Berge Injured

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's listed as being on the bench, if he's returned, surely he wouldn't be?

Returned early from International Duty with a knee injury. Hopefully nothing serious 🤞

This one aged well..

Annus Horribilis

Fuck me you really couldn't make this up , were stumbling from one set back to another.

I approach a day like today much as I would the last couple of games in a Utd season. It's sort of within England's control to win our league & qualify for "the finals". A win in Belgium would put us in a great position. And we're certainly safe from relegation. Beginning to look at who might be promoted into League A for next season. Conflicting views re rivals. Do I want Scotland & Wales to be promoted? Be good full on tear up awaydays, but I've been there before. Maybe, fuck 'em hope they mess up. Not really any new ticks in the League B promotion candidates. Maybe like to get to Norway for the beers. Pity Bosnia/Herzegovina & Iceland are looking League A relegation fodder. Still not been able to get to those. Maybe have the Russians up & get to Moscow again. The Nations League is a superb & simple format. You play teams at your own level. You'll never play Sheffield United, so I'll never have to "choose". One up. One down. No contract hold outs. No dodgy owners. No fucking transfer window. No buying your way out of trouble. If you don't develop your own players, you're done. Good day for me this. Obvs be better if I was out there in Belgium. Not this time.....

Last edited:

Latest news is he's been sent home along with the other players. Suspect if he passes s test he will be fine. Good news that he's had a rest.
About the best we could have hoped for really ,the poor guys been flogged this season and post lockdown.last season.

The Nation's League is a relatively new concept.

I don't see how pausing it and having International football for crucial games only. And given the playoff just took place I also don't see why these couldn't have been pushed to Q1 next year.

It just seems bonkers that games that are in no way crucial are being played at the same time there is a global pandemic and managers are complaining of too many matches.

Just scrap non-essential International football.

The Nation's League is a relatively new concept.

I don't see how pausing it and having International football for crucial games only. And given the playoff just took place I also don't see why these couldn't have been pushed to Q1 next year.

It just seems bonkers that games that are in no way crucial are being played at the same time there is a global pandemic and managers are complaining of too many matches.

Just scrap non-essential International football.

I was talking about it the other day, all these pros are whining about so many games and the managers don't like it, so why not take a leaf out of the Olympics book (well, except for football) and make the next tournament amateur/ lower level?

See how they like that, I'm sure they'd all be fit and raring to go if they all found out that they weren't going to a major tournament anymore and a load of National League players were going instead.

I'd love that to be honest, maybe say third tier. Be a reyt scrap.

Bleeding hell we go more or less three-seasons with hardly any injuries.it,s catching up with us now.

International football is so low priority at the moment, it's a bit silly FIFA have persisted with it given COVID.

He has played 1 game a week. I would hardly say that he has been flogged!
He played 3 games in one week for Norway including extra time so get your facts right ,this after no real pre season and adjusting to tge higher intensity of English football

Just to clarify as it seems some believe Berge wont be available vs. WHU due to injury.

Berge is not injured (OP was from September).

although he has been sent home after a positive test in Norway squad, It’s up in the air whether he will be available due to COVID isolation protocols

All United have to do is get him tested ASAP if he is negative he can play. According to Boris he could have 3 tests before Sunday. :)

He played 3 games in one week for Norway including extra time so get your facts right ,this after no real pre season and adjusting to tge higher intensity of English football
So in one week he has played 3 games but previous to that it was a game a week and from January to September he rarely played the whole game. As I say, he was hardly flogged and I doubt whether he himself feels burnt out. Let’s not over exaggerate

So in one week he has played 3 games but previous to that it was a game a week and from January to September he rarely played the whole game. As I say, he was hardly flogged and I doubt whether he himself feels burnt out. Let’s not over exaggerate
I didn't say he was burnt out and I'm certainly not over exaggerating
If you don't think playing 300 mins of competitive football is flogging someone then fair enough and if you don't think a lack of pre season is either then i don't know what to say to you

I didn't say he was burnt out and I'm certainly not over exaggerating
If you don't think playing 300 mins of competitive football is flogging someone then fair enough and if you don't think a lack of pre season is either then i don't know what to say to you
The end of last season has skewed everything but he had a pre season albeit a shorter one. If he was playing 3 games a week over a longer period then I might think that he was getting ‘flogged’ but 1 week as a one off then I don’t agree with you

Back
Top Bottom