a good ale house and not a long walk to Brentford. Especially if you stagger the walk to take in a few of the Kew and Brentford pubs)

It is probably a good thing I do not come, as the last time that SwissBlade tried to drink with Ollessendro he was in bed before 8pm. He was forcing the pace, but then crashed and burned. We were just sitting down for some snap in an Exeter curry house (to line our stomach's for more ale) when he announced he was going to bed. He's probably better drinking with moDtheGod or some of the other lightweights. The only solution I can see is that if Swiss and the London Blades that are going each chip in and form a kitty for Ollessendro. It would be worth it of course: for the banter, inteligent conversation, tactical awareness and good humour. So what do you say boys? We should pull together in these difficult economic times ......

Ha ha It was a bad day mate, I hammered it but had no stamina when we went for a curry. No excuses, I went at it like a bull in a chinashop and blew it. A bit like your hill climbing technique!

As for funding your piss up. I'll make a deal, I'll fund your session if you buy a tyre for my car ;) (the tyre will be a brand of my choice)

I will be there, especially as Brentford is my closest game of the season.

So Olle, as November is your austerity month, does this mean your trip to Swindon complete with car-share is in danger?

Greenwich Blade - do not worry, Swindon is defo on. It's a new ground for me. Plus, with the car share and me driving (therefore me not supping a gallon of ale) then it will not cost too much.

No great shame in not keeping up with Ollessendro SwissBlade. moDtheGod has tried it a few times and usually ends up going home early and/or acting like a little girl that has just ate her last sweet. No way I am forking out for a tyre on your Chelsea tractor. What about if I promise to drink lager??! ;)

Olle, can't have you missing this one mate, i'll happily chip in a few quid for yer. We can have a chat at Swindon if you like?

ermmmm

I think Bow is the answer to this question?
Hahaha, just down the road from me in Stratford!

Make sure you bring your passports, we try to avoid letting scruffy East-End oiks into the leafy West :)

Nice and easy for you gents to get to Kew to start the Kew and Brentford ale trail, expertly guided by myself, Ollessendro and moDtheGod
ah nice one

anyone know if its going to be hard to get a ticket for this? dont fancy sitting with the brentford lot but i guess i will if needs be.

Doubt it - we sold out Orient which was 500+ fewer tickets but only at General Sale. Terrace tickets might be a little harder to come by though.

We sold out last season, but I think it went to general sale. Seats went first. Maybe we will sell out, as it is a good day out, but I do not expect as many will be as up for it as last year. Perhaps if we are still unbeaten ......

Back
Top Bottom