Anyone else find this amusing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AceOfBlades

Reaction score
Hi all

Long time reader and I've never really felt the need to post on here until now. Yes, I blatantly copied an old Bladesmad users name (I thought I was being original at the time lol)

I've supported the blades since I've been knee height, and I'm still going with my dad to this day. I was a junior blade and used to stand at the bottom of the cop with my autograph book out ready for the players to come across and sign my book

My favorite memories are the Bassett era and obviously now is pretty good too! I used to watch the video of the 90/91 season on repeat in my living room, how good did we get! Just listening to the music on there brings back so many good memories. If you remember it or have never seen it I've posted it below, DEEEAAAANOOOOOO!

Anyway, I posted because I'm always on twitter, engaging every now and then with fellow blades and looking what other teams/fans are saying about us and I came across this poll. The season we went up from Div 1 I honestly thought we'd go straight up to the prem with most other clubs writing us off. I see the exact same happening again and I personally love it. It beggers belief how little other clubs know of how we play and how good Chris and Alan are.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Which of these teams will definitely get relegated next season? 🤔<br><br>It’s time for the <a href="https://twitter.com/betway?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@Betway</a> poll 📊<br><br>🔞 T&amp;Cs apply, gamble responsibly <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ad?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Ad</a></p>&mdash; talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) <a href="">June 16, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What thoughts do fellow blades have on this? Does it give you a warm tingly feeling like me or does it just make you feel different?

As always UTB

Realistically, I believe the poll is quite probably correct.

As a fan, if I start off with that mindset then it'll soften the blow if it happens. If we stay up, I'll obviously be delighted to have been incorrect.

It took me a very long time to believe we'd go up last season. There are times when I love being wrong.

cheers for posting
always a great watch except that little twat Strachan , remember my blood boiling watching that little twat celebrate after scoring at BL !
so many great memories , 2 million spent , didnt realise we spent 'so much' back then !

Atleast he isn't Scouse!

Always suits us being the underdog doesn't it!

So many Blades and people on the outside think we'll go straight back down but got to remember that is usually normal anyway for a newly promoted club.

But I think we'll be fine and survive, maybe its just blind optimism on my part but the way I'm looking at it is imagine the system we play but with better quality players at CW and AK's disposal 🤩

Come on we'll be absolutely fine these two are tactical innovators in the game at the moment and have twice had success with it during the last 3 seasons and they are here to stay in the PL for awhile yet!

If however we largely have the same team as last year (which I don't think will happen despite the owners) then yes I certainly wouldn't be very confident at all about staying up. And granted the budget (CW has been given one) isn't much by the sounds of it and none of us will know the actual figure (£20m is just whats being bandied about - could be higher or lower than this) but in CW and AK this will still be a lot of money that they've never had before and they won't squander it on shite.

No true Blade could make such an elementary error of judgement and call our legendary iconic place of footballing worship a ....Cop!!

Great to watch that again, thanks Ace. Not seen it since I got rid of the VHS. Might have to find the Triple Assault Video now.

Every season the 3 promoted from the championship are prime suspects for the bottom 3 slots. But more promoted teams stay up than relegated prem teams return straoght away. By 2 to 1
But the bookies and pundits will still have us as cannon fodder mainly as they don't know what we can do
I think the fixtures have been kind . No great clumps of games v top 6 clubs. Winnable games in every 3 or 4 if we get stuck in
Survival is achieveable .Maybee even better

Realistically, I believe the poll is quite probably correct.

As a fan, if I start off with that mindset then it'll soften the blow if it happens. If we stay up, I'll obviously be delighted to have been incorrect.

It took me a very long time to believe we'd go up last season. There are times when I love being wrong.

FOTH

But the bookies and pundits will still have us as cannon fodder mainly as they don't know what we can do
Until somebody lays a fiver on us to stay up then the bookies will see us as mid table.
If fifty quid more is laid on the Blades than any other team for success they'll have us as short odd champions.
They really don't know a lot more than the average punter.

Hi all

Long time reader and I've never really felt the need to post on here until now. Yes, I blatantly copied an old Bladesmad users name (I thought I was being original at the time lol)

I've supported the blades since I've been knee height, and I'm still going with my dad to this day. I was a junior blade and used to stand at the bottom of the cop with my autograph book out ready for the players to come across and sign my book

My favorite memories are the Bassett era and obviously now is pretty good too! I used to watch the video of the 90/91 season on repeat in my living room, how good did we get! Just listening to the music on there brings back so many good memories. If you remember it or have never seen it I've posted it below, DEEEAAAANOOOOOO!

Anyway, I posted because I'm always on twitter, engaging every now and then with fellow blades and looking what other teams/fans are saying about us and I came across this poll. The season we went up from Div 1 I honestly thought we'd go straight up to the prem with most other clubs writing us off. I see the exact same happening again and I personally love it. It beggers belief how little other clubs know of how we play and how good Chris and Alan are.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Which of these teams will definitely get relegated next season? 🤔<br><br>It’s time for the <a href="https://twitter.com/betway?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@Betway</a> poll 📊<br><br>🔞 T&amp;Cs apply, gamble responsibly <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ad?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Ad</a></p>&mdash; talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) <a href="">June 16, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What thoughts do fellow blades have on this? Does it give you a warm tingly feeling like me or does it just make you feel different?

As always UTB

I don't really care who has us as favourites to go down.
If Forest, Leeds, West Brom, Derby, Wendy, Swansea, Middlesboro or Stoke had gone up they wouldn't be favourites to go down despite being shit.

It's all about how people see us. Even if they're wrong and we stay up comfortably the opinions will be the same next year

I don't really care who has us as favourites to go down.
If Forest, Leeds, West Brom, Derby, Wendy, Swansea, Middlesboro or Stoke had gone up they wouldn't be favourites to go down despite being shit.

It's all about how people see us. Even if they're wrong and we stay up comfortably the opinions will be the same next year

Whoever goes up, especially from play offs, will generally be among the favourites for relegation at this time of year.

I seem to remember you having this mood of depression about a year ago. It led to you being accused by many of being a visitor from S6, that worked out okay in the end, didn’t it?

Chill for now, eh?

Thanks for posting, I've never seen this before. My first ever match was the penultimate home game of the season vs Spurs and my second game was against Norwich, the final game of that season.

Really good to see those goals as I have no memory of them at all (other than we were 2 nil down and pulled off the late comeback vs Spurs and I knew we'd won by the odd goal vs Norwich, I half-remembered it as a 3-2 win)

That Hodges interview was interesting. He talked about the Wembley thing - he did get to play there with with us, albeit the season after next - and although we didn't quite kick on enough to get to Europe (!) a 9th place finish wasn't a million miles off in the end!

I hope the MoTD pundits will be pleasantly surprised by our style of play and results go our way.

If Colin Murray could join us though as presenter instead of lineker and Benjamin Bloom as a pundit instead of Danny Murphy then they'd be telling viewers 'this is no surprise'.

Always suits us being the underdog doesn't it!

So many Blades and people on the outside think we'll go straight back down but got to remember that is usually normal anyway for a newly promoted club.

But I think we'll be fine and survive, maybe its just blind optimism on my part but the way I'm looking at it is imagine the system we play but with better quality players at CW and AK's disposal 🤩

Come on we'll be absolutely fine these two are tactical innovators in the game at the moment and have twice had success with it during the last 3 seasons and they are here to stay in the PL for awhile yet!

If however we largely have the same team as last year (which I don't think will happen despite the owners) then yes I certainly wouldn't be very confident at all about staying up. And granted the budget (CW has been given one) isn't much by the sounds of it and none of us will know the actual figure (£20m is just whats being bandied about - could be higher or lower than this) but in CW and AK this will still be a lot of money that they've never had before and they won't squander it on shite.

I'm not sure it does suit us to be the underdog. I think we are doing ourselves down by thinking of ourselves as the underdog. I don't know why some fans find it attractive or flattering. It's not. It's actually saying that we are perceived as not as good as others. I think it's time we started thinking more positively about ourselves and not keep living up to this "underdog" tag. We are the overdog - in this city for sure. And whilst we are entering into a new era in the top flight of English football, I still don't regard us as "underdogs" even at that level. I think we're a very good football team who will "overdog it" over many teams this coming season.

It's time to cast off these negative perceptions about our team and start thinking of ourselves as a big football club with a very good football team. Try it. See how it feels?

Sad Pork getting involved apart, I think that people may think we’re favourites to go down because the only news that’s come out of the club since the promotion dust settled is about the court case.

Other fans and media rightly see it as a big negative. No clear leadership at the very top, possible question marks over our level of funding going forward and even whether or not Wilder will stay. That’s the way the press and online media have portrayed it all, and that’s the take that fans of other clubs will have on us. We’d feel exactly the same if it was another club.

I'm not sure it does suit us to be the underdog. I think we are doing ourselves down by thinking of ourselves as the underdog. I don't know why some fans find it attractive or flattering. It's not. It's actually saying that we are perceived as not as good as others. I think it's time we started thinking more positively about ourselves and not keep living up to this "underdog" tag. We are the overdog - in this city for sure. And whilst we are entering into a new era in the top flight of English football, I still don't regard us as "underdogs" even at that level. I think we're a very good football team who will "overdog it" over many teams this coming season.

It's time to cast off these negative perceptions about our team and start thinking of ourselves as a big football club with a very good football team. Try it. See how it feels?

Well what I was alluding to was we've never done well in the past when we've been the favourites e.g. promotion/relegation deciders and in P/O campaigns. In my opinion we tend to perform better and get results when no one expects us to e.g. the cup runs under NW and Clough not so long ago. I'm just saying it as I see it because usually that's how this club seems to be. I'm a young fan though so maybe it's not always been like this, I know we were top flight regulars for the majority of the 20th century but the club has certainly underachieved for the last 40 years.

I'm certainly with you fully on what you say though, and already I think CW & AK have turned the club around and have the faith that they will continue to do so. If we sustain in the top flight and win a cup or two then I'm sure we will be rid of the negative perceptions you mentioned.

Well what I was alluding to was we've never done well in the past when we've been the favourites e.g. promotion/relegation deciders and in P/O campaigns. In my opinion we tend to perform better and get results when no one expects us to e.g. the cup runs under NW and Clough not so long ago. I'm just saying it as I see it because usually that's how this club seems to be. I'm a young fan though so maybe it's not always been like this, I know we were top flight regulars for the majority of the 20th century but the club has certainly underachieved for the last 40 years.

I'm certainly with you fully on what you say though, and already I think CW & AK have turned the club around and have the faith that they will continue to do so. If we sustain in the top flight and win a cup or two then I'm sure we will be rid of the negative perceptions you mentioned.
The truth is that the more money has become important in the game, the worse we’ve done. Because Sheffield is a poor city that has become poorer over time. If we don’t get cheap tickets, we don’t go. We’ve struggled to get good sponsorship deals as long as I’ve been supporting the club. We didn’t even have a four sided ground until the 70s. And we haven’t won owt for nearly 100 years.

Winning helps clubs grow. That’s why Liverpool and Man U are massive. Because they kept winning things, attracting more support, investing the money from Cup runs domestically and in Europe in better players, so they kept winning stuff.

We won’t sustain top flight football, we may manage a run of a few years but we’ll never be like Spurs or Arsenal etc who are as unlikely to go down as Burnley are to win the league and we won’t win a cup or two, because no club our size will win more than one, if they’re really lucky, like Wigan and Swansea, because the cups are usually won by the one of the big six.

Back
Top Bottom