Anel Ahmedhodžić out injured for 4 weeks!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Star reporting injury happened after meeting up with Bosnian team

But who knows if that's accurate

Star reporting injury happened after meeting up with Bosnian team

But who knows if that's accurate

The state SEO / traffic focused writing has left the state of journalism is horrendous

‘Amazing squad theory ‘ FFS - basically translates to Norwood reckons we’ve got a strong squad.

Not nessecarily the star but most articles these days are Barely coherent and just a churned out list of sentences that might be near the top of a Google search.

The star know absolutely nothing and will be going off the same stuff we’ve all seen online.

Hopefully nothing in it, though knowing our luck he’s out for the season.

If Bogle is back then play Bogle at RWB and move Baldock to RCB.

Failing that then Gordon comes in at RCB.

I would rather either of the above Than switch to a 4-4-2 and have Egan and Bash playing in the centre 2 of a back 4.
I can't imagine that Bogle will be ready to start by 1st October

The trouble with the media is that someone starts a rumour out of mischief or for ulterior motives and the next thing numerous journalists rehash it until it becomes an unconfirmed truth. Hecky must have been sick of all the rumours about Berge and then Egan in every press conference . Nothing came of either. No investigative journalism as to where the rumour started and if there is any truth in it. They just repeat what they have read elsewehere. I wish the club were pressed more on the injury issues and what is being looked at if anything. It can't all be down to dodgy pitches at Shirecliffe. can't remember thuis number of injuries when players were playing on heavy, muddy pitches every week and not the lawns they are on now.

Does Khadra have any experience playing at wing back ? I keep seeing it being mentioned.

If we are keeping the 5 at the back, then we either need to trust Gordon, or get creative.

The latter could be Khadra at LWB, but as said above, does he have any experience there?

A better option (IMO) is to stick Baldock in at LWB, as he did ok there briefly last season. Then we look at who can cover RWB, assuming Bogle still isn't ready.
Berge maybe? He ain't great defensively, but he can bomb forward with ease, and we don't have a better crosser in the squad at the moment. The problem might be stamina, as he would probably be fucked after 60 minutes in that role.

This is becoming a joke. If we're serious about promotion to the premier league, we need to stop thinking about playing square pegs in round holes and invest in a left-sided defensive player or two.

Bit of a waste of jet fuel and time. He is well enough to fly to Sarajevo, meets up with team members, then he is assessed with a thigh injury. It must have been a bumpy flight. What is going on with these injuries to our players.

This is becoming a joke. If we're serious about promotion to the premier league, we need to stop thinking about playing square pegs in round holes and invest in a left-sided defensive player or two.

We did that with Clark and then giving Lowe another shot. Unfortunately lefties do about as well in this team at the minute, as the lefties do on Vital.

I mean it’s not like we can do anything for months anyway.

And you can’t say we haven’t invested

JOC
STevens
Robinson
Clarke
Osborn are all out.

Even one or two back and there would be no crisis. A wing back returning would allow Rnd to play there.

I mean it’s not like we can do anything for months anyway.

And you can’t say we haven’t invested

JOC
STevens
Robinson
Clarke
Osborn are all out.

Even one or two back and there would be no crisis. A wing back returning would allow Rnd to play there.
It needn't be months as I've said before. There are several left-sided defenders available as free agents NOW.

Just play Gomis LCB he'll probably be better for a week or two than any free agents who are miles off match fitness.

We need to face the fact that, even with a decent pre season, and a good transfer window, there will come a time when PH is required to juggle his existing squad.

This might mean playing some people out of position, or giving academy players a chance. We had to do it last season, and this season is no different.

We as supporters were all content with the policy of two players for every position, especially when the Prince agreed to fund Anel and a few decent loans in order to make that happen.

We cannot afford to spend money on 3 players for each position. If we do that, there is no point in having an academy of any status. These are the problems that PH and his management team get paid for. They don’t always get it right, but our league position suggests that they are getting things right mostly.

RND is one of our own. Arblaster has shown the potential to do the same or better. If McBurnie was still goalless, we might be debating over Jebbo or Osula? Let PH do what he is paid to do, i.e. manage the football side of things.

Think like an academy player. This is your big chance. If you take it, your future at the club is assured. If we lose, he will get the blame for it. That is a PH problem, not a supporters problem.

The star know absolutely nothing and will be going off the same stuff we’ve all seen online.

Hopefully nothing in it, though knowing our luck he’s out for the season.
What's the timeline on this diagnosis!
He couldn't have arrived in Bosnia sometime Sunday or possibly another place where the squad was assembling,so Monday sometime would have been the start.
In the space of a few hours Alen either damages his flat muscle? or was carrying that from the Preston match.
Everything happening at pace! Wouldn't have had time for a scan to diagnose a ruptured thigh muscle.
How much fact is there on this.
I think we have to wait for a proper diagnosis back in England !that's when he will get a thorough check not done in double quick time with more than just guesswork at play.

If we are keeping the 5 at the back, then we either need to trust Gordon, or get creative.

The latter could be Khadra at LWB, but as said above, does he have any experience there?

A better option (IMO) is to stick Baldock in at LWB, as he did ok there briefly last season. Then we look at who can cover RWB, assuming Bogle still isn't ready.
Berge maybe? He ain't great defensively, but he can bomb forward with ease, and we don't have a better crosser in the squad at the moment. The problem might be stamina, as he would probably be fucked after 60 minutes in that role.
😂😂 Unbelievable Jeff

Err you do realize how many left sided players we have at the club right... Every time we get a new one in the shirecliffe sniper gets them.

Can't see us bringing in anymore left sided players with Clark and Ozzy back around the same time.

Whether you like it or not we're just going to have to make do and get creative.

What's the timeline on this diagnosis!
He couldn't have arrived in Bosnia sometime Sunday or possibly another place where the squad was assembling,so Monday sometime would have been the start.
In the space of a few hours Alen either damages his flat muscle? or was carrying that from the Preston match.
Everything happening at pace! Wouldn't have had time for a scan to diagnose a ruptured thigh muscle.
How much fact is there on this.
I think we have to wait for a proper diagnosis back in England !that's when he will get a thorough check not done in double quick time with more than just guesswork at play.
Was still in Sheffield Sunday lunchtime so even if he's travelled out that evening then he's probably not even trained until the Monday at the earliest.

I'm still calling bullshit on this.

Was still in Sheffield Sunday lunchtime so even if he's travelled out that evening then he's probably not even trained until the Monday at the earliest.

I'm still calling bullshit on this.
I'm with you on that

I've watched every single game since he signed and can honestly say I can't remember Berge ever putting in a cross from out wide. How have you come to the conclusion he's the best crosser in the squad?

Getting to the byline and putting the ball in to the six yard box, yes he's brilliant, but the skill there is beating his man and getting to the byline, not the "cross".

I've watched every single game since he signed and can honestly say I can't remember Berge ever putting in a cross from out wide. How have you come to the conclusion he's the best crosser in the squad?

Getting to the byline and putting the ball in to the six yard box, yes he's brilliant, but the skill there is beating his man and getting to the byline, not the "cross".
You must watch with your eyes close, yes he drives into the six yard box but he also puts good balls into the box from wide right.

Getting to the byline and putting the ball in to the six
yard box, yes he's brilliant, but the skill there is beating his man and getting to the byline, not the "cross".

Well he puts in a better ball than Baldock or Basham, but yes it's not from as wide a position. He has certainly contributed to goals from that part of the pitch anyway. As I said, it's just an option to explore but in any case would be a square peg.

On further reflection I would probably say that RND is the best crosser from wide positions.

Assuming Ahmedhodzic is out, these are the options for the back 5. Bold is first team player in a natural position, normal text is someone who's played there in a competitive game, italics for U21s with matchday squad experience

RWB: Baldock, Starbuck
RCB: Basham, Gordon, Baldock
CB: Egan
LCB: RND, Basham, Egan (ROI), Gomis
LWB: RND, Baldock

From that I'd say our best bet is Baldock - Basham - Egan - Gomis - RND but that is reliant on Gomis being a whole lot better than he's appeared in any of the U21s/U23s games I've seen. We may even be better off switching to a back four until we get one of the other first teamers back.

Back
Top Bottom