Vinicius Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

By far his best game today, just hope he can be consistent, as others have said how the fucking hell is that not a red card, anyone know who was running var?

When ever I see Vini Souza, he always reminds me of George Santos.

Tall and physical with a bit of skill but a bit of a clogger by Brazilian standards ha ha.

The foul looked so bad, I was shocked he was able to play on. Like others said, should've been a red card.

Did a lot of good things today. But I think he should be even more disciplined. Some goal poachers save their energy to strike at the vital moment. I think Souza should do the same. Save his energy for the important challenges in the vital areas.

He's already improved at this under Wilder, but before the first goal he couldn't resist the temptation to step in when Hamer and Brooks couldn't get a challenge in on Gallagher. Leading to three players closing down the same player, and danger man Palmer getting the ball, unmarked and in space in front of our defence.

1702750634387.png

1702751131153.png

Did a lot of good things today. But I think he should be even more disciplined. Some goal poachers save their energy to strike at the vital moment. I think Souza should do the same. Save his energy for the important challenges in the vital areas.

He's already improved at this under Wilder, but before the first goal he couldn't resist the temptation to step in when Hamer and Brooks couldn't get a challenge in on Gallagher. Leading to three players closing down the same player, and danger man Palmer getting the ball, unmarked and in space in front of our defence.

View attachment 176227

View attachment 176228
Great commentary, as ever. Spot on. Thought we defended well in first half, but struggled in 2nd. Seems like many goals we concede are when we've got 2 or 3 players all fighting for the same ball...then when it breaks free the opposition players are suddenly unmarked. Also wonder if multiple players all going for the same ball leads to confusion?

View attachment 176227

View attachment 176228
2 examples of about 30 second half.

He was excellent first half.

Might actually be one of the boys that Wilder singled out for unnecessarily pressing too much second half - probably got a bit too overly enthusiastic!

Great commentary, as ever. Spot on. Thought we defended well in first half, but struggled in 2nd. Seems like many goals we concede are when we've got 2 or 3 players all fighting for the same ball...then when it breaks free the opposition players are suddenly unmarked. Also wonder if multiple players all going for the same ball leads to confusion?

Part of our plan today was stopping Caicedo dictating the play from deep. So we man marked him at times, which made our formation look like 4-2-3-1, with the middle of the 3 focusing on Caicedo. Brooks and Hamer took turns in doing this job. At other times it looked more like a 4-3-3.

But after Brooks went off, it was Hamer with Souza in central midfield. And before their second Hamer decided it was more important to prevent Mudryk playing the ball backwards to Caicedo, than forward to Gallagher, as seen by his body position here:

1702752097593.png

Again they were able to run at our defenders, and moments later scored the second.

He was excellent first half.

Might actually be one of the boys that Wilder singled out for unnecessarily pressing too much second half - probably got a bit too overly enthusiastic!
Yes, Wilder's speaking in more general terms, but I think it's the same point I tried to make with both posts above. We made a poor decisions and pressed, rather than staying more disciplined and organised behind the ball.

This lad continues to improve.

Even though we lost thought he went up another level today and again had his best game in a Blades shirt.

Apart from one astray pass looked much more comfortable on the ball

This lad continues to improve.

Even though we lost thought he went up another level today and again had his best game in a Blades shirt.

Apart from one astray pass looked much more comfortable on the ball
Bout time he got a career ending injury then if he's looking good for us.
We can't have improvement here

If people want to pedal a narrative that this guy is good, fine it’s all opinions.

However, one thing for certain is he will be universally disliked in our fanbase this time next year because whatever his skill set it, it sure as hell isn’t set up to be a ball player in a team that, theoretically, will have a lot more of the ball next year.

He is a huge contributor as to why we are completely incapable of retaining any sort of possession in any circumstances, and for 10 million that is…. Poor.

If people want to pedal a narrative that this guy is good, fine it’s all opinions.

However, one thing for certain is he will be universally disliked in our fanbase this time next year because whatever his skill set it, it sure as hell isn’t set up to be a ball player in a team that, theoretically, will have a lot more of the ball next year.

He is a huge contributor as to why we are completely incapable of retaining any sort of possession in any circumstances, and for 10 million that is…. Poor.
He is literally ideal for a defensive midfielder to a back 4.

Strong, athletic and not as bad in possession as the picture you paint. He’ll be just fine.

He always looks awful when he’s next to Norwood.

His job is to get the ball and give it to the ball players, sadly there weren't any on show today

Strong, athletic and not as bad in possession as the picture you paint. He’ll be just fine.

Disagree, none of the top 4 in the championship have a big lump in front of the back 4 with no ability on the ball. They all have players who are excellent on the ball - that’s how you dominate at the top of a division.

The days of needing a ‘destroyer’ in a successful team is long, long gone.

Disagree, none of the top 4 in the championship have a big lump in front of the back 4 with no ability on the ball. They all have players who are excellent on the ball - that’s how you dominate at the top of a division.

The days of needing a ‘destroyer’ in a successful team is long, long gone.
Ipswich literally have Sam Morsy in midfield.

Leicester don’t need it cos they have the best championship team of all time. Leeds and Southampton are pathetic defensively and play namby pamby football our fans would never take to.

You don’t ’need’ one - but it helps for a team like ours.

Ipswich literally have Sam Morsy in midfield.

Leicester don’t need it cos they have the best championship team of all time. Leeds and Southampton are pathetic defensively and play namby pamby football our fans would never take to.

You don’t ’need’ one - but it helps for a team like ours.
How does it help to have one then, what’s your point?

What does it mean a ‘team like ours’? Aren’t we aspiring to be like Leicester, Southampton etc? Don’t really see how it makes sense.

He will be such a restriction for a team with over 25% possession.

How does it help to have one then, what’s your point?

What does it mean a ‘team like ours’? Aren’t we aspiring to be like Leicester, Southampton etc? Don’t really see how it makes sense.

He will be such a restriction for a team with over 25% possession.
To protect the defence, which frankly isn’t great.

Leicester and Southampton are completely alien to us. One has won the league and been in the champions league since they were last in the championship, the other has spent about 12 seasons in the premier league playing a certain style.

You can’t just change how a team plays overnight or you end up with a Slav-like situation.

Changing to a back 4 would be a big change for us and we’d require a defensive minded player in midfield to help us adjust to that.

We should be aspiring to be a different style of team, but with this owner and the shoestring budget we have no chance of that.

Also Souza isn’t nearly as bad on the ball as you’re making t out either.

He was the only player on the pitch in a Blades shirt who looked interested today. Norwood offers fuck all at the side of him and Souza has to do the running for both of them. As to b being a ball player, have a serious look round when he has the ball and tell me who's available. We don't work off the ball, we're like fucking statues.

Norwood is a ball player apparently but I’m not sure how he does any more than Souza in terms of progressing the ball in this system. There’s nothing to aim for, no movement or anything of note. So static.

You can’t judge Souza’s football ability in this team at this standard, he’s looked really good since Wilder came in and Norwood was dropped. It’s as simple as that

Added mobility, pace and power were some of the adjustments Wilder seemed to make when he took over. So slightly disappointing that we're back to a Norwood-Souza central midfield.

85-15% possession was to be expected today, but we're usually low on those stats. We need to accept that - to an extent - and make sure that we have players capable of doing a good job for all of the time the opposition have the ball. Then we'll need players who can help us create something in the limited time we do have the ball. Personally I see mobility as a key attribute both in and out of possession, and that midfield will keep struggling IMO.

Pass completion today:

1703957425293.png

Norwood is a ball player apparently but I’m not sure how he does any more than Souza in terms of progressing the ball in this system. There’s nothing to aim for, no movement or anything of note. So static.

You can’t judge Souza’s football ability in this team at this standard, he’s looked really good since Wilder came in and Norwood was dropped. It’s as simple as that

Doyle looked good when we dropped Norwood last season, gave us so much more energy and was a far better link up player. Biggest mistake of the close season for me, keeping Norwood and not signing Doyle.

Added mobility, pace and power were some of the adjustments Wilder seemed to make when he took over. So slightly disappointing that we're back to a Norwood-Souza central midfield.

85-15% possession was to be expected today, but we're usually low on those stats. We need to accept that - to an extent - and make sure that we have players capable of doing a good job for all of the time the opposition have the ball. Then we'll need players who can help us create something in the limited time we do have the ball. Personally I see mobility as a key attribute both in and out of possession, and that midfield will keep struggling IMO.

Pass completion today:

View attachment 176935
I don’t think we’ll see too much of the Norwood/Souza central midfield. It was a case of needs must today.

Back
Top Bottom