4th division

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We were down there at one time, it is bad and frustrations should be heard. It will get turned around, except it and it'll be happy days before you know it.

Just texted my pal your OP, currently sat in the pub in Coal Drops who’s £250 down and absolutely fed up. I won’t post his response! 😂

We were down there at one time, it is bad and frustrations should be heard. It will get turned around, except it and it'll be happy days before you know it.

Indeed. Some of our more recent fans remind me of those 18 year old winnable pop stars who go on x-factor auditions and go "this is my only chance".

Just texted my pal your OP, currently sat in the pub in Coal Drops who’s £250 down and absolutely fed up. I won’t post his response! 😂
We will back in Sheffield before we normally get home. However it was a good day out until 3 pm. Things could be worse. Keep the faith !

Yes we was down there, IIRC partly due to the fact that no fucker had the balls to take a very late penalty to keep us up.
So a particular player who was on loan stepped up to take it and duly missed.

Porterfield like Colin,Blackwell and Hecky I could never understand their tactics or setups ..? it must be me

Serious question for those with young kids. How do you convince them that supporting the Blades is what they should do and not go chasing glory with the likes of City?

Dont you diss the 4th Div Championship campaign.., for those of my age it was the first success we’ve seen .. was like doing the treble & European Cup while having a 3 some with Daisy Duke & fkg Blondie 👌
yeah and finishing off with the most stupidest days of all my 60 years supporting the blades at feethams may 82 never seen anything like it and dont think i will again in my lifetime unbelievable pissed up day and night 🍺🍺🍺

You never bored being a blade it’s always boom or bust . Wembley visits promotions relegations play offs . Yes we will see a brighter day . Unfortunately not until our owner is replaced with a genuine long term owner

Serious question for those with young kids. How do you convince them that supporting the Blades is what they should do and not go chasing glory with the likes of City?
15 years ago I bought my 9 &7 year olds season tickets. That worked pretty well.

My now 24 year old has a mate with a season ticket at Man City. He reckons it's boring as fuck. Pass pass pass repeat 1000 times score.

15 years ago I bought my 9 &7 year olds season tickets. That worked pretty well.

My now 24 year old has a mate with a season ticket at Man City. He reckons it's boring as fuck. Pass pass pass repeat 1000 times score.

Even when we were shit historically there was something to love. But I don’t envy anyone who has a kid attending now and witnessing this and trying to convince them it will get better. We know it will but they don’t there is nothing endearing at all about this current team.

Even when we were shit historically there was something to love. But I don’t envy anyone who has a kid attending now and witnessing this and trying to convince them it will get better. We know it will but they don’t there is nothing endearing at all about this current team.
Kids are much more resilient than you think.

Buy them fish and chips on the way, or a chocolate bar. They don't give a shiny shit about the result, even if they are playing 😂

I'd rather watch Arsenal dick us than lose 4-2 to Shrewsbury - circa 2017/8

You never bored being a blade it’s always boom or bust . Wembley visits promotions relegations play offs . Yes we will see a brighter day . Unfortunately not until our owner is replaced with a genuine long term owner
A short term owner would do me, especially if they got a cup win, either would do, highest attainment in my time, Second Division Champions 1952-53.
Bring back the County Cup, I say.
I can see it now, get to the Pearly Gates, St Peter says "which team did you support", The Blades, your Saint Petership, Oh! says the saintship, I'll have to have a word with God abart this, he wa' from Barnsley originally, and disappears. After a while he returns with God in the guise of the venerable James Hagan, who I'd alus known were God 'cus that's what they called him ont' Terrace when I were a lad.

Dont you diss the 4th Div Championship campaign.., for those of my age it was the first success we’ve seen .. was like doing the treble & European Cup while having a 3 some with Daisy Duke & fkg Blondie 👌
There was some shit results though, off the top of my head Halifax at home 2-0 up n drew 2-2 and then there was the first and only time MOTD had a 4th Division match on and we duly fucked that up losing to Colchester 5-2. On the up side King Keith Edward's goal tally was it 49 or 52 for the season can't quite remember.

Kids are much more resilient than you think.

Buy them fish and chips on the way, or a chocolate bar. They don't give a shiny shit about the result, even if they are playing 😂

I'd rather watch Arsenal dick us than lose 4-2 to Shrewsbury - circa 2017/8

I would add that a bit of moral grounding has to go with the bribery by food and cheap material goods. 😝

Standards start at home. You start by playing football with them at all possible times. Cheerful football that emphasizes the use of both feet and the joy in competence, not the need of winning.

That way they may end up seeing football for what it is. An emotional and intellectual passion grounded in skill, local identity and people who may not be the best at what they do but are „your“ people who provide joy in the little things like effort, individuality and a certain underdog camp mentality.

It often works. If it doesn’t, let them follow „the money“, but go for safety in numbers and share the inheritance among the non-backstabbing offspring. If they moan, remind them that choices can lead to differing outcomes, and money is made in different ways… 😇🥅

Back
Top Bottom