Match Thread Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 2nd October 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1633158099714.png v. 1633158108193.png
Championship Week 11 - Saturday 2nd October 2021 - 15:00 - Dean Court

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Bournemouth vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee:
Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Adrian Waters
Fourth Official: Charles Breakspear

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-10-02 at 08.00.48.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Can you provide any areas where we’ve been competent? Got loyse written all over it
TalkSport half time reporter "It's the away side who are bossing this one". Not saying we'll win but a neutral is cleat that he thinks we're the better side.

We need speed, hopefully Moose is on it!

Blades the better team that half. As always, it’s the final 1/3 where we let ourselves down.

when Norwood is good he is great. but that is only against teams that come to park the bus, but he's alot like scholes (not in talent 😄 ) but that he's easy to play against. just got to keep him in our half as he useless defensively. as we found out last season

a thing that few times today, that suttly has come into this squad last 18months - 2 years. needs to be stamped out quickly is use giving gifts to opposition it happened too many times in premier then just this season like Huddersfield, Peterborough, Preston & nearly Derby. if it wasnt for handing goals on a plate to these teams it wouldve been much easier day. but we are our own worst enemy & more charitious than oxfam at times
I can't believe you have pit Norwood & Scholes in the same sentence?? Scholes easy to play against? One of the best midfielders this country has produced.

Fairly even first half. We've caused them a lot of problems down the left. We've caused ourselves a fair few problems at the back as well.

The conditions are terrible, both sides are playing stupidly.

Maybe Billy can prove us wrong second half but could be worth taking a punt on McBurnie.

Hmm, doing okay, but I just cannot see us scoring even with the decent amount of possession we've had.

Every time Bournemouth get near our defence, I worry!

Norwood has been awful, Furious was having a 'mare, so MGW has been very quiet.

Ozzy has been our standout for me so far.

Baldock offering absolutely nothing going forward. Norwood a complete liability. Olsen causing no end of problems for us with playing it out short and putting us under immediate pressure. Sharp not making the most of opportunities again. GW and Fleck anonymous. Saying all that we were still the better team!

We re doing ok, strong away performance so far. Greasy pitch and constant rain means ball zipping everywhere.
We should be 2 up. Billy one on one over bar (not sure if he was offside or not?)
And then Davies did everything right headed it down from corner at back post and it bounced over bar.
Most of our play down left side with Ozzy running his socks off.
Battled well across park.
Blades fans in good voice.
UTB

I think we are doing okay all things considered, but we need to find a reliable scorer quickly, even Billy is struggling to hit the target this season. One thing I am worried about is that B'mouth are looking for a long diagonal over Baldock's head & although nothing has come of it yet if they get it right we will concede from it.

Overall a fairly even first half in terrible weather conditions, I live in Spain so have multiple streams to choose from although some not working today, The official United stream went down so I found a Bournemouth stream with Bournemouth commentary, got to so much better than listening to Kevin Gage drone on, and on.
Standout moments have been Norwoods three "giveaways" and Billy's miss, Norwood could have cost us big time, and I'm not usually a "knocker"! His other "giveaway" stopped us getting the ball into their box, and of course gave them the chance to break.
I still minded to think we should take Billy off and put McBurnie or Brewster on (it's not a day for Moussett). We are not out of the game and could sneak a cheeky win.

Of the two teams we have been the better. Billy should have bagged but is getting into good positions. Fleck steps up in second half its game ON..

Back
Top Bottom