Outgoing? Bedwetting fans?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Take a look at the replies, they rather like him:

Engage your brain for once, I know you find it difficult. Also - that’s 1 more goal a season than Norwood has managed this season, and 2 more than the last one…

They don't seem.that enthused to me unless being better than Joe ralls is your benchmark

No need to get abusive either and as for your point about norwood if you are suggesting he come in as a replacement for a player who is 10 x the footballer he is and whose game is not based on assists or goals then you know as little about united as you extensively do about Wednesday ,Rotherham.and Cardiff

They don't seem.that enthused to me unless being better than Joe ralls is your benchmark

No need to get abusive either and as for your point about norwood if you are suggesting he come in as a replacement for a player who is 10 x the footballer he is and whose game is not based on assists or goals then you know as little about united as you extensively do about Wednesday ,Rotherham.and Cardiff
They are literally nearly all saying it’s the wrong decision to let him go?

When have I ever suggested he replace Norwood? He isn’t as good a player as Norwood. Simply that those stats which you seem to be obsessed with are better than Norwood’s and the same as Fleck’s.

Could he have signed for us and improved our depth, given we have no money and no right footed midfielders beyond the 2 starters? Undoubtedly yes. If he hasn’t signed for them and we were linked with him I think most would see him as a good signing if he wasn’t guaranteed to be starting every week.

The fact he’s gone to Wendy doesn’t change that, and I’m bored now. So this is the last I’m saying on it.

They are literally nearly all saying it’s the wrong decision to let him go?

When have I ever suggested he replace Norwood? He isn’t as good a player as Norwood. Simply that those stats which you seem to be obsessed with are better than Norwood’s and the same as Fleck’s.

Could he have signed for us and improved our depth, given we have no money and no right footed midfielders beyond the 2 starters? Undoubtedly yes. If he hasn’t signed for them and we were linked with him I think most would see him as a good signing if he wasn’t guaranteed to be starting every week.

The fact he’s gone to Wendy doesn’t change that, and I’m bored now. So this is the last I’m saying on it.
Saying it's the wrong decision to let him go is hardly a ringing endorsement is it ?

We'll just have to agree to disagree my personal opinion is I'd rather us sign no one and give a youngster a chance than go down the route of signing average lg one level players

Coulibaly, Brunt, Maguire, Arblaster and Peck,
Coulibaily I’ll give you. Although he’s an unknown he’s an exciting one. We’ll see.

Of the others 2 are 17, exciting no doubt but 17. One’s a young kid who’s recently had a long term injury, and one’s failed to impress or establish himself at Notts County.

If we fill our whole depth with kids from the academy we will be closer to the bottom than the top.

Saying it's the wrong decision to let him go is hardly a ringing endorsement is it ?

We'll just have to agree to disagree my personal opinion is I'd rather us sign no one and give a youngster a chance than go down the route of signing average lg one level players
Oh no I've been lolled

"We won't sign anyone"
"We'll have 5 players left at the end of the season"
"We're getting relegated"
"We're the laughing stock of South Yorkshire"
etc....etc....

All the threads seem to be getting clogged up with well thought out replies like these. Perhaps the Negative Nellies could put them all on this thread to spare other posters the boredom.
Fax machine jokes welcome.
Nearly as boring as all the links to players who are out of reach ... names blah blah nothing else... we are skint ... players are after the money you can't blame them.

I'm not one of them, but I can understand some of the frustration.

At the end of the season, the message was, (as it has been before), that we're looking to bring at least one player in very soon and we'll be looking to do the rest of our business early to give those players a chance to bed in and so we can work with them in pre-season... etc etc. Anyone reading between the lines might come to the conclusion that we missed out on this 'early target' and other lines of enquiry for targets have, so far, led nowhere.

However another message has been that the majority of signing are likely to be loans and out of contract players.

With the start of the season 6 weeks away, we haven't signed anyone and the only 'gossip' I've seen is that we were apparently going to sign someone for '7 figures'. Meanwhile we can see other clubs busily signing players or agreeing pre-contracts with those out of contract on the 1st July.

I think the concern is we'll sign some players just before the season starts, or even after it's started, and once again be behind everyone else in terms of preparation, which could mean another poor start.

Perhaps more concerning is who we might lose in the next few weeks, especially if no adequate replacement has already been signed or about to be.

He was 18 in January, but your previous incorrect argument was we didn't have any right-footed midfielders (I listed 5).
Some sources say January, some say May. So depends. Regardless, he’s just 18 with no football league experience and none at a decent level.

You went into the depths of the youth to do so, so that’s scraping the barrel somewhat no?

You can list numerous youth players from every single side on the planet.

At the end of the season, the message was, (as it has been before), that we're looking to bring at least one player in very soon and we'll be looking to do the rest of our business early to give those players a chance to bed in and so we can work with them in pre-season... etc etc. Anyone reading between the lines might come to the conclusion that we missed out on this 'early target' and other lines of enquiry for targets have, so far, led nowhere.

However another message has been that the majority of signing are likely to be loans and out of contract players.

With the start of the season 6 weeks away, we haven't signed anyone and the only 'gossip' I've seen is that we were apparently going to sign someone for '7 figures'. Meanwhile we can see other clubs busily signing players or agreeing pre-contracts with those out of contract on the 1st July.

I think the concern is we'll sign some players just before the season starts, or even after it's started, and once again be behind everyone else in terms of preparation, which could mean another poor start.

Perhaps more concerning is who we might lose in the next few weeks, especially if no adequate replacement has already been signed or about to be.
Apparently you are not allowed to express frustration at recruitment. Some other members get their knickers in a twist

You went into the depths of the youth to do so, so that’s scraping the barrel somewhat no?

You can list numerous youth players from every single side on the planet.
You wanted to sign Vaulks but this player is scraping the barrel?

"We won't sign anyone"
"We'll have 5 players left at the end of the season"
"We're getting relegated"
"We're the laughing stock of South Yorkshire"
etc....etc....

All the threads seem to be getting clogged up with well thought out replies like these. Perhaps the Negative Nellies could put them all on this thread to spare other posters the boredom.
Fax machine jokes welcome.
Here here👍

You wanted to sign Vaulks but this player is scraping the barrel?

Coulibaily isn’t a youth player; he’s been in the Belgian top division for 2 years 😂

And I didn’t ‘want’ to sign Vaulks, I just think he’d improve our first team on current standings. And think people calling him terrible just because he’s gone to Wednesday are being childish.

Apparently you are not allowed to express frustration at recruitment. Some other members get their knickers in a twist
You can air frustration by all means, however when I’ve had wanks longer than the windows been open and some are beating the club by wilfully confusing ‘players I’d like us to sign, but have signed for someone else’ with actual targets, then it’s only fair to query the flounce.

You can air frustration by all means, however when I’ve had wanks longer than the windows been open and some are beating the club by wilfully confusing ‘players I’d like us to sign, but have signed for someone else’ with actual targets, then it’s only fair to query the flounce.
Some stamina that

Coulibaily isn’t a youth player; he’s been in the Belgian top division for 2 years 😂

And I didn’t ‘want’ to sign Vaulks, I just think he’d improve our first team on current standings. And think people calling him terrible just because he’s gone to Wednesday are being childish.
He was terrible long before he signed for league ones 2nd biggest club

I'm not a bed wetter just voicing an opinion, our recruitment is poor once again so far. Being a blade for 50yrs I should be use to it. However there is and was some good free transfers out there, and once again we are slow on the up take. Frustrating is a good way to describe myself not a bed wetter

Nobody knows who our targets are....however you have to presume we have some.

In the meantime the likes of WBA have gone out and signed John Swift and Jed Wallace on frees. Both those.players would have undoubtedly strengthened our team so its.right that fans are questioning what is.going on.

This has been compounded.by comments like 'seven figure bid in'...'get our targets early' etc. Add that to our recent history and in my opinion people are right to be concerned.

I also respect the right of.all those who arent worried about our current transfer.position and strength of squad so why dont we all stop the petty name calling etc (ps this isn't addressed at you)

That’s it, in a nutshell. We started last season slower than a week in jail. We need to signings bedded in and a full pre-season. But we never seem to learn.

Back
Top Bottom