4 or 5 incoming

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I might be sounding negative here but our club has links in both France and Belgium arguably the top 2 nations for talented footballers. We have an experienced well travelled manager who has managed in many countries and our scouting network has narrowed down our transfer targets to Viera who is a defensive midfielder who we probably dont need if Berge stays and Charlie Kirk who plays football for Crewe........God help us
Well Berge isn't a defensive midfielder (far from it) and I don't see anything wrong with targeting talent from the lower leagues. Let's not forgot where most of the squad came from who got us promotion last time round.

Mind you, I agree I'd like to see us leverage those French and Belgian connections.

Well Berge isn't a defensive midfielder (far from it) and I don't see anything wrong with targeting talent from the lower leagues. Let's not forgot where most of the squad came from who got us promotion last time round.

Mind you, I agree I'd like to see us leverage those French and Belgian connections.
I'm 1000% certain Berge is a defensive midfielder however he is not playing there due to Norwood so he's been shoehorned into the RCM position.

Nixon just confirmed the 5 we're e after pretty much

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-131840.png
    Screenshot_20210809-131840.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I hope there's a left sided midfilder in that list - Kirk? because it seems Slav doesn't fancy Freeman as I think if he did he'd have brought him on v Birmingham, and Fleck needs competition, especially based on Saturday's performance.

Berge is off isn’t he, if there’re the 5 we are targeting and we need money to finalise them, because theirs no goalkeeper mentioned. Shame really because he was the only player that did anything and he looked head and shoulders above this level.

Berge is off isn’t he, if there’re the 5 we are targeting and we need money to finalise them, because theirs no goalkeeper mentioned. Shame really because he was the only player that did anything and he looked head and shoulders above this level.
Does sound like Shields might be right about waiting until one goes before bringing anyone in. Hope we don't leave it too late and get done over

I don’t think it’s necessarily a money problem, I think it’s more of a squad size problem. We’ve got a very lop-sided squad with 3 left backs, 3 keepers, 7 strikers (8 if you include Jebbison) & only 3 centre halves.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we looked to send out Lowe, Tyler Smith, one of the keepers & one more of the forwards either on loan or permanent deals.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a money problem, I think it’s more of a squad size problem. We’ve got a very lop-sided squad with 3 left backs, 3 keepers, 7 strikers (8 if you include Jebbison) & only 3 centre halves.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we looked to send out Lowe, Tyler Smith, one of the keepers & one more of the forwards either on loan or permanent deals.
We can also only name a squad of 25 over the age of 21 and the finances probably don't allow for senior professionals to be excluded from that. There are 24 over 21s currently assigned squad numbers (Bogle & Brewster are classed as U21s). Celi would be an U21 but the others we're linked with would all need a squad space.

Asking for other clubs to nip in and hijack the deals at this rate.

Read my mind Stretch. If rumours about us having to wait to sell before we buy, tweets like this are just adverts for clubs to hijack deals. In limbo and over a barrel if trying to negotiate a fee worth having.

I’d just sell rammers now if it means we can get those 5 in. Verrips is clearly highly rated if we went through the courts to get him. Earned rave reviews when out on loan and let’s be honest, you don’t need the world best keeper in this division. I’d rather we get 5 in and rammers leave

I’d just sell rammers now if it means we can get those 5 in. Verrips is clearly highly rated if we went through the courts to get him. Earned rave reviews when out on loan and let’s be honest, you don’t need the world best keeper in this division. I’d rather we get 5 in and rammers leave

don’t see how we can sell ramsdale and not replace him based in the back ups.

foddergham is nowhere near good enough, Moore would have been a better option.

and Verrips is seemingly destined to never play for us via either injuries, illness, Covid or getting knocked out by kean Bryan on his debut.

we’d need 6 if selling ramsdale.

Think it’s far more likely berge goes if we are after both vieria and garner

Even the bloody young loanees transfers taking ages to go through. Apparently Seriki been in Belgium since last week.

I wouldn't read too much into Slav's facial expression. 99% of the time he looks like he want to murder someone.

Agree otherwise though.

If some of our players are found floating in the River Don, we will know why.

'erry up princeh

I know the market is slow but fucking hell we really are dragging this out now. I'm not an impatient sort either but the need for some fresh blood was fairly evident to everyone - really need to start getting these done and integrated ASAP.

When/if these signings come in they better be ready to get going straight away. Will be 10 games gone if not, that’s a lot of points if the lads currently here don’t perform.

seems obvious to me that either ramsdale or berge will have to be sold to fund these deals and yes looking at that list it does seem that its likely to be berge

don’t see how we can sell ramsdale and not replace him based in the back ups.

foddergham is nowhere near good enough, Moore would have been a better option.

and Verrips is seemingly destined to never play for us via either injuries, illness, Covid or getting knocked out by kean Bryan on his debut.

we’d need 6 if selling ramsdale.

Think it’s far more likely berge goes if we are after both vieria and garner
Rammers is the easiest to replace. We can’t judge verrips from what we’ve seen because all we’ve seen is 20 minutes against fylde before he got concussed. We’ll see how he is against Carlisle.

Rammers is the easiest to replace. We can’t judge verrips from what we’ve seen because all we’ve seen is 20 minutes against fylde before he got concussed. We’ll see how he is against Carlisle.

Well KB fat arse is no longer here so he might last a full 90 mins

I know the market is slow but fucking hell we really are dragging this out now. I'm not an impatient sort either but the need for some fresh blood was fairly evident to everyone - really need to start getting these done and integrated ASAP.

The same.

It's strange times, and I know finances probably aren't great, but I am getting increasingly pissed off with this now.

Combined with the cretiness decision to only arrange 3 pre season games, in full knowledge that covid could disrupt at least one, and it's starting to feel a bit shambolic behind the scenes.

I am sure we'll get some in, bit this is incredibly frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom