4th division

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There was some shit results though, off the top of my head Halifax at home 2-0 up n drew 2-2 and then there was the first and only time MOTD had a 4th Division match on and we duly fucked that up losing to Colchester 5-2. On the up side King Keith Edward's goal tally was it 49 or 52 for the season can't quite remember.
Only the odd one BD in a memorable season , Re Edwards 36 goals ( 1 for hull ironically against us ) only missed 4 games that season . Only 4 defeats all season & unbeaten at home inc beating Arsenal in League Cup .. we’ll not mention the FA Cup though 😉

Only the odd one BD in a memorable season , Re Edwards 36 goals ( 1 for hull ironically against us ) only missed 4 games that season . Only 4 defeats all season & unbeaten at home inc beating Arsenal in League Cup .. we’ll not mention the FA Cup though 😉
yeah that goal for hull stirred things up on the terraces didnt it 😉

There was some shit results though, off the top of my head Halifax at home 2-0 up n drew 2-2 and then there was the first and only time MOTD had a 4th Division match on and we duly fucked that up losing to Colchester 5-2. On the up side King Keith Edward's goal tally was it 49 or 52 for the season can't quite remember.
I remember the first game which was an unpromising 2.2 home draw against Hereford. In fact our start wasn't that great losing 2.1 at Hull. Edwards scores for Hull iirc and gave us the v sign in a game that saw lots of trouble. Then we signed him back from Hull and the rest is history as they say.

Great days, I remember them well. We're in a shitshow now, we will be again. But current EPL is not for us under the current ownership. Good times come, good times go, but as Blades fans we are resilient. We will have good times again. They can keep the antiseptic EPL and plastic fans. We had far more fun in Div 2,3 and 4. If we became an EPL lovey I would change to following Sheffield FC. We gave this game to the world. Now it has become bastardised and too money oriented. Football is about a good day out, a few beers with mates. A chat with away fans if they are "normal" and a competitive game, win or lose. Where has all that gone? Well I'm still optimistic that "our" game will return at some point in the future. Bring back the Sheffield Rules on which the football league was formed originally. UTB

Great season regardless of the blot on our copybook. Well that's what I tell myself anyway 🤣 God we're a million miles from them days.but the young uns need to take an hour or two to look back beyond the 21st century, to the time of their fathers and grandfathers to see the rubbish (70s was mostly ok) we endured. Been in a very rundown bramall lane that didn't get the world cup money Hillsborough had, with 9k others, was soul destroying. But we kept the faith and have been rewarded with Sheffields top dog tag this past 6 years.

Serious question for those with young kids. How do you convince them that supporting the Blades is what they should do and not go chasing glory with the likes of City?
It's called indoctrination, the church are quite good at it. Just keep taking them and blinkering them to other 'faiths' and before you know it they will never turn to the dark side...worked fine with mine!

When we were right down in the fourth we drew Arse in the League Cup.
Granted they were not the force they are now but we beat them at the Lane and lost narrowly at Highbury.
I don't think it's beyond the realms that we were actually closer to them then than we are now!

Great work getting "them then than" in a coherent sentence I reckon!

Back
Top Bottom