Anel Ahmedhodzic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been thinking about this.

If we were to sell we would want to now to give us a chance to sign a replacement or a few signings perhaps.

What's betting on a 31st January exit for him. And then probably not to Napoli but like Brentford or the like.

Leaving only time for a loan we didn't really want.

Been thinking about this.

If we were to sell we would want to now to give us a chance to sign a replacement or a few signings perhaps.

What's betting on a 31st January exit for him. And then probably not to Napoli but like Brentford or the like.

Leaving only time for a loan we didn't really want.
Bet you are fun at parties

Bet you are fun at parties
Haha. Thing is I'm normally quite optimistic about blades matters.

Even now Im still got a ridiculous faint hope that wilder can perform a miracle. Perhaps aided by some points deductions as well.

But can't help but feel scarred by our transfer sagas of late. And our usual tendency to wait till the end of the window and not quite make it.

I know where you are coming from, but you sounded suicidal.
take care

None of this had anything to do with Ndiaye and Berge leaving and solving all of those problems wouldn't have made keeping them any more likely.

Ndiaye chose to leave despite us offering the biggest contract in our history. It must have been a decent offer because he agreed to it! Only a gun to the head from Marseille changed that.

I'm not sure what more can be done for this to be understood. Perhaps the only thing that would've changed anything is being promoted in the first season under PH, having a good season in the PL, staying up, and being out of Marseille's reach.

Berge refused to sign a new deal despite months of talks. We rightly decided to recoup some value from a player. I don't give a fuck where he's gone or whose vision he's bought into. Our problem was losing a potentially valuable asset for nothing and we solved that problem.
I know this is what Abdullah has told us, however if Ndiaye believed that we were a better prospect than Marseille he’d have stayed. As much as people can say we negotiated early with him and he turned it down, I don’t believe that was the case.

I think we waited until we realised that we were fairly dependent on him (start of last season) and then offered him a new deal. The ball is in his court at that point and it could have gone either way.

It was clear from the first game he played that he was excellent, at that point you throw the rulebook out of the window and pay the lad what he’s worth (not the reported £4k a week he was on).

He may still have left but at least we tried.

Berge I think was hawked around over 3 transfer windows and probably jaded as a result. He may never have signed a new deal but by seemingly trying to sell him at every opportunity we didn’t really paint ourselves in a good light. I don’t blame him for moving on.

I know this is what Abdullah has told us, however if Ndiaye believed that we were a better prospect than Marseille he’d have stayed. As much as people can say we negotiated early with him and he turned it down, I don’t believe that was the case.

I think we waited until we realised that we were fairly dependent on him (start of last season) and then offered him a new deal. The ball is in his court at that point and it could have gone either way.

It was clear from the first game he played that he was excellent, at that point you throw the rulebook out of the window and pay the lad what he’s worth (not the reported £4k a week he was on).

Berge I think was hawked around over 3 transfer windows and probably jaded as a result. He may never have signed a new deal but by seemingly trying to sell him at every opportunity we didn’t really paint ourselves in a good light. I don’t blame him for moving on.

All bob on IMHO; think we’re fairly aligned in our view of SUFC direction of travel right now.

Berge was a good pro and a good player. The fact he thought Burnley were a better bet is depressing, but probably right.

Staying up in your first season buys you an extra year of parachute payments, worth about £20m

All bob on IMHO; think we’re fairly aligned in our view of SUFC direction of travel right now.

Berge was a good pro and a good player. The fact he thought Burnley were a better bet is depressing, but probably right.
Possibly more Kompany rather than Burnley
He must have said something Hecky didn't.🤔
They do like to play on the front foot.We all know Hecky,bless him ,didn't.👍

Possibly more Kompany rather than Burnley
He must have said something Hecky didn't.🤔
They do like to play on the front foot.We all know Hecky,bless him ,didn't.👍
My take on Berge is that he left United to escape the unrealistic expectation (and the injury risk) to beat teams single-handed-ly. Would you rather play for a team where for 90 minutes week in week out you're given the ball at every opportunity by players worse than you and expected to then bust a gut sprinting 70m before smashing the ball into the top corner OR play for team surrounded by similarly talented players where you're on;ly expected to do your fair share.

And our usual tendency to wait till the end of the window and not quite make it.

Do clubs sell their best players for the fist offer, the moment the window opens, or hang on for the best offer ?

45 years of running my own business would lead me to think the latter.

Marseille were in the champions league.

A small but maybe important point.
In the same way that Scottish teams are. I get why he wanted to go there, but he should have been on a contract where if he wanted to go we got £30m for him. We panicked and took a lot less because we were slow on the uptake.

he should have been on a contract where if he wanted to go we got £30m for him.

He refused to sign a new contract though, to allow himself to keep his options open.

His agent would have pushed him to do this.

Players don't all wear Bladey Blade spectacles like supporters do, it's a job/career for them.

He refused to sign a new contract though, to allow himself to keep his options open.

His agent would have pushed him to do this.

Players don't all wear Bladey Blade spectacles like supporters do, it's a job/career for them.
In my opinion he should have been offered a new contract 18 months before he walked away, pretty much after he played a few games for the first team and looked absolutely brilliant (albeit cramp ridden).

Temperature in Marseille tomorrow is 15 degrees ( plus, not minus).

But Illy should have stayed in Sheffield :oops: .

In my opinion he should have been offered a new contract 18 months before he walked away

Would he have signed it though.

You can lead a horse to water.

We gave a new contract to Leon Clarke after all those goals he scored for us, he bought a new Bentley and never scored again (1 cup goal).

It's easy to offer multi million pound contracts when it's not our money.

He probably thought anyone other than us was a better bet

both nidaye and berge wanted to leave the club and the way berge is performing at burnley weve got the best of the 2 with hamer hes not been great but has given us more than berge would have and he will be back in the championship again next season with burnley cant see any premier league club coming in for him

Last edited:

I'm sure it's been said, unofficially of course, that Ndiaye is on less at Marseille than had he signed the new deal. That suggests we couldn't match his priorities. We're not in Europe, we're not competing for domestic silverware and, probably most importantly at this moment, we're not Marseille. I agree that we could've done a lot more throughout his time with us but I don't feel any of that played a part in him going. As we've said already, he agreed to stay. Then the goalposts moved.

Berge I'm really unperturbed about. How his situation played out was very typical of a low end PL club making a big signing and it not quite working out. We could've very easily lost him for nothing, see Lundstram. I actually think we did well to move him on because you'd think it was in his interests to become a free agent.

Would he have signed it though.

You can lead a horse to water.

We gave a new contract to Leon Clarke after all those goals he scored for us, he bought a new Bentley and never scored again (1 cup goal).

It's easy to offer multi million pound contracts when it's not our money.
We don’t know if he’d have signed it.

But as a player who’d previously signed a new contract and possibly didn’t know his value at that point he might have been more likely.

Yes, spending other people’s money is easy, it doesn’t mean we can’t discuss it though.

I'm sure it's been said, unofficially of course, that Ndiaye is on less at Marseille than had he signed the new deal
My point is that whatever offer we made was a last minute scramble because of previous inaction. Whether it was more or less than what Marseille offered will never be known.

Abdullah did insinuate that we were paying Berge around £65k a week though, I don’t believe that either.

I think he says what he thinks fans want to hear and unfortunately a lot of people take it as gospel.

£20 million??? That’ll do nicely. Kerching…
Euros.
And even then that could be over years of targets and add ons.

both nidaye and berge wanted to leave the club and the way berge is performing at burnley weve got the best of the 2 with hamer hes not been great but has given us more than berge would have and he will be back in the championship again next season with burnley cant see any premier league club coming in for him

Berge has been really good at Burnley and is really well liked by their fans. Hamer might go on to be the better signing but Berge has made the bigger impact so far this season. Many of their fans think he's been their best player.

Berge has been really good at Burnley and is really well liked by their fans. Hamer might go on to be the better signing but Berge has made the bigger impact so far this season. Many of their fans think he's been their best player.

I'd say Hamer is a better championship player but in the prem it's all about physique as much as ability.

Berge may not be a powerhouse but he's a big strapping lad with long strides.

Whereas Hamer resembles a Christmas pudding.

Do clubs sell their best players for the fist offer, the moment the window opens, or hang on for the best offer ?

45 years of running my own business would lead me to think the latter.
So we sell at a lower offer, but can also buy at a lower one.

Back
Top Bottom