Berge Injured?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have a really poor success ratio when it comes to record signings.

You could only really say James Beattie and John Egan have turned out to be genuinely worthwhile signings, possibly Mousset for his first season too.

Akinbiyi possibly gets a shout for winning us a couple of vital points in the 06 promotion season. McBurnie also instrumental in wins against Spurs, Chelsea and Brighton plus got us the point at home to Man U…but could probably have got better value elsewhere.

Berge, Robinson, Freeman and John Ebrell all a waste of money for whatever reason.

John Brayford is another example of the curse we seem to have when we do splash the cash. Claude Davies as well…got a season out of him but ultimately not Premier League standard and quickly got shut. Didn’t get much for our money in Billy Sharp’s second season either.
Totally agree, the best team I've seen which topped the league in 1971 hardly cost anything compared to the millions wasted on crap today - we developed our own players- guys with the right attitude!
Seem to remember Currie cost £30k and peanuts for the rest - much of this was down to the late, great John Harris

I was just checking when the next international break is as I know Berge should be back after it (I mean 2022 is AFTER it, I just assume Slav meant straight after it).

Did he make an appearance for us after his injury? I can't even remember. I know he was due to start then pulled up in the warm up, dropping out of the match day squad altogether but had he played some games/ minutes before that? For the life of me I can't remember.

Actually looking forward to seeing him in this side now they’ve actually got half a clue of what they should be doing, rather than what was evident before he got injured again. Might just be the shot in the arm they need…not that he’ll help us stop us conceding ridiculous goals.

He needs to put himself in the shop window so here’s hoping he comes back firing. By god we need someone in there!

hope our board don’t bottle it and sell in January. He will be worth no less now than compared to the end of the season

Actually looking forward to seeing him in this side now they’ve actually got half a clue of what they should be doing, rather than what was evident before he got injured again. Might just be the shot in the arm they need…not that he’ll help us stop us conceding ridiculous goals.

He needs to put himself in the shop window so here’s hoping he comes back firing. By god we need someone in there!

Shop window is fine as long as he doesn't get mistaken for one of the other mannequins.

I was just checking when the next international break is as I know Berge should be back after it (I mean 2022 is AFTER it, I just assume Slav meant straight after it).

Did he make an appearance for us after his injury? I can't even remember. I know he was due to start then pulled up in the warm up, dropping out of the match day squad altogether but had he played some games/ minutes before that? For the life of me I can't remember.

He came on and scored what should have been the winner against Preston.

I think he said that he would be joining the squad training after the break, not being ready to play.

Came on as sub v Preston and scored. He was due to start at Hull but pulled out during the warm up

Perhaps Berge is suffering the same as the rest of the squad over the las 18 months? He was a talented and promising player when he arrived. Suddenly, he’s now worthless? Injuries apart, Sheffield United happened to him. That’s the only reason he is no longer a saleable asset!
Just in case of doubt, I have sprinkled this post with sarcasm. :)

What sarcasm ?

Sander is head and shoulders above the rest of our squad. He’s quality. I can’t I understand what people watch at times.

Im gutted he’s had the injuries, I’d like to watch him play for us for years to come.

Same people who thought Walker, McGuire and Calvert-Lewin weren’t you to much.

I think I didn't have much bad things to say about Berge's playing when he was on the pitch. It's so long ago tho that can't remember precise..

Sander is head and shoulders above the rest of our squad. He’s quality. I can’t I understand what people watch at times.

Im gutted he’s had the injuries, I’d like to watch him play for us for years to come.

He's certainly head and shoulders and then some over Fleck.

totally agree gav if we can get him fit again he walks in to this team and another 2 or 3 additions in january and this season is far from over quite a few teams in the top half of the table who will fade away after christmas

If his ambitions match his ability he should be forcing a move come January.

Still can’t believe we spent £120m on players and only 1 was worth it and we sold him. Yet people still rightly revere the leadership for the meteoric rise but no attach no blame for the unmitigated demolition of the club in 1 season.

Back
Top Bottom