Ashley to buy Reading

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Donnyblade

Reaction score
How can Reading be more appealing than us? I know he's not everyone's choice but surely he's better than what we've got.

Does anyone actually know what the asking price is? I keep seeing people say it’s too high
Only going on the price mentioned on here.

Must be a reason why we seemingly can’t find a suitable buyer and the price stands out as the most obvious.

Unless he’s asking for billions do we really want an owner who can’t afford to pay what he’s asking?
Regardless of the speculation around the price etc, it is quite worrying that we don’t seem any closer to a sale after all this time especially when are led to believe the prince wanted out asap .

How can Reading be more appealing than us? I know he's not everyone's choice but surely he's better than what we've got.
I don't think he is . out of the frying pan into the fire springs to mind . Ask the toon army about him . Plus he may well think the prince is asking to much for us that seems to be the feeling .

It's just another case of a football club selling and we can't manage to find a credible buyer anywhere.

I dont think Ashley is what we want.

But something just doesn't add up with us and lack of buyer. I don't even think it's the price, I think the prince has probably made buying the club extremely convoluted and it's putting off potential buyers. I'm coming to this opinion based on how he has structured finances of the club, ground and academy.

I think if it was a clear 125m to buy the club in the PL we would have been bought by now.

I dont think Ashley is what we want.

But something just doesn't add up with us and lack of buyer. I don't even think it's the price, I think the prince has probably made buying the club extremely convoluted and it's putting off potential buyers. I'm coming to this opinion based on how he has structured finances of the club, ground and academy.

I think if it was a clear 125m to buy the club in the PL we would have been bought by now.
I don't agree with all your post, but do agree that the current owner has other ideas that are not transparent at present. It maybe difficult for him to go for various reasons and may take time, but the one thing that I am certain off is that he will run out of credit Sooner or later, what that means for us as a club, who knows?

Prince wants too much, is he asking potential buyers to buy United world as part of the deal, and he's said to want to keep an interest in the club, is this affecting the sale?

I don't think he is . out of the frying pan into the fire springs to mind . Ask the toon army about him . Plus he may well think the prince is asking to much for us that seems to be the feeling .
I doubt any club Ashley buys would ever be in an embargo.
Newcastle fans second only too the pigs in the self importance stakes.

We're not getting a takeover this season. No chance. If we sell the club now for £150mil as soon as relegation is confirmed that's the value gone down to £100mil for example. Any investors would have immediately lost £50mil. Who's going to do that? They'd wait until the summer and save £50mil and buy us for £100mil then.

We're not getting a takeover and other than free transfers on short contracts, or 6 month loan deals, we're not signing any players in January either. The Prince showed that last time we were in this position. I agreed with him on that then and I agree with that again now. It's a waste of money signing anyone in January unless by some miracle we suddenly start winning games and are within a whisker of getting out of the relegation fight.

Not a chance the Prince is going to get £100 million now. It was £120 million when Dozy was going to buy it, but that was when we were on track for Premier League. Then it went up to £170 million. But now, we are nailed on to return to the Championship, we’ve sold 2 big assets in Berge & Ndiaye and have another 15 players (assets) out of contract in July next year. The Prince should have sold in April /May this year just after promotion. He’s blown it now & will be lucky to get £50 million. But he’s too greedy & won’t sell at that price. So he will regret that too if we are mid table in Championship, when value will probably drop further. Only asset he will have left will be the stadium & a few players(ie. Hamer,)

It's an acknowledgement that yet another club has found a buyer and we can't.

What about the McCabe owned pieces of land within the Lane boundaries - could this be a factor putting buyers off ?

Then initial price suddenly jumped up when promoted didn't it? Or at least Dozy eluded to this.... he sort of hinted that the goalposts moved massively in terms of the initial arrangement.

I’ve honestly no idea. I’ve not seen anyone involved say anything about the asking price.

I can understand higher valuation/asking price though for a Premier League club.

I doubt any club Ashley buys would ever be in an embargo.
Newcastle fans second only too the pigs in the self importance stakes.
That's like saying if McCabe was at the wheel we would never be in an embargo ,which is correct but is it what we want ? An owner who has no intention of investing in the squad or should we keep what we have got with an owner who can't invest in the squad .Surely we deserve something better .The toon army were totally pissed of with Ashley for years and the final straw was when he invaded their bank accounts with out them knowing so no thanks we want better owners not worse . We don't want change for the sake of it we want change for the better .

Who needs an airport when we just have to find a little bit of space for one of these to land

I was once working at BL when we played Norwich. I was walking around the pitch as Delia Smith's helicopter landed on the halfway line 🤣.

Back
Top Bottom