CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

By the same token are they going to be shipping 8 at home to Newcastle?
They've managed to beat Everton away from home who we drew against.
They took 4 points off us last season.

It's a lot closer than a 'what are you smoking?' comment.
Everton's away record this season: P3 W1 D1 L1

Everton's home record this season: P4 W0 D0 L4.

There's a strong argument that beating Everton is easier at Goodison.

I know this was a jokey comment, but didn't he score a header the other day in the cup?

Think he did yes

I’m just taking poking the fans who said he was awful cause he didn’t win headers

We miss him big time so far this year

I'm not saying he wasn't their best player;) but that isn't a hard competition to win.

I'd be interested to see how many total yards those passes amount to and how many went forward to someone in space rather than sideways or backwards.

Burnley were dismal, maybe not the most dismal team I've seen this season, but that's the hollowest of hollow victories.

What a load of bollocks

Some people watch every game with their eyes shut or just don't understand the game, it's that simple

Hiding? He was driving us forward and dragging us into the final third in multiple games last season. As for the football vision comment that's just absolutely mental.
I’m with the guy you’re replying to. He hid all the time. Most games he was the best player on the pitch bar Ndiaye ability wise and how often did he show it?

He simply doesn’t possess the attitude to be a top footballer, despite largely having the ability.

I’m with the guy you’re replying to. He hid all the time. Most games he was the best player on the pitch bar Ndiaye ability wise and how often did he show it?

He simply doesn’t possess the attitude to be a top footballer, despite largely having the ability.
No he didn't, that's a myth.
He showed it pretty often, you earned us several points on his own.

Why was everyone on here saying how good he was then? It was always 'we need to keep Ndiaye and Berge'. Suddenly we sell him and he's shit.
Right load of bollocks.

No he didn't, that's a myth.
He showed it pretty often, you earned us several points on his own.

Why was everyone on here saying how good he was then? It was always 'we need to keep Ndiaye and Berge'. Suddenly we sell him and he's shit.
Right load of bollocks.
I’ve honestly never raved about him, nor do I think he’s shit.

He’s an underachiever and a shirker. He’s also a very good footballer. He got away with it at championship level because he’s far too good to play there. Just my view.

Interested in which games he earned is points in alone though.

He’s an underachiever and a shirker. He’s also a very good footballer. He got away with it at championship level because he’s far too good to play there. Just my view.

Thought under Wilder first season he grabbed a few goals I remember at Tottenham he was excellent and grabbed a goal too.

By virtue of being the one dragging us into the oppositions half, starting attacks when we were under the cosh etc.

Can I name you them? By the same token I can't actually name the games Ndiaye won us apart from Fulham away 2 years ago, no but I definitely watched them. And in Ndiaye's case it was a lot. And so did you.

By virtue of being the one dragging us into the oppositions half, starting attacks when we were under the cosh etc.

Can I name you them? By the same token I can't actually name the games Ndiaye won us apart from Fulham away 2 years ago, no but I definitely watched them. And in Ndiaye's case it was a lot. And so did you.
calm down mate, I’m only asking.

I disagree that he started attacks when we were under the cosh. When we were desperate for someone to hold the ball, win tackles and calm us down, he was nowhere to be seen. He was often great when we were battering teams though.

He cannot head, absolutely cannot tackle and doesn’t possess the “grab the game by the scruff of the neck” mentality. He’ll make a handsome living from football, but I doubt he’ll play at a better level than Burnley. He simply doesn’t possess the mental attitude.

He cannot head, absolutely cannot tackle and doesn’t possess the “grab the game by the scruff of the neck” mentality. He’ll make a handsome living from football, but I doubt he’ll play at a better level than Burnley. He simply doesn’t possess the mental attitude.
It was interesting to compare him to Sandro Tonali on Saturday. I'm sure someone can show me some numbers that make it clear that technically Berge is as good if not better, so is attitude alone worth an extra £50m?

You can see Tonali's hero, Gennaro Gattuso, in everything he does. I suspect that having that in your midfield week in week out is something every club in Europe would want. Berge's lukewarm man calmness, less so.

I always thought Berge's best position was RM or wide right.

I understood why we used him more centrally at times, especially in the Champ, but he's far better with the ball going forward than facing it.

I was disappointed when I heard he was going, to Burnley especially, but when the fee became clear and Hamer came in, I thought it was a really good bit of business.

However, whilst Hamer has scored a couple of nice goals for us so far, he doesn't look after the ball as good as Berge and gives it away more.

Berge probably played his best game for Norway last night. Holding midfield. Good defensively and offensively. MoM, according to a few.

Read a recent interview with him. He says it was tough leaving Sheffield United. When asked about underperforming/losing his place for Norway, he mentions injuries and also playing in many different roles for the Blades, therefore not getting the continuity that may have been needed to become a first choice for Norway.

(Personally I think that's an exaggeration regarding his role for us. We've played 3-5-2 since 2016, apart from a short spell under Slavisa, and Sander's usually played RCM in a three, then also doing well as a central pairing with Doyle towards the end of last season).

Some quickly translated quotes about things at Burnley:

It's night and day regarding how I wish to play football. I've always been a ball player. At Sheffield United we had a different approach. However, the three and a half years there has done me well and helped me develop other parts of my game.

On Kompany:

It's an enormous learning process with him. Every day it's 7-8 hours of hard work. We have a young and hungry group of players that Kompany will try to gel. He's had Guardiola as manager, and without going into too much detail, one understands very specifically what he wants to see in every single role. It's demanding. There's no quick fix. It's been revolutionary for me. He's focusing on technical things like body shape and where to position yourself on the pitch. It is very clear and obvious how we want to appear for 90 minutes. It's very enjoyable to feel like an important part of such a team.

Glad he got plenty of boos today, including myself.

No other reason moving to Burnley than for money. Sideway step.

The most over rated player ever for SUFC.

South Sea Blade here's a tissue

The other reason is that he fancied their chances over ours. And although I think they'll be coming down with us, you can see after today why he thought it..

They're a lot less wank than we are.

The other reason is that he fancied their chances over ours. And although I think they'll be coming down with us, you can see after today why he thought it..

I do agree CM but it wasn't a great move what he should have got in reality.

I think this is exactly why he jumped ship.

Remember at the time we were days away from the season opening.
Having only signed Traore, Slimane and Souza.

You can imagine in training Sanders thinking "we are seriously undercooked". With no sign of anything happening at that point.

Looking back now you can understand his hesitancy to sign a new deal and then his wish to leave. We did nothing to sway him or his agent that we wouldn't go straight down in a very poor fashion.
Turns out Berge is right.

You do know we wanted to sell him?

Abdullah admitted as much. We’ve been trying to get rid for 3 transfer windows and finally got an offer that the club found acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom