Berge Injured?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That’s not what was said though, is it.

And again, the insinuation that we’re not winning games because of Berge is complete nonsense.
If he plays well and we win is that also nothing to do with Berge?! Can't have it both ways.

That's what I said. I don't know what anyone else said.

Berge and his form has certainly been a contributory factor to us not winning games. He is not alone in this, of course.

It’s not what I said when you decided to jump in and disagree with me. Seems as though you’re having a different conversation.

Where has anyone said it's solely to do with Berge that we've not won in recent history when he's played?

I did. I said there's an insinuation that we don't win because he's involved. Nobody has disagreed with that so far but I assume you do. If that isn't what is being said then I don't know what the point is.

I did. I said there's an insinuation that we don't win because he's involved. Nobody has disagreed with that so far but I assume you do. If that isn't what is being said then I don't know what the point is.
There's a pattern, we don't win when he plays. Whether that's his fault or not isn't the point, it's just a fact that we haven't won for a good while when he's been involved.

It's hard to say if it's his fault or not, but he's hardly pulled up any trees and justified the fee that was paid for him.

There's a pattern, we don't win when he plays. Whether that's his fault or not isn't the point, it's just a fact that we haven't won for a good while when he's been involved.

It's hard to say if it's his fault or not, but he's hardly pulled up any trees and justified the fee that was paid for him.
He’s a young lad, just coming to terms with the English game, sadly interrupted by Covid and injury. It seems likely he wants away from the EFL, understandable given his pedigree.

Please give the lad a chance to prove himself, before you condemn him.

That's what I said. I don't know what anyone else said.

Berge and his form has certainly been a contributory factor to us not winning games. He is not alone in this, of course.
It’s very clear that you don’t think Berge contributes much to the team.
It would be interesting to know what his team mates think of that! :)

He’s a young lad, just coming to terms with the English game, sadly interrupted by Covid and injury. It seems likely he wants away from the EFL, understandable given his pedigree.

Please give the lad a chance to prove himself, before you condemn him.
I’m fully aware of all the excuses (I’ve made a fair few for him myself) and I hope he comes good. I’m just basing my judgement on what I’ve seen so far rather than YouTube clips from his previous club and a £22m price tag.

I’m fully aware of all the excuses (I’ve made a fair few for him myself) and I hope he comes good. I’m just basing my judgement on what I’ve seen so far rather than YouTube clips from his previous club and a £22m price tag.

Derek , do you rate any united player Bar Billy sharp from the last 10 years

I'm firmly in the anti-Berge camp at the moment, but he did show a lot more glimpses of quality when he came on in the Preston game with better players around him.

That said, MGW has looked excellent in every single game irrespective of who's played alongside him. His movement, willingness and bravery alone would make him stand out in any side. I hope he can rub off on Berge & Brewster.

MGW >> Berge

I'm firmly in the anti-Berge camp at the moment, but he did show a lot more glimpses of quality when he came on in the Preston game with better players around him.

That said, MGW has looked excellent in every single game irrespective of who's played alongside him. His movement, willingness and bravery alone would make him stand out in any side. I hope he can rub off on Berge & Brewster.

MGW >> Berge

The key point, as you have pointed out, is the introduction of MGW.

It's absurd to suggest that a true quality player would not stand out in a side as lacking in it as we have been for a while, but this is what Berge cultists actually believe.

There's a post above which recites some of the the usual Berge bingo lines.... "he's a young lad" (23 going on 24), "coming to terms with the English game" (how long does this take?), "erm...Covid" (so has everyone), "homesick" (he played in Belgium for 3 years).

Now, although I pretty much lost my patience nine months ago waiting for this hidden quality to shine through, I remain open-minded as nothing would please be more than to see a United player stride imperiously through this division carrying all in his wake.

However, the other side of that coin is that Berge apologists need also to consider the unpalatable fact that he may not actually be anything like as good as they (were led to) believe.

It's absurd to suggest that a true quality player would not stand out in a side as lacking in it as we have been for a while, but this is what Berge cultists actually believe.

There's a post above which recites some of the the usual Berge bingo lines.... "he's a young lad" (23 going on 24), "coming to terms with the English game" (how long does this take?), "erm...Covid" (so has everyone), "homesick" (he played in Belgium for 3 years).

Now, although I pretty much lost my patience nine months ago waiting for this hidden quality to shine through, I remain open-minded as nothing would please be more than to see a United player stride imperiously through this division carrying all in his wake.

However, the other side of that coin is that Berge apologists need also to consider the unpalatable fact that he may not actually be anything like as good as they (were led to) believe.

Quite like the idea of there being a Berge Cult hunting for squirrels in Eccy woods, bathing naked in the ice cold waters of the Sheaf and enjoying a extensive collection of patterned knitwear.

Have you actually bothered to watch the matches ?

He was our stand out player for the first 4/5 matches where we poor

He also looked a lot better than MGW in the 20 minutes he got against Preston

Who would have thought that if you put a very good player in a good team that plays attacking football he would look better and if you play good players in a team that are crap he wont look as good

If we don’t win and Berge doesn’t play, does his dog count in attendance figures?

So is he still injured and what’s up with him please?
Ps: when I post a question I don’t expect a definitive answer (or any answer really) but United always win.

Spot on. MGW has come in and showed how a quality midfield player should grab hold of a game. Not by languidly loping about on the right side , only moving 5 yds either side of the halfway line, but by buzzing around everywhere, wanting to get involved everywhere, always being available for the next pass, getting into position for numerous attempts on goal. For MGW now, read Duffy during his time here. And then watch Berge being our 'best player', with his 'hidden qualities'. So, tin hat on and I'll wait for the Bingo phrases to come through (yet again).

So you didn't go to the match then
I've seen every game this season save Huddersfield and at no point has Berge looked better than MGW. He did look pretty good when they made the tactical switch against Preston and he went on the right, that I will happily admit.

Also 4 runs forward against Birmingham does not make you a stand out player over 4 or 5 games.

I've seen every game this season save Huddersfield and at no point has Berge looked better than MGW. He did look pretty good when they made the tactical switch against Preston and he went on the right, that I will happily admit.

Also 4 runs forward against Birmingham does not make you a stand out player over 4 or 5 games.

I said for the 20 minutes he was on the pitch against PNE he was better than MGW

And he was the stand out player whether that shows how poor we have been who knows maybe

Back
Top Bottom