CONFIRMED Ben Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good to see we've replaced Dowell with the obligatory shit haircut in the squad.

Welcome Ben. Got a good vibe about this one.

He was signed and interviewed yesterday becuase he mentions that his first training session is tomorrow, then looking forward to playing.

Unless we're training tomorrow morning before the match.

I've not used the fax machine one actually. I'm not going to spoil things fir you by letting my other two out. Comedy timing and all that :)
I bet one of them is ‘how does Bob Marley like his donuts’ and the other is something about ‘do you do liver?’

Great signing for you guys. A bit about the player:

He's taken a lot of stick over the years at Forest. He's very much marmite, people either love him or hate him.

In my view the main reason he has taken stick is he is no match winner, he's played over 200 games and I can think of 3 games off the top of my head where he has made a serious impact to win a match, about 150 of those 200+ in attacking positions. He also has this annoying habit of doing pointless Cryuff turns which get him into trouble a lot.

He's played almost every position. A good thing or a bad thing? It can be both. He's incredible useful as a squad player but he was never seen here as the best in any position, but the main issue is nobody knows what his best position is and in 200+ games, that can be a problem.

The main reason people love him is his desire. Been in the Forest side for 6 years and can't recall one period where he was injured or didn't give 100%. He will give everything for the shirt and just get on with his business quitely.

My personal opinion of Ben is that he's best at left-wing back (too small for LB, too limited for LW) and I think Wilder will love him like almost every Forest manager has, but he has weaknesses in his game and hasn't really pushed on enough in his 6 years playing. At the rumoured 3-5m I think it's a great deal for both parties. A change of scenary for him could be the thing that pushes him on as let's be honest we have been in a bit of a state since he has been in the team.

He's taken a lot of stick over the years at Forest. He's very much marmite, people either love him or hate him.

In my view the main reason he has taken stick is he is no match winner, he's played over 200 games and I can think of 3 games off the top of my head where he has made a serious impact to win a match, about 150 of those 200+ in attacking positions. He also has this annoying habit of doing pointless Cryuff turns which get him into trouble a lot.

He's played almost every position. A good thing or a bad thing? It can be both. He's incredible useful as a squad player but he was never seen here as the best in any position, but the main issue is nobody knows what his best position is and in 200+ games, that can be a problem.

The main reason people love him is his desire. Been in the Forest side for 6 years and can't recall one period where he was injured or didn't give 100%. He will give everything for the shirt and just get on with his business quitely.

My personal opinion of Ben is that he's best at left-wing back (too small for LB, too limited for LW) and I think Wilder will love him like almost every Forest manager has, but he has weaknesses in his game and hasn't really pushed on enough in his 6 years playing. At the rumoured 3-5m I think it's a great deal for both parties. A change of scenary for him could be the thing that pushes him on as let's be honest we have been in a bit of a state since he has been in the team.

But have we made a bid? 😗

If there is a bit more to squeeze out of him, CW and AK are the ones to get it

Thanks for your views

So who does he support then? Sounds like it is a dodgy one. Not that I am bothered but it helps focus any irrational and rational hatred.

Back
Top Bottom