Gone Elsewhere Antonee Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Someone's mentioned on twitter that Newcastle have come in and matched our offer. No idea how credible the source is though.

If we pull this off it will be an excellent signing, I thought we were already quite strong on the left side but Wilder is probably as alarmed as the rest of us by Stevens' drop in form after the restart, and it seems that Osborn is more of a natural competitor for Fleck, with J Robinson being cover for JOC's position.

We need a similar quality signing for RWB too. As consistent as Baldock is, the law of averages say that he won't play every minute for 2 seasons in a row, so we need someone who can at least slot in and perform at a similar level.

I really hope that we see some movement this week.

If, as it appears, CW wants him, we need to get him signed quickly given other teams are also rumoured to be interested.

I reckon if we were signing this lad for £10m this transfer would be getting a lot more hype, he seems exactly the player we should be after and i would be flabbergasted if we don’t turn a profit on him as a minimum, £2m seems like we have robbed Wigan blind, especially for a talented young player who was due a £6m move to AC Milan in January

Can't understand the praise for Nixon on this, Yank called it/suggested it over a week ago. As ever I looked at a clip of him and out of all those named so far he is 'the most Sheff United style' signing of all those named so far. It was an easy call, I don't want to use the broken clock analogy but it fits to a tee here.

Some nice competition now down the left side with LWB/LMF being scrapped over by Fleck, Osborn, Enda & Antonee.
With JoC covered by Jack & (at a pinch) Enda , we look ok on the left altogether.

Just need a right footed CB now to push Egan & Bash.

Strikers is more complex - depends if Calum & Moose leave.

Some nice competition now down the left side with LWB/LMF being scrapped over by Fleck, Osborn, Enda & Antonee.
With JoC covered by Jack & (at a pinch) Enda , we look ok on the left altogether.

Just need a right footed CB now to push Egan & Bash.

Strikers is more complex - depends if Calum & Moose leave.
And a RCM?

“I’ll definitely have to consider moving on. Wigan need the funds and they’re going to sell whoever the most attractive players are," he told the Liverpool Echo.
“I was already up for sale in January so hopefully that means I can kick on. If it’s the best for me, they’re going to let me go. But that’s out of my hands as well. If I’ve done well enough then someone comes in for me and it works for Wigan and myself. If not, I’ll crack on.
“AC Milan have kept watching me and they were great from when I had the testing on my heart. When I came back from the medical, I still had to have them at Wigan. They were really great at staying in touch and seeing how I was.
“The main thing for me next season is I want to keep playing and keep doing well and performing. If it looks like I’m not going to start, it (Milan) might not be an option unless I’m not getting the offer to start elsewhere.
“My goal next season, no matter where I am and what I’m doing, I just want to play. We’ll just see what happens.”

I wonder if there has been a really good offer received for Enda that CWAK thinks is too good to turn down?

Maybe this lad is a direct replacement, freeing up more money to strengthen elsewhere?

UTB

I wonder if there has been a really good offer received for Enda that CWAK thinks is too good to turn down?

Maybe this lad is a direct replacement, freeing up more money to strengthen elsewhere?

UTB

Highly doubt it. Stevens is 30. Nobody is going to be lobbing big money at us for him and he's just signed a contract.

I think it's simply a case of a good player coming up for a ridiculous price and it's an area where we only have one recognised player. Robinson being the long term successor to Stevens will be the plan

Back
Top Bottom