Anyone else just a bit "meh" about all this?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
I thought I'd actually be gutted when the day came, but I'm actually not that moved by today's activities tbh.
I've been a Wilder clapper since day one, I thinks that's obvious to all who've read my shit posts over the last 4 years, but I'm very "meh" about today.
I guess only time will tell if things work out better with Chris gone, but I'm half pissed off and half looking forwards to something different. It's not been the greatest season ever has it.
Being in my fifties I've been through worse than this, so I'm wary and optimistic at the same time.
My only real concern today is wondering if we'll keep JOC!

I thought I'd actually be gutted when the day came, but I'm actually not that moved by today's activities tbh.
I've been a Wilder clapper since day one, I thinks that's obvious to all who've read my shit posts over the last 4 years, but I'm very "meh" about today.
I guess only time will tell if things work out better with Chris gone, but I'm half pissed off and half looking forwards to something different. It's not been the greatest season ever has it.
Being in my fifties I've been through worse than this, so I'm wary and optimistic at the same time.
Keeping Berge for me.

I thought I might be on my own with this but I’m not all that bothered either way. It was going to happen at some point and regardless of the excellent job that Wilder has done for us he isn’t the club. We’ll still exist and that’s good enough for me. I wish he’d been around a bit longer but getting upset about it won’t change anything.

Losing Wilder is much worse than relegation. We’ll lose more than JOC, unless a player comes out and says that they all hated him anyway.

I'm gutted, but in a resigned sort of way, not a smash the TV and throw the crockery "what's the fucking point?!" kind of way.

It's like I had a really nice modern classic car, something that might be worth a fortune in 10 to 15 years, loved it, spent money on it, pride and joy, but then some pillock in a Range Rover crushes the front in Morrisons car park and I'm waiting to hear the mechanic tell me he can't get the parts and it's not economical to repair it even though I already know.

How dare you draw on experience.....
Don’t you have owt to Chuck out of your pram,no blames to blame,no knee jerk reactions?....call yourself a blade?
When I posted that Wilder owed us an apology I was actually serious. And it was the first time I'd said anything negative towards him.
That display was totally unacceptable and deserved an apology. I think at that point I lost a lot of respect for him. Especially as he's all too ready to blame players.
That night was his turn to take some blame. And he didn't.

If were basing this on experience then its a disaster isnt it.

Haha. Those were good days. Still no idea why I was perma banned though. None of the admins had a clue either.
Weird place but some great memories.

Got run into the ground by Gizmo and his merry band of wankers. I got permabanned too, although mine was deserved 🤭
I miss seeing grown men offer each other out every Friday night for fisticuffs sometimes 😁

It's great when somebody else posts it so you don't have to wear the helmet. Thanks KN. Also in my 50s and also having some perspective (and also knowing you from BM under a different banner)

Got run into the ground by Gizmo and his merry band of wankers. I got permabanned too, although mine was deserved 🤭
I miss seeing grown men offer each other out every Friday night for fisticuffs sometimes 😁
It was a bit mental wasn't it. :D
Argos car park would have been a place of slaughter if all those threats were actually carried through. 😂

This is like the longest VAR decision in history.

Football is the most emotional yet conversely the least important thing in my life. Lockdown seems to have weened me off the game and it’s more in prospective given the shit that’s hit us already and what’s to hit us yet.

I’ve had more interest in watching the championship games last few months than watching the PL mainly because we are not to PL standard under current owners and dare I say manager. He would have been best man to lead us in the Championship but if we got promoted and he was given the eye watering funds again would the outcome be different?

More of a worry for me after the poor ownership record of Woolhouse (was he ever caught?), Hinchcliffe (was he ever released?), Brearly, McDonald, McCabe and now HRH we look ready to repeat history, do it ont cheap and snatch defeat from the jaws of success.

I didn’t want him to leave, but let’s be honest, he will be £7 million better off. At a time when quite a few Blades will be unemployed and worried about paying the bills, me included. It’s not a dig at Chris in any way, I don’t begrudge him the money, but perhaps a little perspective is required.

Back
Top Bottom