CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seven of the team who beat Palace on the first day 2017 are still here. That's two thirds of a starting 11 . And there's more to come

The one who scored isn’t (Lunny). The striker who assisted / scored in several games isn’t either (Moose).

We also had peak Fleck.

I’m not sure what your point is tbh, apart from there’s been little change since that point apart from losing some creativity now?

Burnley
Fucking Burnley

We have less ambition and less kudos and much less money than Burnley.

Burnley
Fucking Burnley.
Well, Burnley have consistently been a PL side for most of the time since they beat us at Wembley to go up to the top flight (for the first time since the 60s IIRC), while we imploded and spent most of that time in League One.

Maybe if our players hadn't chosen that day to inexplicably put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen it could have been the other way around, but if you think we're a bigger club than Burnley you're living in the 90s.

If anything that highlights how poor our squad building/progression has been. Don't see it as a positive at all sorry lad.
So you don't rate Baldock Egan and others ...we aren't going to make any one happy if you don't rate the stalwarts

So you wanted 25 new players?

We need to spend half a billion to stay up in your opinion

It’s a backward step whichever way you look at it. Selling one of our best players (and he undoubtedly is) to a relegation rival and without the consent of the manager (no way Hecky would approve this sale). Utter madness.

It’s a backward step whichever way you look at it. Selling one of our best players (and he undoubtedly is) to a relegation rival and without the consent of the manager (no way Hecky would approve this sale). Utter madness.

One of out best players in the championship (with the ball) - without doubt

One of our best players in the premier league (without the ball) - doubtful.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Let's be honest. Berge was a complete waste of money who never lived up to his potential and was content to just cruise along in 2nd gear without ever actually doing anything of note. He's not going to make a difference to Burnley's relegation fight because he's just not that good.

You carry on believing that even though Hecky has just refuted that idiotic rumour.
Admittedly I haven't watched the interview yet but I have seen the quote below. It doesn't exactly refute the claims, just that PH quite rightly wouldn't allow it. Unless he said something else to suggest it was nonsense?

1691675178945.png

I assume the "he" is Souza? I don't recall seeing Berge make a single tackle, never mind a crunching one. And as for headers, funny how he's so tall and yet so many balls manage to go right over his head.
That’s the irony 🤣

Good luck Sander. Seems a nice lad, and while he never really hit the heights for us, I do think his development was cruelly curtailed by Covid. There's a reason he was linked with far bigger clubs than us, and I think there is a player in there somewhere, if he finds a club who plays a system that suits him. Whether Burnley will be that club I'm not sure, it seems to be, at best, a sideways step for him, but who knows.

I don't feel any ill-will towards him. It does seem like United effectively forced his hand. A sad end (for us) to a story that started so positively.

You carry on believing that even though Hecky has just refuted that idiotic rumour.
Hecky isn't really in a position where he can speak freely to be fair. It's not an idiotic rumour, I'm not an idiot. Have a look at why James Shields is on gardening leave? The same happened with Ndiaye and he's sick of having to lie. I'm not throwing insults I'm just carefully repeating what I've heard from those who work there. I wish you well and hope this situation sorts itself for the better for all Blades 👍🏽

Hecky isn't really in a position where he can speak freely to be fair. It's not an idiotic rumour, I'm not an idiot. Have a look at why James Shields is on gardening leave? The same happened with Ndiaye and he's sick of having to lie. I'm not throwing insults I'm just carefully repeating what I've heard from those who work there. I wish you well and hope this situation sorts itself for the better for all Blades 👍🏽

Maybe there's some truth in this if we needed to shift Berge to get Hamer in.

It could well be complete BS, but Hecky also said: "If there's been other conversations gone one then you need to ask other people"

It doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility that someone above Hecky (i.e. Bettis) could have done that without Hecky's knowledge.

I liked Sander and thought that there was a real top class player in there. He was unlucky with injuries and Covid and he actually seemed like a really nice guy also.
With the ball and in a team dominating, he oozed class. Without the ball and when up against it, he more often than not disappeared.
In the Championship against so called inferior players and teams, there were games when a true top class player would have dominated and controlled the game. Sadly he did not do this either.
I would say that we saw about 15-20% of him at best.
I really hope that he can fulfil this potential elsewhere, not convinced that Burnley is the right place but hey ho.
If we can get Hamer in to replace him then we will see much much more end product and for me is a perfectly acceptable ‘swap’
All the best Sander but you will probably soon be forgotten.

I liked Sander and thought that there was a real top class player in there. He was unlucky with injuries and Covid and he actually seemed like a really nice guy also.
With the ball and in a team dominating, he oozed class. Without the ball and when up against it, he more often than not disappeared.
In the Championship against so called inferior players and teams, there were games when a true top class player would have dominated and controlled the game. Sadly he did not do this either.
I would say that we saw about 15-20% of him at best.
I really hope that he can fulfil this potential elsewhere, not convinced that Burnley is the right place but hey ho.
If we can get Hamer in to replace him then we will see much much more end product and for me is a perfectly acceptable ‘swap’
All the best Sander but you will probably soon be forgotten.
Sander who??

Jan Åge Fjørtoft was just on TV and said he'd asked Berge (off camera) why he left Sheffield United for Burnley. Fjørtoft didn't quote him, but said something like "Sheffield United were a bit disorganised and with one year left of a players' contract you want to cash in - they had already cashed in on Ndiaye to Marseille."

That depends on whether the money received allows us to have a couple of good players.

Fuck him, let him enjoy playing in that dump that is Turf Moor.Sky have been creaming over Kompany and the yanks, they’re well and truly fucked if they get relegated.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on, as I see that he’s in the team.

Don't think I'll enjoy watching him for another team as on his day he's one of the best I've seen in recent years.

But, onwards and upwards. Think we may have signed a better replacement in Hamer that could be more consistent for us.

Be interesting to see how Berge gets on, I hold no ill-feeling towards him and by all accounts a thoroughly decent bloke and professional that played a huge part in getting us promoted again.

Pretty surprised they've thrown him straight in against the best team in the world when he only signed on Wednesday. McAtee on the bench for City too.

Jan Åge Fjørtoft was just on TV and said he'd asked Berge (off camera) why he left Sheffield United for Burnley. Fjørtoft didn't quote him, but said something like "Sheffield United were a bit disorganised and with one year left of a players' contract you want to cash in - they had already cashed in on Ndiaye to Marseille."

All evidentially true.

Back
Top Bottom