All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we can get 30k plus at every home game all season I am happy with that, if there are a few tickets left at some of the home games so be it
At least everyone has the opportunity to get to a number of games if they so desire

The very simple answer to this question is.....they don't.

Leicester, Wolves and Southampton all have very similar capacities to us but Norwich's capacity is around 5k less than ours and Palace's is around 7k less than ours, so even if they did sell out that would be your reason why. But according to the official figures none of those clubs sold out yet this season. The closest that any of those teams have come to reaching their full capacity is Leicester's first home game of the season and Palace's two home games this season (but both of those attendances were only just over 25k, nearly 5k less than both of our attendances). Now I know there are other things to take into consideration such as time/day of the game and opposition but a basic look at the numbers shows that your assessment is incorrect.

I assume you'll ignore this comment as it doesn't fit your narrative...
Oooh more lies from.barry butlin
Going to have to call him Barry tellsfibs

Yeah, it is fair. They had the chance to renew. If people didn’t have the money I have sympathy for them, however I would caveat that by saying season tickets go on sale same time each year pretty much, so it can’t have been a shock to find out they were on sale! Plus that week leading up to the Ipswich game saw loads of media about the sales etc so no one can say they didn’t know and I believe there was a spread the payment scheme available.

Even if people missed the deadline and there was still season tickets available, it’d be a first come first served situation, can’t reserve seats on the off chance someone will eventually renew, when others are wanting to buy seats.

There is a cap on number of season tickets (can’t remember the figure) as a certain number of tickets need to be made available for each home game to non ST holders (it’s in PL rule book). So by that cut off date in April united had obviously sold the max number of season tickets, not much else they could do

The EPL Handbook season 2019/20 states under "Supporter Relations" at R69;

"promote the availability of tickets by reserving a reasonable proportion (at least 5%) of them for sale to non season ticket holders".

Assuming there are around 28k tickets on sale to Home fans that suggests the Club could limit non season ticket holder sales to as little as 1400 if it so wished in order to comply with the regulations. So either the Club haven't read up on the guidance or there are other reasons why there are so many tickets for sale beyond this minimum requirement.

Another question perhaps for Foxy to raise with the Ticket Office Manager.

The EPL Handbook season 2019/20 states under "Supporter Relations" at R69;

"promote the availability of tickets by reserving a reasonable proportion (at least 5%) of them for sale to non season ticket holders".

Assuming there are around 28k tickets on sale to Home fans that suggests the Club could limit non season ticket holder sales to as little as 1400 if it so wished in order to comply with the regulations. So either the Club haven't read up on the guidance or there are other reasons why there are so many tickets for sale beyond this minimum requirement.

Perhaps they're sticking to EFL rules, which would be prudent considering the risk of relegation.

If the EFL say it's 85% ST and 15% POTG and we go down with 95% ST, who's telling the 10% who aren't allowed a season ticket?

Perhaps they're sticking to EFL rules, which would be prudent considering the risk of relegation.

If the EFL say it's 85% ST and 15% POTG and we go down with 95% ST, who's telling the 10% who aren't allowed a season ticket?
EFL rules say 2000 visiting fans but I have been unable to find the figures you are quoting.

It is beginning to look like we didn't hit the maximum number of season tickets allowed at exactly the last second of the early bird offer and the club has decided not to sell any more season tickets. Given that we are not selling out, perhaps someone from the club should actually dare to speak about this.

EFL rules say 2000 visiting fans but I have been unable to find the figures you are quoting.

I'm not quoting any figures. I don't know them, just saying that we've had a 25k ish limit for the last couple of seasons in the Championship so you would assume that's based on something, so given the possibility we'll be back there next season, it would make sense not to sell something you can't guarantee for the season following.

That could be one of many reasons. Its all guess work at the moment, some information from the Club would put this debate to bed. It seems its not EPL regulations as has been suggested.

We are the only premier league club that don’t sell out and the only one with restrictions on general sale.......Who anyone be prepared to hazard a guess why we are the only ones that don’t sell out??

Are we the only one who doesn’t sell out? Are we the only one with general sale restrictions? 🤔 Now now Bazza

I'm not quoting any figures. I don't know them, just saying that we've had a 25k ish limit for the last couple of seasons in the Championship so you would assume that's based on something, so given the possibility we'll be back there next season, it would make sense not to sell something you can't guarantee for the season following.
It's a mute point if you have just made up the regulations.

It's a mute point if you have just made up the regulations.

I've not made up regulations, don't you know what "if" means? Just conjecture based on having roughly 25k season tickets available for the previous 2 season.

You're the one making things up.

The great season ticket cover up of 2019, goes right to the top (Row TT)

It is beginning to look like we didn't hit the maximum number of season tickets allowed at exactly the last second of the early bird offer and the club has decided not to sell any more season tickets. Given that we are not selling out, perhaps someone from the club should actually dare to speak about this.

That could be one of many reasons. Its all guess work at the moment, some information from the Club would put this debate to bed. It seems its not EPL regulations as has been suggested.

Thing is though, no-one really cares except a handful of posters on here that have got a bee in their bonnet about it.

I think it's quite clear why it's preferable to have POTG seats available in every stand, and in decent numbers (enough that there's likely to be a few hundred left on the morning of the game, for last chancers), but some people don't agree obviously.

Carrow Roads capacity is listed as 27244. Away ticketsaround 2500. 22000 ST cap leaves around 2800 non ST tickets.

"City expect to have 1,500 casual seats on sale for each home game. There will be no tiered pricing - meaning tickets for the visits of Liverpool and Burnley will cost the same, capped at £30 to match the Premier League's rules on ticket pricing for away fans."
It's from the local rag as part of a detailed rundown of their ticketing arrangements. Could be wrong but there does seem to be a lot of detail in the piece. Maybe if there are more than 1500 they go to sponsors and assorted hanger-ons.
Kudos to the ticket pricing as well.

Just checked online seat map of availability for Soton game on Saturday - hardly any available apart from BLUT wings high-up.
Seems that the Club's implementation of changes at the behest of fans / fans associations , such as getting to 'General Sale' (with no requirement for membership or even points) , sooner in the selling sequence , has us looking at a possible sell-out of home areas (excluding RV seats).

Two more issues for the Club to consider :

1. (perhaps in consultation with fans) Should we discount the price of RV seats ? Should we push their availablity (at discounted child prices) to schools & youth groups under some form of official (eg teacher / youth worker) supervision ?

2. Keep a watchful eye on the rate of Liverpool (H) sales to see if the high Cat A prices are appropriate.

I've not made up regulations, don't you know what "if" means? Just conjecture based on having roughly 25k season tickets available for the previous 2 season.

You're the one making things up

We've had 24 pages of people claiming the club couldn't sell any more season tickets because of Premier League regulations.
It seems this is not true so you've suggested that it's because of EFL regulations.
This is also not true and you claim "You're the one making things up".
Good effort bromtom.
Does anyone want to throw in EU regulations?

"City expect to have 1,500 casual seats on sale for each home game. There will be no tiered pricing - meaning tickets for the visits of Liverpool and Burnley will cost the same, capped at £30 to match the Premier League's rules on ticket pricing for away fans."
It's from the local rag as part of a detailed rundown of their ticketing arrangements. Could be wrong but there does seem to be a lot of detail in the piece. Maybe if there are more than 1500 they go to sponsors and assorted hanger-ons.
Kudos to the ticket pricing as well.

Maybe you can do the research first then rather than try to deride the club you purport to support. And look at club websites rather than news online which suits your agenda.

Lutons cap is 7000 for example. It's out there if you're fair minded, strangely not if you aren't.

NCFC memberships £50/£35. Similar issues with Norwich fans over ticket availability to our own problems

We've had 24 pages of people claiming the club couldn't sell any more season tickets because of Premier League regulations.
It seems this is not true so you've suggested that it's because of EFL regulations.
This is also not true and you claim "You're the one making things up".
Good effort bromtom.
Does anyone want to throw in EU regulations?

Suggested it might be because of EFL rules, not is.

A simple suggestion that it might be down to keeping one eye on being back in the EFL next season and keeping ST numbers consistent Vs conspiracy from the club to hold back season tickets from loyal supporters.

Why does it look like that? Where are the figures to show that conclusion?

Just checked online seat map of availability for Soton game on Saturday - hardly any available apart from BLUT wings high-up.
Seems that the Club's implementation of changes at the behest of fans / fans associations , such as getting to 'General Sale' (with no requirement for membership or even points) , sooner in the selling sequence , has us looking at a possible sell-out of home areas (excluding RV seats).

Two more issues for the Club to consider :

1. (perhaps in consultation with fans) Should we discount the price of RV seats ? Should we push their availablity (at discounted child prices) to schools & youth groups under some form of official (eg teacher / youth worker) supervision ?

2. Keep a watchful eye on the rate of Liverpool (H) sales to see if the high Cat A prices are appropriate.

Just to help with 1. EPL regulations state " allow for a reasonable reduction in price of tickets for seats with a restricted view of the goalmouth"

Maybe you can do the research first then rather than try to deride the club you purport to support. And look at club websites rather than news online which suits your agenda.

Lutons cap is 7000 for example. It's out there if you're fair minded, strangely not if you aren't.

NCFC memberships £50/£35. Similar issues with Norwich fans over ticket availability to our own problems

Finding your posts a bit confusing but to clarify the 1500 tickets available for home fans at Norwich is from the club's chief operating officer.
Luton aren't in the Prem as far as I'm aware but either way it's odd that our cap seems to be less than that provided by Norwich, another club in the same division.

Finding your posts a bit confusing but to clarify the 1500 tickets available for home fans at Norwich is from the club's chief operating officer.
Luton aren't in the Prem as far as I'm aware but either way it's odd that our cap seems to be less than that provided by Norwich, another club in the same division.

Are you sure the 1500 figure is from a direct quote. It’s not in the Guardian article for example which is quite specific on who said what.

Luton was an example of the likelihood that caps weren’t abnormal.

Are you sure the 1500 figure is from a direct quote. It’s not in the Guardian article for example which is quite specific on who said what.

Luton was an example of the likelihood that caps weren’t abnormal.

Oh, and our cap is less than 22000? Or have I misunderstood your point.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what bracket Liverpool will sell out??

I’ve 500 points now & a membership but have to sort out travel & time off work. Hoping it makes it to my bracket
At lunchtime , at £45 a pop for anything like a decent view and on TV for nowt ?
You'll be fine - it is said on here there are only 2,000 members but 4,000 tickets available for every home game.
This is where your £40 membership gives you some peace of mind.

anyone be prepared to hazard a guess why we are the only ones that don’t sell out??

In order to promote conspiracy theories ?

I'm very happy that our start to the season means that the biggest cause of complaint is ticket sales, beer prices and how the floodlights are too bright.

Back
Top Bottom