Berge Injured?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His performances doesn't warrant anyone shelling out big bucks for him. Not playing matches won't get any other clubs excited to stump up wads of cash. Think we're stuck with his wages until his contract runs out and he returns to mid-table Belgian or Norwegian League football. Add his cost to the wasted Brewster/Mcb millions.....

I hope he's fit again soon as I can't take much more of Norwood and Fleck stealing a living by pretending to be professional footballers. Hourihane must be shite in training if he can't get the shirts off them.

He's had one of the worst injuries you can get in football: a grade three hamstring injury. It doesn't get the headlines of a broken bone or an ACL, but it can be just as devastating for a career. In his case the muscle completely detached. He may never be the same again, and could be plagued by hamstring problems forever more. That said, I would question the managements rehabilitation of Berge. Heckingbottom injured him again, playing him twice a week when he was coming back. This season, we had no real pre season and did the same when he was blowing in most games. It's little wonder he broke down again.

He's had one of the worst injuries you can get in football: a grade three hamstring injury. It doesn't get the headlines of a broken bone or an ACL, but it can be just as devastating for a career. In his case the muscle completely detached. He may never be the same again, and could be plagued by hamstring problems forever more. That said, I would question the managements rehabilitation of Berge. Heckingbottom injured him again, playing him twice a week when he was coming back. This season, we had no real pre season and did the same when he was blowing in most games. It's little wonder he broke down again.
Honestly one of the worst muscle injuries an athlete can get. The detachment completely compromises the relationship between muscle, ligament and bone. There was a sprinter a few years ago that had a similar injury and it basically cut in half his ability to generate force.

I hope he's fit again soon as I can't take much more of Norwood and Fleck stealing a living by pretending to be professional footballers. Hourihane must be shite in training if he can't get the shirts off them.
Because results were so much more positive when Berge was in the team? :)

Does anyone else genuinely forget Berge plays for us?

Unless his wages are absolutely ruining us financially I don’t feel loaning him out is the right thing to do though. Get him fit if possible, playing and sold in the summer
If I do a mental count of our squad I sometimes forget him. Says it all.

Is that similar to what Owen suffered. His hamstring was hanging by a thread by his mid 20’s?

He is poor and a waste of money. For example he's how tall, but neshes out of headers????? Really?
But to be fair Tony Cascarino or Niall Quinn never burst through challenges to offer a driving force through the lines. Don’t try and make him Jostein Flo just because he’s tall. It’s not what he does. (Tho if he could head a ball he’d be useful!)

Perhaps Berge is suffering the same as the rest of the squad over the las 18 months? He was a talented and promising player when he arrived. Suddenly, he’s now worthless? Injuries apart, Sheffield United happened to him. That’s the only reason he is no longer a saleable asset!
Just in case of doubt, I have sprinkled this post with sarcasm. :)

Perhaps Berge is suffering the same as the rest of the squad over the las 18 months? He was a talented and promising player when he arrived. Suddenly, he’s now worthless? Injuries apart, Sheffield United happened to him. That’s the only reason he is no longer a saleable asset!
Just in case of doubt, I have sprinkled this post with sarcasm. :)
Not so strange really though Chas. Been so many garden rake moments over the years.
Thought Berge was an early building block, good times to follow. Sheffield United happened,

I get the feeling we'll see him play a couple more times before he's sold to whoever. He's played over 30 games for us but to me it feels like about 15 at most..

He's been a strange signing.

I think there have to be questions asked over the way we've handled him. Playing him too soon on injuries and throwing his straight in when he signed. Both not good in terms of his fitness and health.

As a player, you could see how he struggled with the pace of the game when he first arrived. He was sweating like a pig after 50 minutes but you could see he was giving everything. His latter games have been the opposite. He seems to strolls through games and only getting fed up and pushing himself in short bursts.

Hopefully he'll be back in the new year but I doubt he'll be here for long.

We have a really poor success ratio when it comes to record signings.

You could only really say James Beattie and John Egan have turned out to be genuinely worthwhile signings, possibly Mousset for his first season too.

Akinbiyi possibly gets a shout for winning us a couple of vital points in the 06 promotion season. McBurnie also instrumental in wins against Spurs, Chelsea and Brighton plus got us the point at home to Man U…but could probably have got better value elsewhere.

Berge, Robinson, Freeman and John Ebrell all a waste of money for whatever reason.

John Brayford is another example of the curse we seem to have when we do splash the cash. Claude Davies as well…got a season out of him but ultimately not Premier League standard and quickly got shut. Didn’t get much for our money in Billy Sharp’s second season either.

He's been a strange signing.

I think there have to be questions asked over the way we've handled him. Playing him too soon on injuries and throwing his straight in when he signed. Both not good in terms of his fitness and health.

As a player, you could see how he struggled with the pace of the game when he first arrived. He was sweating like a pig after 50 minutes but you could see he was giving everything. His latter games have been the opposite. He seems to strolls through games and only getting fed up and pushing himself in short bursts.

Hopefully he'll be back in the new year but I doubt he'll be here for long.

Only pigs sweat like a pig! 😁

Hopefully sander gets back fit ASAP he is our best CM by an absolute country mile

If we can get him fit then sign a few in January hopefully should be a play off push at least

Never be the same again ?
He wasnt that good before was he ?

We have a really poor success ratio when it comes to record signings.

You could only really say James Beattie and John Egan have turned out to be genuinely worthwhile signings, possibly Mousset for his first season too.

Akinbiyi possibly gets a shout for winning us a couple of vital points in the 06 promotion season. McBurnie also instrumental in wins against Spurs, Chelsea and Brighton plus got us the point at home to Man U…but could probably have got better value elsewhere.

Berge, Robinson, Freeman and John Ebrell all a waste of money for whatever reason.

John Brayford is another example of the curse we seem to have when we do splash the cash. Claude Davies as well…got a season out of him but ultimately not Premier League standard and quickly got shut. Didn’t get much for our money in Billy Sharp’s second season either.
Don't forget the worst of the lot, Brewster

Back
Top Bottom