Bénie Traoré

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s nowhere near PL level , no positional sense as a striker , too lightweight, Swedish League on a par Nomads League … reminds me of Adrian Littlejohn runs about a lot but won’t score many if any
Said the same myself about the Littlejohn comparison. Adrian was quicker stronger and scored against the pigs. Cant see an atribute in this kid 5 million quid when we have no budget ffs

Would definitely like to see more situations where he's coming on with 20-25 to go to run at tiring defenders, his production so far could certainly be better but let's be fair, he's in a new country, making a significant step up in quality, and he's going to get nowhere near the quantity of supply he was getting in the Allsvenskan. It'll take time but I think it'll definitely help that he's not now required to start with Archer in and McB available

It was a concern today was billed as the type of game he could have an impact as a sub against tiring and slower defenders.

McBurnie played him in twice in ideal situations.

He was not only outmuscled but outrun in these two duels versus the defenders.

As others have said, he has to press/chase and close down. He gave us absolutely nothing when he came on today.

Yes he is young but I'm concerned that it.might he just a bit too much (physicality and technically) for him. He looked woefully out of his depth today but even against Lincoln he struggled.

Needs to do much better; young or not. We have no other options apart from Osula so if these two offer little we have no striking depth whatsoever.

He's played 5 games, and he's 20 years old and just moved Countries. Let's give him a chance before he gets thrown under the bus.

I've been disappointed in him so far, he looks likes an enthusiastic ball boy at the moment, completely lacking guile, but I'm prepared to give him time before making my mind up.

It was a concern today was billed as the type of game he could have an impact as a sub against tiring and slower defenders.

McBurnie played him in twice in ideal situations.

He was not only outmuscled but outrun in these two duels versus the defenders.

As others have said, he has to press/chase and close down. He gave us absolutely nothing when he came on today.

Yes he is young but I'm concerned that it.might he just a bit too much (physicality and technically) for him. He looked woefully out of his depth today but even against Lincoln he struggled.

Needs to do much better; young or not. We have no other options apart from Osula so if these two offer little we have no striking depth whatsoever.
His runs were also poor … there was one point where Baldock blatantly signalled for him to cut the pass back to the keeper off and he completely ignored it.

He didn’t seem to read the body positioning of the Everton players well at all (if he was even watching)

He’s looked a lot better in previous games but that 20 minutes was a poor as I have seen since Axel Smeets.

Ideally Brewster and Jebbison will be fully healthy in January and Traore and Osula can be loaned out for the second half of the season. They need minutes against easier competition.

I think we need to cut Traore some slack. He's a young kid still learning his trade who's been playing in a league a million miles from PL standard in another country. Some so called Blades on social media need to give their fkin heads a wobble. What we don't want to do is rip all the confidence out of the lad. We just need to accept that the kid isn't quite ready yet...but he could be later this season or maybe next but not now, but it's not his fault he's playing is it? I think we saw in the first 3 games there's something there but I don't know what the answer is if we keep on throwing him in far too early... hopefully Brewster and Jebberson come back into the reckoning soon.

⚔️⚽⚔️

He showed some really good technique, control and awareness in the games against Palace and Forest, but if he carries on playing like he did against Lincoln and Everton we’d be better off sticking Bogle up front with McB whenever Archer gets tired.

Today Benie was appalling, but he’s still young and like a lot of people have pointed out, before the World Cup mcatee was hooked off at half time on two occasions.

Needs to gain about 4kg. It would only benefit him. He should relish the challenge. He'll be a good player if he does this because he has a decent football brain and enough skill

I think he's a decent long term signing but whether we should have spent 4m+ on him now when we need to try and survive in the PL is another matter. Same goes for Trusty btw
I'm hoping Trusty is closer to PL level than Traore otherwise we are fucked at LCB if Robbo absent - all these PL teams have big powerful attackers which places huge demands on our CBs

He is still a young lad who we scouted for a reason. The step up was always going to be huge but he has was chucked straight into the deep end alone when really he should have had more experienced players around him. That is absolutely on the board, but I also have to say that some of our fanbase really can'r wait to descend to the pond floor at every opportunity.

Just today I have seen adjectives such as 'wank', 'useless', 'weak', and the crowing glory of 'dogshit'. All of these assessments have of course come from strident male specimens who have never once struggled in a professional capacity, nor failed to meet anything less than absolute perfection when put under pressure in a new job. Hilarious in some ways, equally pathetic in others.

Benie will be fine.

He's played a lot of football and done a phenomenal amount of running and harrying so far. Was bound to look a bit jaded. He has a nice touch and presses well. Obviously needs to get down the gym and put on some muscle. Has exceeded expectations so far given the above. I expected him to be a squad player at best at this point.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I like Traore. Good player, he just needs to get stronger and he'll be fine. Anybody calling him wank doesn't understand football, and has clearly forgotten that he looked solid enough vs Palace and Forest.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the first team yet and in an ideal world he would be playing his trade in the U21s, continuing to learn the game, how we play throughout all of our teams, and strengthening/bulking up whilst retaining his speed. He is an investment hence the long term contract. Unfortunately, as we were skint pre the sales of Ndiaye and Berge, we had to shop at the bargains and not quite readies and he has been put in way to early. But give the lad credit, he has worked hard and tried his best. Just not ready yet. Give him til later this season or even next and I would expect to see that he his looking much nearer to being a realistic option for the first team. £4m for a lad who could be a decent PL player given time is chicken feed. He just needs time and time spent working with him which I'm sure PH and co will gladly give him. Some fans just want instant performances and results and dont see the bigger picture. I guarantee that PH will have signed this lad as a player with potential rather than a ready made PL player. He even said as much in the summer re his targets.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I like Traore. Good player, he just needs to get stronger and he'll be fine. Anybody calling him wank doesn't understand football, and has clearly forgotten that he looked solid enough vs Palace and Forest.

One of the few times I have agreed with you Steggie. Keep it up lad...😉

He is still a young lad who we scouted for a reason. The step up was always going to be huge but he has was chucked straight into the deep end alone when really he should have had more experienced players around him. That is absolutely on the board, but I also have to say that some of our fanbase really can'r wait to descend to the pond floor at every opportunity.

Just today I have seen adjectives such as 'wank', 'useless', 'weak', and the crowing glory of 'dogshit'. All of these assessments have of course come from strident male specimens who have never once struggled in a professional capacity, nor failed to meet anything less than absolute perfection when put under pressure in a new job. Hilarious in some ways, equally pathetic in others.

Benie will be fine.
Absolutely this ! I also remember not long ago they had written off after a few games a guy who was shit,lightweight,pants down,little boy lost etc etc. Strangely enough,yesterday he got a standing ovation on introduction. Don’t know what some of our “supporters “ are like with their own kids who have potential,probably beat them to death over it if it doesn’t meet their “standards “ .

Benie will be fine.
Agree with the sentiment of your post but describing him as weak is a fair assessment in my book.

He's ideal to have on the bench to throw on in the 72nd minute when playing against tired defenders. I guess McB and Archer will be first choice, with (hopefully) Brewster pushing them. Traore and Osula will be where they should be, getting splinters.
And that’s exactly what happened 👍

It's clear that Traore was bought for the future and it shows. Give him time and he may turn out to be a world beater.

There are plenty of proven, successful, lightweight premier league players out there.

Some of you may cringe at your comments on here when someone bumps this thread in a couple of years.

Whinging and bedwetting does nothing and helps nobody. Let the management manage !

A fit Brewster and jebbo would mean he's very much "one for the future" but we currently don't have either.

It does highlight a weakness in our summer recruitment not bringing in a striker on loan who has some top flight experience

He definitely has the touch, just needs game time where he can play to his strengths.

Is he a striker we can pin on staying up on... no.

Is that what he is here for... no.

With a year's experience off the bench, learning his trade from Jack, will he run riot next season if we get relegated... maybe.

Will we be able to recover the £5m paid. Absolutely.

No risk, got potential, I hope the lad does well

Would definitely like to see more situations where he's coming on with 20-25 to go to run at tiring defenders, his production so far could certainly be better but let's be fair, he's in a new country, making a significant step up in quality, and he's going to get nowhere near the quantity of supply he was getting in the Allsvenskan. It'll take time but I think it'll definitely help that he's not now required to start with Archer in and McB available
Good common sense,quite a few are playing in a division that is nothing like they have ever known,Hecky thinks they'll make it eventually,that'll do for me.

Agree with the sentiment of your post but describing him as weak is a fair assessment in my book.

He is a bit underpowered at the moment, but he will get stronger. I remember scores of players who weren't physically up to it over the years, most recently McBurnie and McAtee are players who stood out as being not strong enough, yet both quickly beefed up as required.

He is a bit underpowered at the moment, but he will get stronger. I remember scores of players who weren't physically up to it over the years, most recently McBurnie and McAtee are players who stood out as being not strong enough, yet both quickly beefed up as required.

Good point....Our back room team DO have a good track record of strengthening/ building up the physiques of players.

N'Diaye was another one that was light weight, easily pushed off the ball and used to fall down a lot.
Then I remember him coming back after a close season and you could see he had added so much more muscle and he was far far stronger.

McBurnie is another one who seems naturally skinny but he's also added some muscle and when fit, is now much stronger and it makes such a difference.

I've no doubts Traore will be built up into an athlete in the same way.

I remember this from the last time we were in the Prem but the big difference between the PL and the Championship
is that in the PL, every player looks like an athlete, many even look like amateur bodybuilders....Traore looks like a 12 year old boy in comparison.

I’m sceptical that Traore will come good, but I jumped the gun with McAtee so best wait and see.

One thing I’m not seeing, contrary to the general consensus, is that he works hard. I’m not seeing much pressing or closing down from Traore and he seems to lack the appetite for a battle when competing in duels.

He’s not being the nuisance I hoped he would be. There have been 15-20 spells where he’s been trying to link up play in the final third, and I thought his best spell was against City in the first half which was encouraging. But I agree he was woeful off the bench yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom