Berge season over

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I actually went to see Dortmund the weekend we signed Berge and Haaland had a few weeks before gone there. He stole the show in their game.

Whilst I was excited we’d got Sander, he wasn’t anywhere near, as we then saw with it taking him a while to adjust. It was a bad move for the club to sell him as he’d have been better than any of our midfielders this season. Good news for us, I suppose, if he is out. By all accounts he’s been Burnley’s best player this season, so we might not finish bottom now.

Haaland had also (in 2020) just won the Golden Boy award (literally European Young Player of the Year) and scored 6 in 6 for Norway, having signed for Dortmund after averaging more than a goal a game for Red Bull Salzburg, and scored 9 in a game at the U20s World Cup. Came from nowhere the lad, whilst scouts could only talk about Berge and Slimane.
Wish I was someone’s Golden Boy 👦😔

I actually went to see Dortmund the weekend we signed Berge and Haaland had a few weeks before gone there. He stole the show in their game.

Whilst I was excited we’d got Sander, he wasn’t anywhere near, as we then saw with it taking him a while to adjust. It was a bad move for the club to sell him as he’d have been better than any of our midfielders this season. Good news for us, I suppose, if he is out. By all accounts he’s been Burnley’s best player this season, so we might not finish bottom now.
Haaland scored a hattrick on his Dortmund debut IIRC. All the more impressive given that he came on as a sub in the 70th minute.

Haaland now benefits from Man City's fantastic ability to play out from the back, but Pep didn't invent it.....

He certainly didn't. Queens Park did in the 1860s.

(great goal though).

There were 2 reasons that Sander got mentioned in the same breath as Haaland,

1, they are both Norwegian
2, Jurgen Klopp once put his arm around Sander, ergo he must be good

To compare the two at any stage of their respective careers is just stupid

We’ve no money. Everyone’s getting the sack

When the pigeons are soaked by the sprinklers all will be revealed

Ooh, Berge out for the season then?
"The new 10 year catering contract has divided the dressing room completely. Wilder saying that it wasn't deserved and should have been earned".
"Broken promises, broken showers, broken players. We are about to go under".
"I come in peace....shoot to kill"!
utb

Back
Top Bottom