All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I see your point, But if we'd hit the limit by 26th April anyway?

The renewal prices were a bargain if we were promoted. At the last day, we were on a run, Leeds were wobbling,
I get that. It does not alter the fact that I know many ST holders who lost their seat who would, quite rightly in my opinion, expect to be able to reserve their seat at a date later than 26 April of the previous season. It has been well documented elsewhere that the choice/chance of renewing beyond 26 April was taken away from many, many loyal fans. For someone who may have been a ST holder for many years in the same seat to have lost the right to renew on 27 April-is that fair?

Last edited:

I get that. It does not alter the fact that I know many ST holders who lost their seat who would, quite rightly in my opinion, expect to be able to reserve their seat at a date later than 26 April of the previous season. It has been well documented elsewhere that the choice/chance of renewing beyond 26 April was taken away from many, many loyal fans. For someone who may have been a ST holder for many years in the same seat to have lost the right to renew on 27 April-is that fair?

No its not, but what could the club have done to avoid it under the circumstances that existed at that time, bearing in mind they didn’t have the benefit of hindsight?

Just looking at tickets for Liverpool and after one day of sales for 30K+, there appear to be far fewer tickets available in the BLUT than usual at this stage (not scientific!).

On a positive note , I have checked the website ticketing map for Soton this Saturday + there are far fewer seats available at this stage than v Leicester or Palace.

On a positive note , I have checked the website ticketing map for Soton this Saturday + there are far fewer seats available at this stage than v Leicester or Palace.

Appetites will have been whetted by the feast of stunning international football we have witnessed over the last week.

Does anyone actually know what our cap on season tickets was and what the Prem rule is on season ticket caps?
It would be helpful for the club to make a comment. Could they not sell season tickets for the remaining seats in 3 sides of the ground leaving the BL upper for matchday sales?

I know people i the same boat. I don't know how "many many" is but it's relatively quiet on Social media about this and if it was a lot I suspect the Star would run with it with banner headlines.

(Unless of course they wouldn't want to shove the number of ST's we've sold down their S6 darlings throat :) )

Let’s turn it round then why do you think similar size clubs to us sell out? Leicester. Wolves, Palace, Southampton, Norwich?.

The very simple answer to this question is.....they don't.

Leicester, Wolves and Southampton all have very similar capacities to us but Norwich's capacity is around 5k less than ours and Palace's is around 7k less than ours, so even if they did sell out that would be your reason why. But according to the official figures none of those clubs sold out yet this season. The closest that any of those teams have come to reaching their full capacity is Leicester's first home game of the season and Palace's two home games this season (but both of those attendances were only just over 25k, nearly 5k less than both of our attendances). Now I know there are other things to take into consideration such as time/day of the game and opposition but a basic look at the numbers shows that your assessment is incorrect.

I assume you'll ignore this comment as it doesn't fit your narrative...

It would be helpful for the club to make a comment. Could they not sell season tickets for the remaining seats in 3 sides of the ground leaving the BL upper for matchday sales?

It's possible the court case impacted on what the club did over the summer. A lot of the communication seemed to be rerunning the end of last season on loop for a couple of months with little information about what happened with season tickets.
I don't know if there is a PL season ticket cap but it seems odd that Norwich are able to sell a bigger percentage than us.
Also don't get why season tickets could not be sold in the BL Upper which is one of the best views in the ground and we are selling tickets every game in there anyway.

It's possible the court case impacted on what the club did over the summer. A lot of the communication seemed to be rerunning the end of last season on loop for a couple of months with little information about what happened with season tickets.
I don't know if there is a PL season ticket cap but it seems odd that Norwich are able to sell a bigger percentage than us.
Also don't get why season tickets could not be sold in the BL Upper which is one of the best views in the ground and we are selling tickets every game in there anyway.

You don't know what the cap is or even if we have one but you know Norwich can sell a bigger percentage than us?

As has been explained, there must be a certain amount of non ST seats available for each home game. Hence the caps.

Must try harder Len.

Yeah, it is fair. They had the chance to renew. If people didn’t have the money I have sympathy for them, however I would caveat that by saying season tickets go on sale same time each year pretty much, so it can’t have been a shock to find out they were on sale! Plus that week leading up to the Ipswich game saw loads of media about the sales etc so no one can say they didn’t know and I believe there was a spread the payment scheme available.

Even if people missed the deadline and there was still season tickets available, it’d be a first come first served situation, can’t reserve seats on the off chance someone will eventually renew, when others are wanting to buy seats.

There is a cap on number of season tickets (can’t remember the figure) as a certain number of tickets need to be made available for each home game to non ST holders (it’s in PL rule book). So by that cut off date in April united had obviously sold the max number of season tickets, not much else they could do

If you have been deprived of your season ticket, you have been deprived of it by your fellow fans not the club.

You don't know what the cap is or even if we have one but you know Norwich can sell a bigger percentage than us?

As has been explained, there must be a certain amount of non ST seats available for each home game. Hence the caps.

Must try harder Len.

No expert with maths but if Norwich only have 1500 tickets to sell on match days I would have thought they been able to sell a bigger percentage of season tickets.
As said, may well have got the maths wrong.
There have been various references to a cap but does anyone know what this actually is?

Yeah, it is fair. They had the chance to renew. If people didn’t have the money I have sympathy for them, however I would caveat that by saying season tickets go on sale same time each year pretty much, so it can’t have been a shock to find out they were on sale! Plus that week leading up to the Ipswich game saw loads of media about the sales etc so no one can say they didn’t know and I believe there was a spread the payment scheme available.

Even if people missed the deadline and there was still season tickets available, it’d be a first come first served situation, can’t reserve seats on the off chance someone will eventually renew, when others are wanting to buy seats.

There is a cap on number of season tickets (can’t remember the figure) as a certain number of tickets need to be made available for each home game to non ST holders (it’s in PL rule book). So by that cut off date in April united had obviously sold the max number of season tickets, not much else they could do
I think, even with the benefit of hindsight all the club could have done was warn existing ST holders that they were selling fast and might not be on sale beyond the early bird deadline.

No expert with maths but if Norwich only have 1500 tickets to sell on match days I would have thought they been able to sell a bigger percentage of season tickets.
As said, may well have got the maths wrong.
There have been various references to a cap but does anyone know what this actually is?

Carrow Roads capacity is listed as 27244. Away ticketsaround 2500. 22000 ST cap leaves around 2800 non ST tickets.

There is apparently a limit on the number of ST's that can be sold in order to leave x number of non ST tickets available.

We hit that by the first advertised deadline.

It's hardly rocket science to believe the demand for tickets would increase in the PL, together with the reasonable pricing and discount, that most wouldn't wait until after the initial deadline.

The sympathy I have is for those who didn't have the money at the deadline but would have had soon after. Now they didn't have a choice, or, as it's turned out, a chance.
Quite a coincidence that we almost exactly hit the quota on deadline day.

Obviously we can debate endlessly about membership schemes and deadlines and weather we actually held more tickets back then we needed to mistakenly thinking we could make more money but the bottom line has to be be that something is drastically wrong if we have failed to increase our attendances significantly in the premier League and that we have been nowhere near sell out so far

Reactions: NAP

Obviously we can debate endlessly about membership schemes and deadlines and weather we actually held more tickets back then we needed to mistakenly thinking we could make more money but the bottom line has to be be that something is drastically wrong if we have failed to increase our attendances significantly in the premier League and that we have been nowhere near sell out so far

We don't know the figures so like virtually every post, including mine, it's speculation.

If we hadn't sold the maximum allowed, then a number would be on sale at the higher price. Maybe the club decided not to open a ballot so as not to leave fans who lost being upset. Who knows. But we've had deadlines before the season ends for sometime. We've been promoted to the PL and it's only to be expected that demand will increase. Other than financial considerations previously mentioned, why would anyone not grasp that AND decide to pay a higher price?

What do you call "nowhere near"?

I spent the early part of my teens wondering if we’d ever break 14,345 for an “average” match - I’m spending the latter part of my 60s wondering if we’ve wandered into a time warp..

Not "almost exactly", but exactly. It's fortunate that we didn't his this mysterious figure whilst fans were still queueing.
The ticket office have been sworn to a (Garry) Monk-like silence.

Only 1500 left with 4 days left! I can't see what people are worried about. The way people are going on I expected 5k empty.

Only 1500 left with 4 days left! I can't see what people are worried about. The way people are going on I expected 5k empty.

There's been a group on here saying we're not going to get more than 27k for both home games this season.

Our capacity is 32,125 this season, and minus the really bad restricted view seats, and we've been a few hundreds off home capacity.

It's not like there are 4000 seats empty.

Probably on this, but haven’t had chance to check the pdfs.

Like I say I read elements of last years one on a slow day at work. Basically tells clubs what they can and can’t do

Last edited:
Carrow Roads capacity is listed as 27244. Away ticketsaround 2500. 22000 ST cap leaves around 2800 non ST tickets.
That makes sense, as I'd guess match day sales for home supporters is a minimum of 10%, on that basis. We are rumoured to have shifted 25k season tickets, plus approx 3k away end, plus corporate/freebies (WAGs etc.) which might be touching 1000 - so that leaves 3-4k.

Let’s be brutally honest there... if we stay up this season are we really going to look back and be worried about a few empty seats? Those that want to be there to back the team will find a way. Every home game so far has went to general sale I’m really unsure what more the club can do?

Back
Top Bottom