Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 10th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1565024492276.png V. 1565024512398.png

EPL Week 1 - Saturday 10th August 2019 - Dean Court

Here's your match thread for the EPL season opener at Dean Court. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bournemouth-vs-sheffield-united.465/

Officials:

Referee:
Friend, Kevin
Assistant Referee: Wilkes, Matthew
Assistant Referee: Hopton, Nick
Fourth Official: Breakspear, Charles
Video Assistant Referee: Mason, Lee
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Halliday, Andrew

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

download_20190810_100548.jpg

Last edited:

My one and only time down there was the 0-0 in 81/82 season - can’t remember a thing about the match other than being on the pitch after the final whistle.

Anyway 4-0 to the Blades this Saturday!

UTB.

Storm Force Winds predicted for the South Coast on Saturday..

will it affect our direct physical style?

😉
Storm Callum blowing in from the north hopefully

We better be careful ,I was there last week watching Bournemouth. V Lyon ,Wilson and King both scored and looked good 😩

We better be careful ,I was there last week watching Bournemouth. V Lyon ,Wilson and King both scored and looked good 😩

Wilson looks no more than 10 stone dripping wet. Jags would eat him for breakfast.

We need to put a marker down , a draw would be great , a win unbelievable , a loss most likely !
Yours truly V . Meldrew
4.jpg
x.jpg

Bouncing this as it appear to be being ignored 🙂

Cockney Man U supporting Andy Goldstein on Talkshite yesterday said this game would be "utter dross" and said he felt sorry for Jason Cundy for having to cover it.

Lessssssssssssgggooooooooooooo

First one of the year.......COYRAWW

Hi, in peace as always!

Wasn't sure where to spout this nonsense, so figured here to be as good a place as any.
Just want to wish you well for the coming season. (In all but two matches obviously!)

I know a lot of the so called pundits/experts(?) have written us both off but think they are ill-informed/lazy/incompetent.
For what it's worth, my bottom three are: Norwich, Villa and Newcastle. Yet it could realistically be any from a dozen.
I reckon you guys may run it a little close, but I really rate Wilder and think he'll get the best out of your squad. From our point of view (with Albion tinted glasses) I can't see us being anything like the s**tshow we were since xmas and think we'll surprise a few teams by not fielding a defensive nine with an isolated old man sat doing a crossword sixty yards further up the pitch. Seems everyone has written us off and that's a good thing.

Will be interested to see how Norwood gets on this season if he plays.

Bournemouth can be a tricky place to go, and Howe has built quite a formidable squad there. It will certainly not be one of your easier matches. That said, my prediction for your opener is a gritty 1-1. Sorry if that disappoints some on here, but let me assure you, that would be a good away point.

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings. Hope we both stay up and more importantly enjoy the season.

Rivals report
"The real test won’t be against the top six, your players and fans will have no trouble in getting up for those games. It is when the team goes on a long winless run"
That isn't going to happen pal.
"My prediction is a 3-0 home win."
If this happens it's going to be an incredibly long season I can't see it, I shall be back to eat humble pie on Sunday if the score is anything like as comprehensive as this but until then I have a request that you don't get the opinion of the village idiot in future.

Sorry Seagull I'm going to come across as uninformed but Brighton's form at the end of last season was appalling and then you signed a manager who did nothing with one of the strongest squads in the Championship, I'm afraid I have you down as definite relegation (alongside Norwich also for legitimate reasons). I see United as in a scramble with half a dozen sides not to be occupying the last relegation position.

Sorry Seagull I'm going to come across as uninformed but Brighton's form at the end of last season was appalling and then you signed a manager who did nothing with one of the strongest squads in the Championship, I'm afraid I have you down as definite relegation (alongside Norwich also for legitimate reasons). I see United as in a scramble with half a dozen sides not to be occupying the last relegation position.

That's fine, that seems to be the general consensus, but I have no worries this season like I did last. For me Hughton deserved his chance, but was too inflexible and defensive, I'm thankful for what he achieved with us but would be massively fearful if he was still in the dugout this season. Potter could fail spectacularly, it's a massive punt, but I doubt it and he has been pretty well backed in the transfer market. IMHO something would have to go very wrong for us to drop this season.

I'm amazed everyone rates Villa this season, finished a mile behind auto's and scraped the playoffs, then spunked £150M or whatever it was on generally mediocre squad players. Norwich failed to really strengthen and Newcastle look like an implosion waiting to happen.

I guess that's part of what's great about football, no-one knows!

Hi, in peace as always!

Wasn't sure where to spout this nonsense, so figured here to be as good a place as any.
Just want to wish you well for the coming season. (In all but two matches obviously!)

I know a lot of the so called pundits/experts(?) have written us both off but think they are ill-informed/lazy/incompetent.
For what it's worth, my bottom three are: Norwich, Villa and Newcastle. Yet it could realistically be any from a dozen.
I reckon you guys may run it a little close, but I really rate Wilder and think he'll get the best out of your squad. From our point of view (with Albion tinted glasses) I can't see us being anything like the s**tshow we were since xmas and think we'll surprise a few teams by not fielding a defensive nine with an isolated old man sat doing a crossword sixty yards further up the pitch. Seems everyone has written us off and that's a good thing.

Will be interested to see how Norwood gets on this season if he plays.

Bournemouth can be a tricky place to go, and Howe has built quite a formidable squad there. It will certainly not be one of your easier matches. That said, my prediction for your opener is a gritty 1-1. Sorry if that disappoints some on here, but let me assure you, that would be a good away point.

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramblings. Hope we both stay up and more importantly enjoy the season.
If Maupay clicks you may have a chance; if he doesn`t you may struggle.

Villa's end of season form, once the new manager got them playing well was good although they relied on about 6 loans. They have permanently signed 2 of those and moved to cover the other positions they won't be great but will be in the relegation scramble.
Norwich were poor defensively and haven't done anything to remedy this, even if (one season wonder) Pukki is just as prolific in front of goal it won't be enough for them.
Newcastle also in relegation trouble; Bruce is a spent force as a manager (IMO) coupled with a team already struggling but I'm not writing them off totally as they always seem to spend when they need to.
I also have Palace (Zaha strop), Bournemouth, Burnley, Southampton to make up the 8/9 I think will fight to avoid relegation.

Hung over need to sleep, back out at lunchtime for a wander up London road, really fucking excited like a five year old because ..

We are a premier league club again..

For the kids, who’ve never seen us in the top flight and through the bad times always remember we’re good enough and big enough to play with the best in the country.

We’re a real football club.. we will reap what we sow.. but loyalty is the key - stick with the lad through thick and thin because he’s one of our own.. it’s not just a song..

Just out of interest where's everyone going to be watching it in Sheffield then?

Back
Top Bottom