Outgoing? Bedwetting fans?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The loans won't be available
That assumes that those that we have on 1st August are not capable of picking up significant points, despite having a difficult run of fixtures to start the season.
I would rather have quality in September than just numbers by end of July.
I agree that adding 4/5 quality players next week would be great, but maybe they are not yet available.
We all know, and knew at the very start that the top quality players, ie the loans, won't be in until after the PL squads are announced, so I'm not really sure what all the hand ringing is all about.
I've still not seen one player who we should have definitely signed who hasn't gone to the league above, so I'm not really getting it.
You can't criticise the business done until after the window has closed.

The loans won't be available

We all know, and knew at the very start that the top quality players, ie the loans, won't be in until after the PL squads are announced, so I'm not really sure what all the hand ringing is all about.
I've still not seen one player who we should have definitely signed who hasn't gone to the league above, so I'm not really getting it.
You can't criticise the business done until after the window has closed.
Ballard, Darling, Clarke Salter all improve us a lot. We have the money for a centre half since we have Anel in waiting apparently, but seems to be all eggs in one basket.

You can criticize the business done by the time the season has started. We could be writing off the first portion of the season, again.
We wanted them in for pre season apparently, now we're sending half a squad of 23's to Portugal.

Ballard, Darling, Clarke Salter all improve us a lot. We have the money for a centre half since we have Anel in waiting apparently, but seems to be all eggs in one basket.

You can criticize the business done by the time the season has started. We could be writing off the first portion of the season, again.
We wanted them in for pre season apparently, now we're sending half a squad of 23's to Portugal.
So you would think we have a strong belief that Anel is superior, better value and is likely, which can only be judged once the window closes.
You're talking like we finished in the bottom half and drastically needed to improve the first team from the first game.

So you would think we have a strong belief that Anel is superior, better value and is likely, which can only be judged once the window closes.
You're talking like we finished in the bottom half and drastically needed to improve the first team from the first game.
Well, we've lost potentially the best player in the division - so...

Are you oreyt?
How can we lose a player that we have never had in our ranks? 😂 😂 😂
I never know with the strop you had when we didn't sign Twine. The other comments still work for MGW,.
He played in a position where we currently already have some cover with Ndiaye/Berge, where as we don't in central defence.
It's also the area we're most likely to bring in the more expensive PL loans.
If we're spending £3M somewhere on the first team, a young centre half makes sense if they're of the quality to take us forward.

I never know with the strop you had when we didn't sign Twine. The other comments still work for MGW,.
He played in a position where we currently already have some cover with Ndiaye/Berge, where as we don't in central defence.
It's also the area we're most likely to bring in the more expensive PL loans.
If we're spending £3M somewhere on the first team, a young centre half makes sense if they're of the quality to take us forward.
Ah, typical, make yourself look a twat then blame the other poster rather than the fact you can't read and understand basic English, sound.

If we're spending £3mil and £3mil only, spending it on a centre half given the fact we are losing so much without MGW is barmy.

If we're spending £3mil and £3mil only, spending it on a centre half given the fact we are losing so much without MGW is barmy.
We're short at Centre Half and have a clearly ageing back line in desperate need of some young blood who's also going to improve it.
I've already covered your MGW comment. We have Ndiaye who needs to step up, it's also the most likely area for our loan.
Ah, typical, make yourself look a twat then blame the other poster rather than the fact you can't read and understand basic English, sound.

giphy (3).gif
I think you take this place far too seriously.
If you're going to throw the "understanding English" barb at least proof read your strop.

Last edited:
I agree a big centre half is a must ,mgw will be a miss but I do think our management will be all over it

We're short at Centre Half and have a clearly ageing back line in desperate need of some young blood who's also going to improve it.
I've already covered your MGW comment. We have Ndiaye who needs to step up, it's also the most likely area for our loan.

View attachment 138268
I think you take this place far too seriously.
If you're going to throw the "understanding English" barb at least proof read your strop.
It's his second season as a professional. And he just isn't as good as MGW.

Proof read? What is there to proof read? It was quite clear at the time farty Bob.

Who said he's expected to be? He will certainly improve playing in that role though and having more responsibility put on him.
How do you know he will improve by having that responsibility? And not shrink into himself?

Bit of a huge gamble to take is it not?

How do you know he will improve by having that responsibility? And not shrink into himself?

Bit of a huge gamble to take is it not?
It’s always a gamble if we’re going to promote youth. Sometimes you have to take half a step back to take two forwards and it would be more of a gamble to expect someone like Twine to stet in and immediately step up, especially at a £4M price tag. We shouldn’t be looking to replace MGW with MGW, we need someone who can deliver in that role but also improve elsewhere and for us not be so reliant on one player.

Again, the MGW replacement should be..... Khadra

Would be better than Twine imo

My thoughts exactly. We can get away with it at centre half with Lopata etc knocking about. We'll be without MGW and Berge next season so if we're spending any money it really needs to be on an attacking player. Need to at least try to bring someone in to soften the blow of losing our most creative players.

My thoughts exactly. We can get away with it at centre half with Lopata etc knocking about. We'll be without MGW and Berge next season so if we're spending any money it really needs to be on an attacking player. Need to at least try to bring someone in to soften the blow of losing our most creative players.
But we’ve not lost Berge and if we do that would release a significant amount of funds for a replacement. There’s no center half at the club who’s ready to step on and challenge Robinson, Egan or Basham next season. That’s a huge gap and risk.

You can’t deny the tactic from those that want to stick the boot into the club at every opportunity though. Make up a rumour about a player we were probably not interested in, then batter the club when said target goes elsewhere, it’s tiresome.
Agreed. i've just had a quick look and about 30 deals were done in the Championship during June. So it's hardly like everyone else is flying at it.

We need about 6 in over the next 2 months and 2 will probably be done in the last few days of the window. So expect 2 or 3 this month and a couple in August, with a flourish at the end. Anyone expecting anything else is going to be disappointed/upset.

But we’ve not lost Berge and if we do that would release a significant amount of funds for a replacement. There’s no center half at the club who’s ready to step on and challenge Robinson, Egan or Basham next season. That’s a huge gap and risk.
What goods that when a good number of players we could’ve signed have already gone elsewhere?

In your opinion!

In the opinion of our recruitment team they think that in the main they can get better value elsewhere
Do you think we have a recruitment team in place 🤔. If you was hecky would you not be banging on the door asking what is going on, or at least be getting a bit frustrated

Ye it is risky but I'm not expecting us to spend much even with Berge going. Think the defence can be organised enough be OK but we could really struggle going forward. Need Ndaiye playing consistently big time

What goods that when a good number of players we could’ve signed have already gone elsewhere?
I don’t know what to say.
Either the manager is deliberately letting players go elsewhere whom he wants and think he needs, or there are other factors in play. We can’t afford them, we believe there are better options available and whom we believe we can secure, or we didn’t want to do deal with the selling club on terms agreeable to others and of course the player wasn’t interested in coming.

Are some on here still moaning that Utd haven't signed a lad from Arsenal that hasn't played a game for them in a heavily weighted deal structure in favour of the selling side and prefer to sign a full international that played last season in the French top division?

They're making themselves look utter tools!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom