All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why does it look like that? Where are the figures to show that conclusion?

The EPL Handbook season 2019/20 states under "Supporter Relations" at R69;

"promote the availability of tickets by reserving a reasonable proportion (at least 5%) of them for sale to non season ticket holders".

Assuming there are around 28k tickets on sale to Home fans that suggests the Club could limit non season ticket holder sales to as little as 1400 if it so wished in order to comply with the regulations. So either the Club haven't read up on the guidance or there are other reasons why there are so many tickets for sale beyond this minimum requirement.

Another question perhaps for Foxy to raise with the Ticket Office Manager.

The early bird offer was running before our league status was known and at a time when dirty Leeds were everyone's favourites to go up. IMO the offer was aimed at getting high season ticket numbers for another assault on the Championship. As soon as we were clearly going to be playing in the Premier League we hit the 'maximum' number of ST's and the sale discontinued.
It was a gamble by the club that for once went the way of the fans (who bought tickets early) and in order to maximise income from ticket sales the membership and increased prices were brought in for the remaining seats. Even with the few empty seats the club are probably bringing in more income for the non ST seats than if they had sold more ST's.

The early bird offer was running before our league status was known and at a time when dirty Leeds were everyone's favourites to go up. IMO the offer was aimed at getting high season ticket numbers for another assault on the Championship. As soon as we were clearly going to be playing in the Premier League we hit the 'maximum' number of ST's and the sale discontinued.
It was a gamble by the club that for once went the way of the fans (who bought tickets early) and in order to maximise income from ticket sales the membership and increased prices were brought in for the remaining seats. Even with the few empty seats the club are probably bringing in more income for the non ST seats than if they had sold more ST's.
My thoughts exactly. The early bird offer ran into the period when we knew a win against Ipswich would see us promoted. The worst case scenario at that time would have been another promotion campaign in the Championship (still good), but even more likely to be a season in the Premier league.

I don’t buy this narrative about not having the cash, as it was only going to become more expensive after the early bird period and you were also able to pay in installments to spread the cost. If any existing season ticket holder didn’t renew in that period they were holding out for confirmation of Premier League football or they had forgotten, nowt to do with lack of Money.

My guess is that the club decided they had to honour the early bird deal. What would have been interesting was if we had been promoted before the deal ended, would the early bird deadline have been brought forward or just ended without warning? We’d probably be arguing about why people didn’t renew straight away rather than wait until just before the deadline!

On the other hand, if we had ended up in the Championship this season i’m sure more season tickets would have gone on sale after the deadline, but I doubt we’d have sold too many and this thread probably wouldn’t exist.

At lunchtime , at £45 a pop for anything like a decent view and on TV for nowt ?
You'll be fine - it is said on here there are only 2,000 members but 4,000 tickets available for every home game.
This is where your £40 membership gives you some peace of mind.

The numbers don't add up though. 26000 ST's + 3000 Away tickets + 4000 Tickets available for every game = 33000

Advertised Capacity = 32609

Personally I would imagine it would be more like 2000ish tickets available

My thoughts exactly. The early bird offer ran into the period when we knew a win against Ipswich would see us promoted. The worst case scenario at that time would have been another promotion campaign in the Championship (still good), but even more likely to be a season in the Premier league.

I don’t buy this narrative about not having the cash, as it was only going to become more expensive after the early bird period and you were also able to pay in installments to spread the cost. If any existing season ticket holder didn’t renew in that period they were holding out for confirmation of Premier League football or they had forgotten, nowt to do with lack of Money.

My guess is that the club decided they had to honour the early bird deal. What would have been interesting was if we had been promoted before the deal ended, would the early bird deadline have been brought forward or just ended without warning? We’d probably be arguing about why people didn’t renew straight away rather than wait until just before the deadline!

On the other hand, if we had ended up in the Championship this season i’m sure more season tickets would have gone on sale after the deadline, but I doubt we’d have sold too many and this thread probably wouldn’t exist.
All assuming that not one fan has had a change of circumstances in 5 months. Or any new fans that would like to buy season tickets for them and their family don't deserve the chance.
If Liverpool doesn't sell out it's obvious that the policy is flawed.

All assuming that not one fan has had a change of circumstances in 5 months. Or any new fans that would like to buy season tickets for them and their family don't deserve the chance.

So what’s your solution?

Strange that no one complained about tickets when we were in the lower divisions.

Strange that we never had 26 page threads praising the club for the cheapest tickets in the championship.

#itsanoutrage

If it doesn't, it will be due to restricted view seating. Why pay to peer around a pillar when it's on Sky?

Plenty of new fans bought season tickets before the deadline expired, nobody was prohibited from buying one.

The numbers don't add up though. 26000 ST's + 3000 Away tickets + 4000 Tickets available for every game = 33000

Why don't those numbers add up - plus or minus a few hundred?

Why don't those numbers add up - plus or minus a few hundred?

The 32609 is the advertised capacity, what do you think the working capacity is, roughly, once RV and segregation requirements are included?

Our capacity is 32,125* so that's 500 seats off.

*Official, in the Premier League Handbook.

I wouldn't sit behind the pillars on the Kop or the wall in the monstrosity corner if it was free either, nevermind discounted.

They should just take the seats out or put a hotdog cart there or something haha, and then people would stop factoring them into attendances when it's incredibly unreasonable to expect someone to sit in a football ground when you can't see enough of the match to even understand what's happening.

May aswell sit at the chippy and listen and work it out based on that.

Would that include segregation and RV?

Edit, misunderstood a bit. I'd assumed the 32,125 is all seats available so includes RV and planned segregation would have been accounted for and not in that number.

Last edited:
It would be a shame if the problems with the arrangements for selling tickets prevented us averaging over 30k this season.

Of course we’d average considerably more than 30k if we had a bigger ground and away allocation. Unlike the pigs who have both of those but still haven’t averaged over 30k for decades.

What would have been interesting was if we had been promoted before the deal ended, would the early bird deadline have been brought forward or just ended without warning?

That's exactly what would have happened but it wouldn't have been without warning.

It was clearly stated in all the advertising for the early bird renewals.

I'm sure that there would still have been loads of complaints about how unfair it all was if it had panned out that way though.

The 32609 is the advertised capacity, what do you think the working capacity is, roughly, once RV and segregation requirements are included?
I'm not sure if we're talking about different things - but referring to your points;

"The numbers don't add up though. 26000 ST's + 3000 Away tickets + 4000 Tickets available for every game = 33000"

The two numbers are about the same, given that they're all approximations. So surely they add up?

I'm not sure if we're talking about different things - but referring to your points;

"The numbers don't add up though. 26000 ST's + 3000 Away tickets + 4000 Tickets available for every game = 33000"

The two numbers are about the same, given that they're all approximations. So surely they add up?

It was more of a heads up to Meathblade and others that are waiting for tickets to go on sale for lower LP fans. The difference between 4000 and what I thought would be available 2000ish is quite considerable. Even if we take it as being 3000 thats available thats still a 25% difference.

I just had a thought of som fans sat waiting for tickets to be available thinking we, possibly, only have 2000 members but twice as many tickets... when that may not be the case.

It was more of a heads up to Meathblade and others that are waiting for tickets to go on sale for lower LP fans. The difference between 4000 and what I thought would be available 2000ish is quite considerable. Even if we take it as being 3000 thats available thats still a 25% difference.

I just had a thought of som fans sat waiting for tickets to be available thinking we, possibly, only have 2000 members but twice as many tickets... when that may not be the case.
I was assured by someone in the ticket office that it is the case.

The memberships number has likely changed a bit since then, but probably downwards - as so many have realised what an expensive waste of time it is / was.

Last edited:
H
I was assured by someone in the ticket office that it is the case. The memberships number has likely changed a bit, but probably downwards - as so many have realised what an expensive waste of time it is / was.

Have the club confirmed 26000 ST’s?

H

Have the club confirmed 26000 ST’s?
I don't think so - the ticket office person didn't know and thought it was guarded for some reason - likely as they know it's a contentious issue.

The bit they were adamant of was 4,000 (ish) tickets per game, and 2,000 (ish) members.

I recall the club saying - quite sensibly & fairly , that the first early bird period would end sooner than the advertised date if our league status for 19/20 became confirmed.
You can't tell me that the price of those STs in that first tranche (which turned out to be the only tranche) were anything but attractively priced.
Having said that , if we survive in the Prem , and if the club whacks up the ST renewal prices , they will soon learn that demand from Blades is historically very price-elastic.
They will soon kill off the increased ST sales if they whack up prices.
Sheffield is an economically poor region - people will not pay Manchester prices.
And look at Norwich - maximum price £30 , even for home games v the top six.
With Prem income , gate receipts are not as crucial , so it's a perfect time to build the fan base - not go charging £45 for a decent view of the Liverpool match !

Last time I saw a thread so obsessed about attendances it was on PorkTalk. Which ones of you, as you take your dying breath, will look back on your life and think ‘I wish I’d spent more time arguing about attendances at the Lane’?
You're right Mr Bushman , but it is something which crosses over into other subjects :
1. I want us to pick up all the available kids at this time of ascendancy , and be a club which has as healthy future in which the Lane is full;
2. I never want to move from the Lane;
3. I want to demonstrate to those who would have us move to a 45,000 bowl on reclaimed land in the middle of nowhere , that this is a bad idea (also unnecessary , because we aren't even selling out at the moment);
4. Although I would like to see the Lane facilities improved , I really don't want substantial £sums thrown at expansion just yet. It is totally unnecessary if we come down. And it can be done in stages , in a year or two , if we stay up and look like mid-table Prem. The £proirity has to be the team until we reach that point;
5. I don't know the facts , but I do sympathise if genuine regular ST holders lost a seat they'd occupied for years , due to (possibly innocent) misleading publicity about the renewal deadline. Surely the club can take an individual case by case view for those people + let them renew their regular seat , even if not at the early bird price ?
6. If there are RV seats with seriously poor views of the pitch , which hardly ever sell , can the club not discount their price + take the socially responsible step of supplying them to children's groups or even disadvantaged children who would otherwise perhaps never have the thrill of attending a football match ?

You're right Mr Bushman , but it is something which crosses over into other subjects :
1. I want us to pick up all the available kids at this time of ascendancy , and be a club which has as healthy future in which the Lane is full;
2. I never want to move from the Lane;
3. I want to demonstrate to those who would have us move to a 45,000 bowl on reclaimed land in the middle of nowhere , that this is a bad idea (also unnecessary , because we aren't even selling out at the moment);
4. Although I would like to see the Lane facilities improved , I really don't want substantial £sums thrown at expansion just yet. It is totally unnecessary if we come down. And it can be done in stages , in a year or two , if we stay up and look like mid-table Prem. The £proirity has to be the team until we reach that point;
5. I don't know the facts , but I do sympathise if genuine regular ST holders lost a seat they'd occupied for years , due to (possibly innocent) misleading publicity about the renewal deadline. Surely the club can take an individual case by case view for those people + let them renew their regular seat , even if not at the early bird price ?
6. If there are RV seats with seriously poor views of the pitch , which hardly ever sell , can the club not discount their price + take the socially responsible step of supplying them to children's groups or even disadvantaged children who would otherwise perhaps never have the thrill of attending a football match ?

If someone gave my kids a ticket to a football match where they couldn't see the pitch, I'd tell them to coco and I don't even have kids.

No-one wants to sit in the seriously poor view seats, why force them on anyone, especially kids.

Otherwise agree with your reasons for wanting a full Lane.

Back
Top Bottom