Black.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
Looking at a training pic today.
Do we now have the most black players ever to play for us?
I know colour isn't important, especially if you're colour blind. But i'm asking anyway.
Over to the statto types.

Looking at a training pic today.
Do we now have the most black players ever to play for us?
I know colour isn't important, especially if you're colour blind. But i'm asking anyway.
Over to the statto types.
Without looking at numbers I would yes!

Probably had a week off for extra bleaching!

It's a weird question, so here's a weird answer.
Do you class Souza as black? Archer's dad is as white as I am. I wouldn't be surprised is half of the players you'd class as black are actually mixed race.

Do you class Souza as black? Archer's dad is as white as I am. I wouldn't be surprised is half of the players you'd class as black are actually mixed race.
But, do they wish to be classed as "mixed race", or do they prefer "black"??, its a very foggy area these days, they might even be offended being referred to as "he", they could be "they", difficult times!!

We've probably got the most number of non-white and foreign-born players ever. Not surprising to say we're competing in the best / most lucrative league in the world, that attracts the best players in the world. Even when recruiting at home there are more non-white Brits than ever.

But, do they wish to be classed as "mixed race", or do they prefer "black"??, its a very foggy area these days, they might even be offended being referred to as "he", they could be "they", difficult times!!
Without sounding too woke.
It's actually helping us (ok older people like myself) to stop categorising people. Whether I think there's 2 or more genders is irrelevant, but things certainly aren't black or white (literally) anymore, and that's fine.
And, rather than ask what race everyone identifies as, questions like "how many black guys are in our team" will soon die out. They're footballers, and even if a race debate has only stopped because it got too confusing, it's still a pretty good outcome.

If I was to answer your question, I reckon most mixed race people would identify as mixed race or black though.

Mad to think that Stephen Graham is mixed race. He seems to have grown paler as he got older

1704445141836.png

1704445095666.png

Mad to think that Stephen Graham is mixed race. He seems to have grown paler as he got older

View attachment 177155

View attachment 177154
Bloody hell, I wouldn't have guessed that. His complexion is one thing but his blue eyes completely threw me off.
What an actor that fella is.
I remember seeing a picture of Bob Marley's (white cowboy looking) dad and realising how little kids can look like their parents as they grow older.

Without sounding too woke.
It's actually helping us (ok older people like myself) to stop categorising people. Whether I think there's 2 or more genders is irrelevant, but things certainly aren't black or white (literally) anymore, and that's fine.
And, rather than ask what race everyone identifies as, questions like "how many black guys are in our team" will soon die out. They're footballers, and even if a race debate has only stopped because it got too confusing, it's still a pretty good outcome.

If I was to answer your question, I reckon most mixed race people would identify as mixed race or black though.
Firstly, the "Woke" term, is just more made up bollocks that some idiot started using to appear cool, never heard it before last year, and still have no idea what the fuck its supposed to mean?
And I agree with you, I don't understand the relevance of a players skin colour, whether he/she be black, white, brown, pink, yellow or blue, can they play football and are they good enough, they're my biggest issues.
But, I'm guessing that in a couple of years, it will be against humanity to decide a player isn't good enough, and you'll be punished with laser branding of some shite!

Firstly, the "Woke" term, is just more made up bollocks that some idiot started using to appear cool, never heard it before last year, and still have no idea what the fuck its supposed to mean?
And I agree with you, I don't understand the relevance of a players skin colour, whether he/she be black, white, brown, pink, yellow or blue, can they play football and are they good enough, they're my biggest issues.
But, I'm guessing that in a couple of years, it will be against humanity to decide a player isn't good enough, and you'll be punished with laser branding of some shite!
I'm starting to make my own definition up for the term woke, and I dont actually hate it like I used to.
My parents brought me up to be nice to good people, look after the ones that need support and lift up the ones that need a hand. I'm aware of colour and gender etc, I'm not blind, but without sounding cliche it's how a person acts and thinks that is what he or she should be judged on.
That all goes without saying, here's the woke part..
If you class having a female referee as "being woke", not only are you using the word wrong, but you're a problem and you just don't like change or inclusivity.
However, if you demand that your hairdresser opens up a conversation by saying "do you mind if I touch you, and what are your preferred pronouns?" (like a certain viral video going around at the moment) then it seems pushy, excessive, and dare I say...Woke.

Think he means non-white....🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom