Ben Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

• Banned
I've been shouting for 2 seasons that he should be at LWB. After yesterday I'm willing to admit I talk complete shit and my opinions are worthless
He was absolutely run ragged, I think he’s neat and tidy but he’s now what, 28? And I don’t know what position he’s good in.

He was absolutely run ragged, I think he’s neat and tidy but he’s now what, 28? And I don’t know what position he’s good in.

I'll naively give him the benefit of the doubt that yesterday was his first game back but yeah his main attribute is he can play average in any position.

Difficult to defend him after yesterdays debacle but he has played much better ( including at rwb last season )

For me the organisation of the back line needs looking at how Egan is never anywhere near the big target man yesterday it was constantly left to bash and Osborn to deal with madine and Yates while he does whatever it he does ,hide I think

• Banned
Difficult to defend him after yesterdays debacle but he has played much better ( including at rwb last season )

For me the organisation of the back line needs looking at how Egan is never anywhere near the big target man yesterday it was constantly left to bash and Osborn to deal with madine and Yates while he does whatever it he does ,hide I think
Egan gets absolutely dog walked by every physical number 9 he plays against, Deeney and Madine now in 3 home games have made him look L1 standard. And he can’t deal with tricky players with a low centre of gravity either, what Chair did to him was a disgrace.

The organisation has been terrible of late. Birminghams goal, Stokes first and the first two yesterday were all awful goals to concede

I think it's a but harsh to pick on him given this was his first start of the season.

It can't be easy playing in a number of positions and then hardly playing.

He was bad, but I think he was far from being the worst defender. As Roy says, the organisation is terrible at the moment. It's not like he was slipping in to a settled and successful defence.

I think it's a but harsh to pick on him given this was his first start of the season.

It can't be easy playing in a number of positions and then hardly playing.

He was bad, but I think he was far from being the worst defender. As Roy says, the organisation is terrible at the moment. It's not like he was slipping in to a settled and successful defence.
He plays in a number of positions rather than just one because he’s crap

Osborn is a willing lad but just too small for the physicality of the Championship.
Egan has gone right off form especially since the transfer talk.

The organisation has been terrible of late. Birminghams goal, Stokes first and the first two yesterday were all awful goals to concede
Yep. The constantly changing defence doesn’t help matters, but it’s still no excuse. They know that formation like the back of their hands.

Anel makes literally everyone in the team look better, much like JOC used to on the other side.

That's my point ,its Egan's job as the focal point of the back three but he fails at it again and again
I watch teams against us and very average defenders don't seem to have the same problem even though most of them are in a back 4

Arevwe not working on this enough ? Or is he just prone to lapses in intelligence ?
Some of the mistakes he makes in possession would suggest the latter

He doesn't dominate in the air either and isn't quick enough to cover if one of the other central defenders get caught out

Osborn is a willing lad but just too small for the physicality of the Championship.
Egan has gone right off form especially since the transfer talk.
Quite right, you always need squad players so might as well go for someone physically bigger and stronger

I've been shouting for 2 seasons that he should be at LWB. After yesterday I'm willing to admit I talk complete shit and my opinions are worthless

He is a midfielder or left side midfielder. He is too short to play left back. He gets beaten in the air easily in dangerous areas in our half when the opposition attack.

Decent enough effort wise and puts himself about though.

Won't judge on yesterday as not match fit, but I've seen enough to think he's a waste of time at LWB. Can't remember him having a good game there

Decent footballer but the position is the problem, and probably the type of team he needs to play in too. Left mid in a 442 is his best bet IMO

Egan gets absolutely dog walked by every physical number 9 he plays against, Deeney and Madine now in 3 home games have made him look L1 standard. And he can’t deal with tricky players with a low centre of gravity either, what Chair did to him was a disgrace.
Egan’s form has dipped drastically since JOC’s injury, as it was him mainly doing the aerial and physical stuff. Is there another Chris Morgan available anywhere ?

What was the evidence in the last two seasons?

He’s had good moments but he’s very much a utility player and I don’t think he’s up to this standard to play regularly, seems better off the bench when he has a specific job to help shore things up

Egan’s form has dipped drastically since JOC’s injury, as it was him mainly doing the aerial and physical stuff. Is there another Chris Morgan available anywhere ?
What about the old trope "form is temporary..."? Maybe his lack of ability was exposed by JOC's injury.

Won't judge on yesterday as not match fit, but I've seen enough to think he's a waste of time at LWB. Can't remember him having a good game there

Decent footballer but the position is the problem, and probably the type of team he needs to play in too. Left mid in a 442 is his best bet IMO

We lost to Brum at home last season with him at left back. He got beaten in the air for their goal.

Utility player.

Hasn’t kicked a ball for ages (prior to yesterday, he’s played a total of 50 minutes this season).

Handy to have around the side to fill in when needed.

Won’t be a game winner but very unlikely to lose it for you.

He is what he is & a player that really shouldn’t be starting if everyone’s available, but a useful option off the bench.

Utility player.

Hasn’t kicked a ball for ages (prior to yesterday, he’s played a total of 50 minutes this season).

Handy to have around the side to fill in when needed.

Won’t be a game winner but very unlikely to lose it for you.

He is what he is & a player that really shouldn’t be starting if everyone’s available, but a useful option off the bench.

Exactly.

I think Ben Osborn is a useful utility player. He covers two positions (LCB, LCM) and, at a push, three (LAM).

He isn't the most gifted technically but, at his best, has a great engine and can offer something to the squad. Mainly left-sided balance, tenacity, basic ball retention and energy.
He's just returning from a long lay-off, his fitness isn't 100%, most of what he's good at is therefore negated and all we're left with is the sloppy turnover of possession in promising areas.
Give him a bit of time.
We have to be patient with the lads returning, we can't expect them all to be bang at it straight away.

This dip in form we're suffering has been inevitable with the damage we've had to our squad.
I thought we'd struggle but it's been poorer than even I expected in terms of points return. We now really need to find a win from somewhere or the confidence is going to get whacked.
Stay within touching distance of the top 2 (6 points) going into the World Cup break, incur no further injuries, we'll be well placed to attack the division again in December.

Osborn is a useful player to have in the squad. He was bound to be a bit rusty after the injury lay off and he wasnt the only one who kept hoofing it to Billy (which played to their stengths).

Back
Top Bottom