Berge Injured?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think back to the Crystal Palace game, when team mates had to practically force him to take the plaudits of Blades fans for his contribution in that game.
Were his team mates and all those fans wrong back then?

Think back to the Crystal Palace game, when team mates had to practically force him to take the plaudits of Blades fans for his contribution in that game.
Think back properly and you'll remember that it wasn't his great performance, it was just the catchy song, price tag and hype, the euphoria of a win and the crest of a wave that had us winning games in the PL. Don't change history and invent a performance that didn't happen.

Think back properly and you'll remember that it wasn't his great performance, it was just the catchy song, price tag and hype, the euphoria of a win and the crest of a wave that had us winning games in the PL. Don't change history and invent a performance that didn't happen.
I thought someone said ‘we never win when Berge plays’? Did that Palace game never happen then? Was I just dreaming of it, or did the whole team start going downhill not long after?
Injury, Covid, stuck in a new city to him, and not playing or training. These are not individual issues, they are cumulative.
Just saying like. :)
He did make an impact in that game, and it was recognized by fellow players and fans alike. That is not changing history, price tag or hype.

I thought someone said ‘we never win when Berge plays’? Did that Palace game never happen then? Was I just dreaming of it, or did the whole team start going downhill not long after?
Injury, Covid, stuck in a new city to him, and not playing or training. These are not individual issues, they are cumulative.
Just saying like. :)
Stating that we've never won when Berge plays would be factually incorrect so if someone has said that then pull them up on it. I don't think anyone has actually said that though.

Stating that we've never won when Berge plays would be factually incorrect so if someone has said that then pull them up on it. I don't think anyone has actually said that though.
More than one supporter on here has used it to demand his release because he’s obviously no good. (In their opinion)

More than one supporter on here has used it to demand his release because he’s obviously no good. (In their opinion)
I don't think anyone thinks he's no good. They're probably sick of the "there's a player in there" drivel that they keep hearing. If there's a play in there then it needs to start playing. All the excuses in the world don't cover the fact that if he's this hyped and massively talented player, then it needs to start manifesting itself on the football pitch. At the moment it isn't.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have said we haven’t won with Berge in the team since the start of 2020-21. W0 D4 L17. We have won 9 league games in that time.

we have also won 5 cup games in that period. Berge did not play in any of those games.

Berge was last on the winning side v Chelsea in July 2020.

Well right now he is sat in Nonna’s drinking coffee and water with Fleck and Baldock. Is this the Slav continental influence kicking in? Suppose it beats going round the corner to Two Steps for a chippy lunch for three!!

You've literally got an Avatar of Sander Berge at Palace in front of the fans 😁:D:D

Berge reminds me of my cousin.

Lovely lad, charismatic, liked by many but to his detriment, totally unreliable.

I looked up to him growing up, but I haven't seen him for a decade because i live overseas.

Whenever my Mum and Dad see him he's very affectionate and always promises to come and see them. He hardly ever does and when they see him again the same conversation and promises take place with the same result.

I love him to bits and I'd enjoy spending time with him again. But I don't rely on him at all and anything I get from him going forward is a bonus.

Right now, Sander is pretty much my cousin to Sheffield United!

Well right now he is sat in Nonna’s drinking coffee and water with Fleck and Baldock. Is this the Slav continental influence kicking in? Suppose it beats going round the corner to Two Steps for a chippy lunch for three!!
Think that’s Egan’s coffee group isn’t it? They’ve been doing it for a few years

Think that’s Egan’s coffee group isn’t it? They’ve been doing it for a few years
I'm a big coffee drinker but can't say I'm a big fan of going out to meet people for a coffee.

It takes me at most less than 10 mins to drink one. Where do you go from there?

You could always order another straight after but you never really want it.

I'm a big coffee drinker but can't say I'm a big fan of going out to meet people for a coffee.

It takes me at most less than 10 mins to drink one. Where do you go from there?

You could always order another straight after but you never really want it.
I can drag one out if I’m having a chat with someone but I agree once you’ve both supped it I start to feel awkward taking up someone’s table that they could be using for someone else.

As long as they don't end up down at Champs or Nursery Tavern.

Berge reminds me of my cousin.

Lovely lad, charismatic, liked by many but to his detriment, totally unreliable.

I looked up to him growing up, but I haven't seen him for a decade because i live overseas.

Whenever my Mum and Dad see him he's very affectionate and always promises to come and see them. He hardly ever does and when they see him again the same conversation and promises take place with the same result.

I love him to bits and I'd enjoy spending time with him again. But I don't rely on him at all and anything I get from him going forward is a bonus.

Right now, Sander is pretty much my cousin to Sheffield United!

Did Sander not come on and score the other day (that should have seen us win the match)? If we want to point to unreliable players there were one or two in that back 4.

dont write sander off just yet fleck seems to be a different player since mgw came in and i think berge linking up with those 2 as well as hourihane coming in can only make us better

Could ask you the same, what are Brighton doing being 4th in the PL?! Great start, can you keep it up?
I won't bother boring you why I think we are doing great. Ultimately it comes down Graham Potter. Pep said last year that he was the best English manager currently.
I'm hoping to finish top 110.Would be delighted. Still haven't played any of the so called be 6 yet.
I had a tenner on you winning the league. Not looking good so far.

Spot on. MGW has come in and showed how a quality midfield player should grab hold of a game. Not by languidly loping about on the right side , only moving 5 yds either side of the halfway line, but by buzzing around everywhere, wanting to get involved everywhere, always being available for the next pass, getting into position for numerous attempts on goal. For MGW now, read Duffy during his time here. And then watch Berge being our 'best player', with his 'hidden qualities'. So, tin hat on and I'll wait for the Bingo phrases to come through (yet again).
There’s no doubt MGW is a big factor in our improved play
However he’s a piece in the jigsaw as others have improved and started to play with less fear
It was obvious from the Peterborough game that the players knew what they had to do and how the manager wants to play
Tonight’s cup game was a prime example of the Slav evolution
11 changes yet they play with some composure and the same fluidity as the first 11 all knowing there roles and obviously buying into the plan
Weakness still exist and our real tests start at Boro
So getting Berge fit and playing in this system will be an added bonus
And Yes he was the standout player for the last 20 v Preston

I won't bother boring you why I think we are doing great. Ultimately it comes down Graham Potter. Pep said last year that he was the best English manager currently.
I'm hoping to finish top 110.Would be delighted. Still haven't played any of the so called be 6 yet.
I had a tenner on you winning the league. Not looking good so far.
Relax mate, you will definitely finish in the top 110.

Has there been any update on how long he will be out for?

I don't buy the 'he only wants to play for Norway; he can't be bothered with United any more' line.

BUT if he isn't fit for the Bournemouth game and then goes away with for a 2 week international break then I think we have every reason to be annoyed. Surely he'd be better staying in Sheffield, completing his rehab and then being fit and ready to go for our next game.

I don't buy the 'he only wants to play for Norway; he can't be bothered with United any more' line.

BUT if he isn't fit for the Bournemouth game and then goes away with for a 2 week international break then I think we have every reason to be annoyed. Surely he'd be better staying in Sheffield, completing his rehab and then being fit and ready to go for our next game.
Slav said yesterday Berge is still not training and might be back after the International break, so there's no way he should be with the Norway squad

Norway’s international rehab setup and/or physiotherapists may be better than what we have, and if that were the case, and there were assurances he would not be involved in the games or heavy training, I wouldn’t have an issue with him working with the Norway squad for part of the break.
Obviously he wouldn’t be part of the in house training and tactics if he was out there; but he’s been at the club longer than Olsen and Hourihane who wouldn’t be part of that either.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I have said we haven’t won with Berge in the team since the start of 2020-21. W0 D4 L17. We have won 9 league games in that time.

we have also won 5 cup games in that period. Berge did not play in any of those games.

Berge was last on the winning side v Chelsea in July 2020.

Hmmm. Its a bit like when we never lost when Jake Wright played in reverse isn't it?
Did we win because he played or was it coincidence?
I don't personally "get" what's stopping Berge being a really influential player for us, other than he seems a bit too "nesh".
How can a bloke as big as he is be so lacking in aggression? He should win every high ball as he has a huge height advantage but he rarely does. When he tried to dominate second half v Brum he looked unplayable for 25 minutes. They just clattered him a few times and he went right back into his shell and has stayed there ever since.
He needs to work on adding lots of aggression and determination to win to his personality or he is going nowhere fast.
Imo anyway.

The biggest problem with Berge was his very serious hamstring injury. He tore the tendon from the bone and he may never be the same again.

I have a very nasty feeling we will sincerely regret not taking whatever Arsenal were offering us. I reckon we will be lucky to get more than £10m for him when he finally goes unless he starts to tear the Championship a new one....and hes showing absolutely no sign whatsoever of doing that !

Norway’s international rehab setup and/or physiotherapists may be better than what we have, and if that were the case, and there were assurances he would not be involved in the games or heavy training, I wouldn’t have an issue with him working with the Norway squad for part of the break.
Obviously he wouldn’t be part of the in house training and tactics if he was out there; but he’s been at the club longer than Olsen and Hourihane who wouldn’t be part of that either.
I don't agree with that, we need to keep control of his rehab

In Slavs most recent press conferences he's been asked about Berge every time and not really been able to give a clear indication of when he'll return. Not sure if I'm reading into it too much, but he's almost seemed a bit annoyed at times.

I do think we could have a player on our hands who doesn't want to risk anything for us, perhaps holding out for his January move.

As I say, maybe reading into it too much, but it's a possibility and I wouldn't be surprised to never see him in a Blades shirt again.

In Slavs most recent press conferences he's been asked about Berge every time and not really been able to give a clear indication of when he'll return. Not sure if I'm reading into it too much, but he's almost seemed a bit annoyed at times.

I do think we could have a player on our hands who doesn't want to risk anything for us, perhaps holding out for his January move.

As I say, maybe reading into it too much, but it's a possibility and I wouldn't be surprised to never see him in a Blades shirt again.

I’m less worried about his attitude than the fact our £20m signing has possibly relapsed after a serious injury.

Regardless of whether we rate him (I do), there’s just nothing good about him being crocked.

Back
Top Bottom