Incoming? Alex Collado

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So In summary, deal in principle agreed a while ago, but the agents let it go to the end thinking we’d pay anything out to get it over the line and we refused.
I wish and hope that clubs, post covid, will tell agents where to stick there last minute demands. If all the clubs do this then agents won't prey on desperate clubs needing one of their clients as that tactic will back fire and piss off the player. Oh the days of a pint and a handshake. What would Brian Clough think of all this?

Could be worth converting Osborn and bogle to wingers? Maybe playing Osborn LW Mcburnie ST Brewster RW could work. Or Brewster LW Mcburnie ST Bogle RW? Suggesting this because it doesn’t seem these two will get game time but they are class IMO
Osborn on the wing🤮🤮

We were never going to sign him for Gods sake, still don’t know how this works?

Do you ever criticise agents especially the rouge ones? You ALWAYS criticise the club
Agents are here. Always will be now.

The issue is how late we left everything.

Imagine if we continue struggling near the bottom and I said to my mates/friends of other clubs...'its not my clubs fault we failed to do any transfers for 9 months and we haven't got better players in...its the agents fault! I can't blame United. We did our best!'

Laughable excuses really for a flawed recruitment plan.

View attachment 120296Probably the best team to play now
Like the midfield, that's one area sorted this window. But Brewster at right forward, no way, there's only one position he can play and that's centre forward and finishing off crosses. It all rides on whether Hourihane and MGW are able to provide the attacking flair that has so far being absent.

I think if Slav does go 4-3-3 then MGW may well play on the one of the wide forwards, I can't see him dropping Norwood yet as he rated him highly from Fulham days.

As I said on another thread. I just hope MGW will be played in the Duffy role, that's surely got to be our best chance no of success.

Agents are here. Always will be now.

The issue is how late we left everything.

Imagine if we continue struggling near the bottom and I said to my mates/friends of other clubs...'its not my clubs fault we failed to do any transfers for 9 months and we haven't got better players in...its the agents fault! I can't blame United. We did our best!'

Laughable excuses really for a flawed recruitment plan.
We are still stuck with Wilder's signings!

Like the midfield, that's one area sorted this window. But Brewster at right forward, no way, there's only one position he can play and that's centre forward and finishing off crosses. It all rides on whether Hourihane and MGW are able to provide the attacking flair that has so far being absent.

I think if Slav does go 4-3-3 then MGW may well play on the one of the wide forwards, I can't see him dropping Norwood yet as he rated him highly from Fulham days.

As I said on another thread. I just hope MGW will be played in the Duffy role, that's surely got to be our best chance no of success.
Who puts the crosses in for Brewster? A 22 million pound bomb for the foreseeable.

Deadbat , not SUFC's fault.

No issues with us not proceeding if that's the case BUT the issue is leaving this to the last minute and having no back up.

It's poor planning.

I'm not annoyed we pulled out of this transfer particular but I'm annoyed with the club for doing everything so late and giving us no time to look at other options.

Dominqos Quina signed for Fulham. A creative player, who can play out wide. Effective transfer strategy again from Tony Khan..

With 5mins left after all the agreements?

You've hit the nail on the head over my main issue!

Why were we doing it with 5 mins left?!

We then had time to get anyone else. We've had weeks and months. Granted some deals don't get done till later in Augyst but even today you set a deadline and if everything is not signed off by a certain time then you pull it and move into your next target?

Just seems amateurish to me. Maybe the plan was to wait right till the last minute for these players...Olsen and Collado? Seems a risky strategy and looks to have backfired fir the latter.

Last minute fees added on by the agent has scuppered this one. Interestingly this lad also had a move to Brugge scuppered at this stage earlier in the summer I doubt that’s a coincidence
Just thinking Yogi, if this was agreed days/weeks ago then surely we should have smelt a rat by the fact that this wasn't concluded running right up to the last day of the window. Not saying that you've said it was agreed weeks ago, so if it was scuppered at the last minute then surely it's fair to say that leaving it to the last minute is always risky and we've ended up with eggs on our faces, with not one but two players, who were both wingers. Maybe only one was to be signed but we've ended up with neither. It stinks, and to say we've just come down from the PL we should have the funds to sign two wingers from PL clubs on loan or permanent like the lad that went to Birmingham, even withstanding for a large wage bill and expensive flops we'll be paying out fees for.

It's all about greasing the wheels of the agents, get that done it's 90% of the battle sorted.

Easiest solution is offering agent a fixed success fee, with a bonus if done before X timeframe.

If deal not completed by then ya move on.

Yep.

Absolutely with SUFC.

They failed to deliver what they promised him. 5 players. And the players we desperately needed to play the way he wants to.

Who do you blame? The agents or the work permit rules?!

United have had since June to get the players in to improve the squad. We have replaced Ramsdale with Ollsen and Lundstram with Hourihane.

I like the Gibbs White signing and jury out on Davies but it was clear we needed creativity and goals ....we barely have created more than 1 chance per game for 12 months.

I just feel scrambling around for players minutes before a deadline and waiting on an agent or a player who can change their mind is bordering on amateurish from the club. Deals should gave been done days/weeks ago for players. If our number one targets were not done we move onto the next ones.

I cannot believe the club transfer policy is wait till the last hour in Auguat and sign 5-6 loan players to make up half the team? Obviously we only got half of them anyway if that was the plan!

Agree with most of that. We've left it too late in the window for 5 or 6 new players to come in. We all know from experience the ability of our admin people in failing to get deals over the line is legendary yet we are still adopting the bad habits of old.

I'm relieved we've got Olsen but as you say those coming in have been like for like. There are also problems on the horizon should Egan get injured. Young Lopata apart we have no capable back up that can deal with the ball in the air at the back.

I'll give the Club some leeway being screwed over by an agent at the 11th hour in Collados case but none of the wingers we have supposedly been after have materialised. Maybe Bettis and Co are desperate for SJ to continue with the depressing 3-5-2 formation. There is no excuse for losing a player due to work permit issues. Its incompetent yet the usual suspects are still being allowed to continue making the same mistakes.

SJ will be relieved there are some additional midfield recruits yet understandably is going to be unhappy with the failure to get any wide players in. It limits his options. He will at least now know that its not just a case of squeezing money out of the owners during the transfer window. You have to plan to deal with the inefficiencies of the recruitment and admin teams as well.

Back to blaming agents and technology again
Fucking tinpot twats

If they go down they'll get what they deserve

Here's my slightly alternative take:

The lad was never wholly sold on coming to play in the Championship and had made it clear on more than one occasion he didn't want to leave.

Koeman told him there was no room for him this year.

Now suddenly Antoine de Griezman has gone. Memphis is a certain starter up front but then you have an injured Agüero, an Injured Dembele, an injured Fati, Braithwaite who seems to ok but is still a bit meh and potentially a downgrade on de Griezman coming in.

He gets his agent to put a spanner in the works last minute to prevent being sent elsewhere because he fancies his chances of squeezing a way in. All he needs is one player to lose form or the replacement for de Griezman to not come off and he's in there.

The lad was never wholly sold on coming to play in the Championship and had made it clear on more than one occasion he didn't want to leave.

Now suddenly Antoine de Griezman has gone. Memphis is a certain starter up front but then you have an injured Agüero, an Injured Dembele, an injured Fati, Braithwaite who seems to ok but is still a bit meh and potentially a downgrade on de Griezman coming in.

He gets his agent to put a spanner in the works last minute to prevent being sent elsewhere because he fancies his chances of squeezing a way in. All he needs is one player to lose form or the replacement for de Griezman to not come off and he's in there.
Not registered to play for the Barca first team so that’s not a possibility.

Ah, I've been expecting you, Mr Bettis...

After the Birmingham match it was blatantly obvious we needed a winger or two. That should’ve been the number one priority in this window, so to not sign at least one is a massive fuck up.

There are absolutely no excuses, we’ve had months to sign players. I’m struggling to see how we can now make a serious promotion push this season. It’s that big of a mistake in my opinion.

Surely Barca would just tell us to shuffle on if we said 'Here's a loan offer for your talented young player half Europe is interested in - take it or leave it, but if you don't confirm by 15 August the deal is off.' They would quite rightly want to see all the offers before making a call. This means it inevitably goes to the last minute and then Mr Cockup can intervene in any number of ways (some of which can be our own doing).

Our choice seems to be either accept going to the wire and try to land quality from the big boys or get bodies in from smaller teams that can't afford to dick us around.

In Barcelona’s predicament I bet they’re as pissed off with this as we are

Just thinking Yogi, if this was agreed days/weeks ago then surely we should have smelt a rat by the fact that this wasn't concluded running right up to the last day of the window. Not saying that you've said it was agreed weeks ago, so if it was scuppered at the last minute then surely it's fair to say that leaving it to the last minute is always risky and we've ended up with eggs on our faces, with not one but two players, who were both wingers. Maybe only one was to be signed but we've ended up with neither. It stinks, and to say we've just come down from the PL we should have the funds to sign two wingers from PL clubs on loan or permanent like the lad that went to Birmingham, even withstanding for a large wage bill and expensive flops we'll be paying out fees for.
Yeah definitely I think you increase your chances of this sort of thing happening by leaving it late as it puts even more power in the hands of the agent when they think you’re desperate

1. Seems obvious the player didn't want to come here and basically being forced out by Barcelona. Do we really want that player on our books?
2. You do your business early. If a club or player starts messing you about, just move on. That's the beauty of extensive scouting you have a list and show other clubs you're serious. Sure, you'll miss out on a few but there will be more situations like this. We're lucky Olsen signed and we didn't end up with Smithies!

As much as I am disappointed about this the priority for me was a) a good goalkeeper and b) improving the midfield, both have been achieved.

Yes we wanted wide men but that awful flat midfield has been the major problem over the last 2 years, no creativity and awful defensively. The signings will provide for creativity and spark for sure.

Wide men remains a problem but with a better midfield who knows, Burke might click, (just like Ramsdale last season) and we have to now look seriously at Illiam Ndaiye, if he's as good as they say get him involved....Slav has never had a problem sticking the kids in at previous clubs...

Back
Top Bottom